FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Feb 2, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #1,141 of 2,223
Just got mine in and so far listening has been really nice. Doesn't sound as congested as the 4490 in my Jot 2.
I'll give it a week and then another week running it as a DAC into the Jot 2 before I decide whether or not I should keep both or sell/return the other,
It definitely has less power than the Jot from the few songs I've listened to using it balanced to my HD6XX, as I have it set to medium gain at around the 10:30 mark on the dial. The Jot 2 I would use on low gain and it would be right under the 9:00 mark.

Feb 2, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #1,142 of 2,223
Just got mine in and so far listening has been really nice. Doesn't sound as congested as the 4490 in my Jot 2.
I'll give it a week and then another week running it as a DAC into the Jot 2 before I decide whether or not I should keep both or sell/return the other,
It definitely has less power than the Jot from the few songs I've listened to using it balanced to my HD6XX, as I have it set to medium gain at around the 10:30 mark on the dial. The Jot 2 I would use on low gain and it would be right under the 9:00 mark.
Are you running balanced output?

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #1,143 of 2,223
Are you running balanced output?
Yep yep, I was running it balanced on both.

Also I think this thing is for sure staying. It's pairing really really nicely with my K812 and is giving me new firsts with these headphones, despite having had them for years.

PS - Give the Belle soundtrack a listen, it's really good.

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #1,144 of 2,223
In no way I'm going to defend the K9 Pro but.

Power and gain are not the same thing...

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #1,145 of 2,223
Yeah but at the same time I apperate how they voiced the amp to be the same as the line out. If you want muscular authority maybe burson might be for consideration with how bold and aggressive they voice their amps.

Somehow I feel that the way the K9 pro is so natural yet intoxicating makes me apperate the music so much more then the gear. Makes it hard to go back to more aggressive sounding stacks like the gustard X16/H16 stack as they sound so forced now.

Then again I'm still in the honeymoon phase so things might change.
I am very interested to hear your long term feedback as I am also trying to decide between this and Gustard stack.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #1,150 of 2,223
A couple questions....

- Can the volume be controlled using the iOS app?
- Can XLR and SE outputs be used at the same time?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #1,151 of 2,223
K9 Pro is out of stock in India and will be back in stock next month.

I have an unboxed Lyr 3 with 4490 DAC module for sale for the same price.

Is it worth over K9 Pro? I won't be using all the features of it. Just the AMP and DAC.

My headphones are HD6XX and LCD2C.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #1,152 of 2,223
Bought a Hart Audio 4.4mm pentaconn to dual female 3-pin XLR adapter cable so I can test the balanced input. Turns out this type of cable is pretty rare. Much easier to find one with dual 3-pin XLR male.
Screenshot 2022-02-04 090248.png

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #1,153 of 2,223
In no way I'm going to defend the K9 Pro but.

Power and gain are not the same thing...
Ah I always felt that those two terms were kinda intertwined but my apologies for doing so. That being said it does have plenty of power to work with all the hardest to drive stuff I have. I plan on testing with IEM's in a little bit here as well. So far this thing is great and it's really making me wonder if I should keep my Jotunheim or not lol

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #1,154 of 2,223
Ah I always felt that those two terms were kinda intertwined but my apologies for doing so. That being said it does have plenty of power to work with all the hardest to drive stuff I have. I plan on testing with IEM's in a little bit here as well. So far this thing is great and it's really making me wonder if I should keep my Jotunheim or not lol
same here, seriously wondering if i need anything else…it’s so good for the money

Feb 4, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #1,155 of 2,223
same here, seriously wondering if i need anything else…it’s so good for the money
Seriously, I think I still want to try it through to Jot and then go from there, but for as much as I like the Jot, there might be a good chance that it will end up on the classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back