FiiO K9 Pro Hi-Fi DeskDop DAC&Bluetooth&Amplifier,XLR/RCA/4.4/Optical/Coaxial interface
May 2, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,606 of 2,233
Decided to return the unit. Unit itself is great but the firmware seems too buggy. When switching sources audio cuts out, and requires a reboot to get it working again. Even with this issue, they are charging me a 20% restocking fee..... dumb. Prob the last time I purchase from Apos/Fiio again. Not the best customer service in my opinion

May 2, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #1,607 of 2,233
Decided to return the unit. Unit itself is great but the firmware seems too buggy. When switching sources audio cuts out, and requires a reboot to get it working again. Even with this issue, they are charging me a 20% restocking fee..... dumb. Prob the last time I purchase from Apos/Fiio again. Not the best customer service in my opinion
Is this switching between wired sources or from wires to Bluetooth? I would assume the Bluetooth source pauses the audio playback when it loses connection. Did not experience the audio cutting out till reboot issue.

May 2, 2022 at 7:38 PM Post #1,608 of 2,233
I’d fight that vigorously with them and your credit card company. I returned to Amazon with zero issue for the same problems.

May 2, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #1,609 of 2,233
Yea apos has been known to provide good service, very surprised about the restocking fee, especially when there are known issues with the k9, i deal with constant pauses during play back. I just overlook the issues because i can’t find anything else that sounds better within my budget.

May 2, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #1,610 of 2,233
Yea apos has been known to provide good service, very surprised about the restocking fee, especially when there are known issues with the k9, i deal with constant pauses during play back. I just overlook the issues because i can’t find anything else that sounds better within my budget.
Have you tried a different usb port? If it is using USB source. Maybe use the motherboard USB instead of front header, etc

May 2, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #1,611 of 2,233
Have you tried a different usb port? If it is using USB source. Maybe use the motherboard USB instead of front header, etc
I learned to live with it, it doesn’t happen often, maybe one time for every 2-3 hours of playback, and it’s a really fast pause, lasts about a second.

May 2, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #1,612 of 2,233
IMG_20220502_182159__01.jpg

Power consumption when playing music from USB source and 4.4 balanced out at medium volume.

Poweroff consumption (hold standby button)
IMG_20220502_182235__01.jpg

I have to say, this is amazingly efficient. So many times I have run into amps that drain almost as much when turned off as when they're turned on. Looking at you Onkyo...

May 3, 2022 at 1:58 AM Post #1,614 of 2,233
May 3, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #1,615 of 2,233
I used face similar issue with k9 in high gain the unit kept on switching in dac mode and hp mode.
I asked fiio about the issue they gave this firmware which delays the input/output changes by 2 sec and resolved my issue.
Not sure if its same with you but i suggest try loading the driver with 2 sec delay and see if it fixes the issue for you.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-k9-pro-hi-fi-deskdop-dac-bluetooth-amplifier,xlr-rca-4-4-optical-coaxial-interface.952664/post-16761329

For me the tiny digital switches in the front kept on changing to different output mode after 10 or 30 secs good thing I had a speaker pluged in on RCA output which. I noticed the output kept on changing from Headphone to speakers.
Hopefully Fiio include better analog/digital switches in front.

Last edited:
May 3, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #1,616 of 2,233
Impressions after a month:
  • No complaint on sound quality: clean, balanced, authentic
  • Powerful enough to push either AKG 702 or Beyerdynamic 770 Pro 250o to whatever level
  • Good driver/AISO works perfect with foobar2k, the driver seems licensed from Lisk Audio
  • Background is super black, high-gain, max volume and absolutely nothing from Beyer
  • Rock solid build and heavy, love the look and feel; it only gets warm not hot
Problems:
  • Gain and Mode switch feel a bit flimsy comparing with rest of the controls on the box
  • Sometimes the FiiO works fine but iOS App can't even find it (on both iPhone and iPad); requires a soft-reboot on FiiO, long press the front power switch then back to get it going again; funny thing is while FiiO App can't find it, iPhone can still play music through BT
  • iOS App seems half baked, EQ doesn't work on all inputs except BT
Really looking forward to a firmware update to make it perfect!

May 3, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,617 of 2,233
I think the restocking fee is in there return policy. But still very high. Apart from that they do have good customer service.

May 3, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #1,618 of 2,233
@FiiO and @FiiO Willson, after months of use, I'm still getting the very annoying clicks/pops on playback with my Fiio K9 Pro AKM version. This happens when the volume is in approximately the 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock range. Any word on a fix for this? I'm running firmware revision vB.18.

If there is no fix in the works, is this issue covered by your warranty?

May 3, 2022 at 9:08 PM Post #1,619 of 2,233
@FiiO and @FiiO Willson, after months of use, I'm still getting the very annoying clicks/pops on playback with my Fiio K9 Pro AKM version. This happens when the volume is in approximately the 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock range. Any word on a fix for this? I'm running firmware revision vB.18.

If there is no fix in the works, is this issue covered by your warranty?
Are the clicks/pops happen when you just turned it on or when you haven't played anything for a while? There is some actual switches that causes that noise when you first turn it on.

May 3, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #1,620 of 2,233
Are the clicks/pops happen when you just turned it on or when you haven't played anything for a while? There is some actual switches that causes that noise when you first turn it on.
This is a known issue that many users have reported. Look at my previous posts for more context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back