FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
Aug 28, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #228 of 2,226
The preproduction model WolfX measured was far from excellent, totally not competitive, especially in the 700+ dollar price bracket

I guess we read the data differently. The balanced DAC output, multitone, crosstalk, jitter, power output and lineout were pretty darn good for a prototype. I guess if SE is the choice of the user, maybe look elsewhere.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #230 of 2,226
I guess we read the data differently. The balanced DAC output, multitone, crosstalk, jitter, power output and lineout were pretty darn good for a prototype. I guess if SE is the choice of the user, maybe look elsewhere.
Sure in a vacuum the measurements are just fine but this device does not exist in a vacuum.
There is some stiff competition in the desktop DAC/AMP/AIO market. Today there are devices that measure the same or even better for half the money. 2 years ago this performance at this price point would've been groundbreaking but today it's just "meh" at best.

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #231 of 2,226
Sure in a vacuum the measurements are just fine but this device does not exist in a vacuum.
There is some stiff competition in the desktop DAC/AMP/AIO market. Today there are devices that measure the same or even better for half the money. 2 years ago this performance at this price point would've been groundbreaking but today it's just "meh" at best.
Can you give us an example of a product with the same featureset at half the price, with much better objective performance?

Aug 31, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #233 of 2,226
There are always people who feel like they have to criticize a product based only on what they have read on the internet. Typically these people have no personal experience with the product but want to give the perception that they do. Their only 'knowledge' is based on reading what others have to say. Also, they typically can't afford to purchase the product they are critical of so they seem to have some sort of inferiority complex, so thus they feel the need to belittle the product.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #234 of 2,226
and also with the same characteristics
First I would like to Know the Actual real characteristics. we don't even know for fact that what they claimed at first will be the final product, of course the AKM 4499, but the power output ? they are some final details that are not sorted out yet(at least not on this post) , another 700 u$s without shipping? most of the smsl, topping, gustard their price after xx$ include free shipping worldwide.
1watt at 300ohm is that confirmed? we don't know the fully spects of the products to check if ok or "meh" not that good., in other hand, as you may all know, they are not many product remain with AKM4499

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #236 of 2,226
Maybe I'm talking nonsense, so don't stone me:

On this image relating to the amplification section, the THX AAA circuit is referenced, however, integrated chips TPA6120A2 appear in the photo of the PCB.

THX.PNG

but to my knowledge, THX AAA amplifier technology has nothing to do with TPA6120A2 integrated chips or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back