FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Feb 6, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #1,172 of 2,223
Right! If we like the sound, then we have a good device. Further, you can not study it. Accept as is. I will expand the meaning. When marketers hang noodles on our ears. It is useful to look at independent measurements. In order not to be disappointed in a future purchase.

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #1,174 of 2,223
Which Topping DAC/AMP you were comparing this with? I have A30 Pro and looking to buy a DAC for it. I am thinking of buying K9 Pro as single solution.
How good is the AMP on K9 Pro compared to the Topping/SMSL?

I've tested D30 Pro (with A30 Pro too), Topping combo is slightly more neutral and focused on microcontrast to my ears. Probably we need to wait for ESS version to compare. But subjectively, owning A30 Pro, I'd just bought D30 Pro for it, it's simpler than selling A30 and then buying K9. But maybe K9 Pro ESS will be a beater and I'll change this opinion :)

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:39 AM Post #1,175 of 2,223
I've tested D30 Pro (with A30 Pro too), Topping combo is slightly more neutral and focused on microcontrast to my ears. Probably we need to wait for ESS version to compare. But subjectively, owning A30 Pro, I'd just bought D30 Pro for it, it's simpler than selling A30 and then buying K9. But maybe K9 Pro ESS will be a beater and I'll change this opinion :)
Thanks, I will wait until K9 Pro is back in stock and wait for ESS review.

Feb 6, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #1,177 of 2,223
Remote volume control via bluetooth seems to be working with the most recent stable firmware release already, just tested it with my application.
Also there seems to be an option for toggling MQA support, haven't seen that feature in the official control app yet.

So for those wondering, there will most likely be support for remote volume adjustment in the future.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #1,178 of 2,223
Remote volume control via bluetooth seems to be working with the most recent stable firmware release already, just tested it with my application.
Also there seems to be an option for toggling MQA support, haven't seen that feature in the official control app yet.

So for those wondering, there will most likely be support for remote volume adjustment in the future.
What recent stable firmware release are you referring to? Isn't V1.13 the latest?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,184 of 2,223
I am a little used to Low pass filters having dabbled with music production for a a couple of years.
The inbuilt ones on the K9Pro do nothing, tested with different Headphones over a week or two, BT and USB.
I do want to believe though, fantastic sound for me.... perhaps it is a software thing, and the K9pro will evolve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back