FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Nov 13, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #648 of 2,223
Well, I'm sorry to report that the problems with my K9 have resurfaced - the loud interference on the left channel is back. What's happening now is then it will make a click sound, like some solenoid is shutting things down and the LED around the volume knob then flashes red constantly. I can only stop that by long-pressing the standby button then long-pressing it back to on again. I think it's going to have to go back for an exchange, but if @FiiO Willson can supply the latest firmware I'm happy to try that out first?

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #649 of 2,223
Well, I'm sorry to report that the problems with my K9 have resurfaced - the loud interference on the left channel is back. What's happening now is then it will make a click sound, like some solenoid is shutting things down and the LED around the volume knob then flashes red constantly. I can only stop that by long-pressing the standby button then long-pressing it back to on again. I think it's going to have to go back for an exchange, but if @FiiO Willson can supply the latest firmware I'm happy to try that out first?
I think you have a hardware issue, not software

Nov 13, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #652 of 2,223
@FiiO @FiiO Willson
The link to the latest K9Pro-firmware version is wrong:
https://forum.fiio.com/note/showNoteContent.do?id=202111121442092568973

(http://firmware%20download/)
Yes, that link to firmware on the page you referenced seems invalid. However, there are links to firmware download and instructions for upgrading in the "Video about upgrading the firmware:" (youtube).

I did download the firmware - but did not attempt an upgrade. It is confusing to me that the instructions refer to a file "k9_xmos_dfu_0x0a34.bin" while the file in the download is named "k9_xmos_dfu_0x0113.bin", so it is unclear to me if the download is ok to use. I may wait for someone to clarify this.

Nov 13, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #653 of 2,223
Yes, that link to firmware on the page you referenced seems invalid. However, there are links to firmware download and instructions for upgrading in the "Video about upgrading the firmware:" (youtube).

I did download the firmware - but did not attempt an upgrade. It is confusing to me that the instructions refer to a file "k9_xmos_dfu_0x0a34.bin" while the file in the download is named "k9_xmos_dfu_0x0113.bin", so it is unclear to me if the download is ok to use. I may wait for someone to clarify this.

113 should be the latest since my unit comes with 109.

a34 smells like an alpha build

Just imho al always

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #654 of 2,223

I just upgraded the firmware following the YT tutorial. Works just fine.
In the comments you'll find the entire package with 1 firmware (the 113).

@FiiO Willson
It would be very useful to have a checksum (Sha256) available for any kind of firmware, so that the end user may verify the integrity of the firmware before installing it.
Would appreciate it very much if you could forward this to the respective team as a future consideration.

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #655 of 2,223
Another question regarding the firmware update process:
For those of us who have installed the v5.22.0 Beta USB_DAC_Driver, does this fact affect the process in any way? The instructions only reference the v4.47.0 driver as a pre-update requirement.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #656 of 2,223
Well, just for hell of it I've updated the firmware to 1.13. A question for any of you who've also done this; when you open the Fiio control app on your phones and click on the settings icon, what does it say on the top line? Mine still says "Version :v1.0"

Just wondering whether the update has actually taken or not.......

Nov 14, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #657 of 2,223
Well, just for hell of it I've updated the firmware to 1.13. A question for any of you who've also done this; when you open the Fiio control app on your phones and click on the settings icon, what does it say on the top line? Mine still says "Version :v1.0"

Just wondering whether the update has actually taken or not.......
That is the app version. To see firmware version you have to open the FiiO driver on PC

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #660 of 2,223
Yep, I realised after I posted that last night - that I could confirm the updated firmware version via the windows Fiio driver. So the update has worked but I still have the feedback problem, so the amp is going to have to go back to the dealer, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back