[FiiO K9]FiiO Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier K9 Is Officially Released!
Sep 7, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #151 of 223
The Fiio K9 is almost perfect, except the one main annoyance for me is the "Output" switch, changing from headphones to pre-amp for my active speakers can get a bit annoying. I have on some occasions flicked switch a bit too far and gone full blast Line-out.

To me it makes more sense to have the Line-out as middle toggle and pre-amp all the way on top, so easier to ensure not to get full blown to the max speakers.

Or even better, simply have 2 options only i.e. 1) headphone out and rear-out and then have a 2nd dedicated switch to set to pre-amp or line-out. Some other amps already do this like the Questyle amps.

Im the meantime, I assume there is no way to completely disable "Line-out"?
As in, even if toggle selects Line-out, it does not activate.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 2:19 AM Post #152 of 223
The Fiio K9 is almost perfect, except the one main annoyance for me is the "Output" switch, changing from headphones to pre-amp for my active speakers can get a bit annoying. I have on some occasions flicked switch a bit too far and gone full blast Line-out.

To me it makes more sense to have the Line-out as middle toggle and pre-amp all the way on top, so easier to ensure not to get full blown to the max speakers.

Or even better, simply have 2 options only i.e. 1) headphone out and rear-out and then have a 2nd dedicated switch to set to pre-amp or line-out. Some other amps already do this like the Questyle amps.

Im the meantime, I assume there is no way to completely disable "Line-out"?
As in, even if toggle selects Line-out, it does not activate.
Dear friend,

Thanks for the the kind feedback. We will report to the product manager for assessing your suggestion in our later products.
And do you mean the lineout port still have sound when choosing headphone out?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 17, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #153 of 223
Good afternoon everyone,

Excuse my simple English

Next week my Fiio K9 arrives here in Costa Rica.

I would like to ask a question to the friends of Fiio....

What are the chances that in the near future, the equalizer from the cell phone App will be available not only for Bluetooth, but also for the USB input and the others inputs?

Maybe through a firmware update?

In my case that would represent one less link in my audio chain .... and it would be fantastic.

Greetings !!

Sep 17, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #154 of 223
hmmmm.....I am still having ongoing issues with Bluetooth, continually get issues with audio fluttering in and out when listening using my phone (Google Pixel 6) connected via bluetooth to the Fiio K9.

Have updated bluetooth to latest 1.1 driver already, but issue persists.

Have also tried resetting the paired devices as previously suggested which seem to resolve it for only very short time, but issue returns again.

My phone works via bluetooth to other devices perfectly fine, so issue only seems to be related to Fiio K9.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #155 of 223

What are the chances that in the near future, the equalizer from the cell phone App will be available not only for Bluetooth, but also for the USB input and the others inputs?

I’m sorry to break bad news, but that is almost certainly not going to happen. The reason is because it is the Bluetooth chip itself that is doing the PEQ… so if not using Bluetooth, then that chip is not being used. No PEQ (from inside the device) without it.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #156 of 223
I’m sorry to break bad news, but that is almost certainly not going to happen. The reason is because it is the Bluetooth chip itself that is doing the PEQ… so if not using Bluetooth, then that chip is not being used. No PEQ (from inside the device) without it.
Hello, thanks for answering
Yes, it is bad news and a real shame :slight_frown:
I will continue looking for a good equalization alternative for the tidal App on my PC
Thank you !!

Sep 18, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #157 of 223
hmmmm.....I am still having ongoing issues with Bluetooth, continually get issues with audio fluttering in and out when listening using my phone (Google Pixel 6) connected via bluetooth to the Fiio K9.

Have updated bluetooth to latest 1.1 driver already, but issue persists.

Have also tried resetting the paired devices as previously suggested which seem to resolve it for only very short time, but issue returns again.

My phone works via bluetooth to other devices perfectly fine, so issue only seems to be related to Fiio K9.
Dear friend,

Have you installed the antenna for your K9 first? If you don't mind, you could try the K9 with other device as well.
And if the issue still remains, please try to contact support@fiio.com or the seller with the receipt attached.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 19, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #158 of 223
Dear friends, here is my FiiO K9 Review.

Near flagship performance for a fraction of the price. Exceptional value for money.

IMG_20230818_175923.jpg

Sep 28, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #161 of 223
Good afternoon everyone,

Excuse my simple English

Next week my Fiio K9 arrives here in Costa Rica.

In my case that would represent one less link in my audio chain .... and it would be fantastic.

Greetings !!
How is your k9 impresssion, was worth it for you?

Sep 29, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #162 of 223
Can I ask what the multicolor gradient looks like around the dial if set up from the app? - is it green to amber to red (volume based) - or - just as the name implies various [random] colours in each segment?

Thanks,

Sep 29, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #163 of 223
¿Cómo es tu impresión del k9? ¿Valió la pena para ti?
Hello Marius,

It was definitely worth it... I'm came from the Fiio K7 and (without having them side by side), I think there is improvement in sound.

However, I must say that the K7 is very similar in sound .... very similar for me.

Just for the improvement in volume behavior and the inputs and outputs that the K9 has, it is worth it.

I play my Hifiman Ananda Nano and I can tell you that I have never heard such detailed sound.

Only for reference : I've had AKG K712, K550, Hifiman (HE560, Sundara, He400i), a Focal that cost me $1000 (I don't remember the model) ... and a lot of high performance IEM's like Ultimate Ears UE900's, Triple fi, Sony, Fiio FH9, FH5, etc ... and I have never achieved such audio quality as with this combination.

I can highly recommend K9, and the combination with Ananda Nano is fantastic.

Many Greetings.

Sep 30, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #164 of 223
Hello Marius,

It was definitely worth it... I'm came from the Fiio K7 and (without having them side by side), I think there is improvement in sound.

However, I must say that the K7 is very similar in sound .... very similar for me.

Just for the improvement in volume behavior and the inputs and outputs that the K9 has, it is worth it.

I play my Hifiman Ananda Nano and I can tell you that I have never heard such detailed sound.

Only for reference : I've had AKG K712, K550, Hifiman (HE560, Sundara, He400i), a Focal that cost me $1000 (I don't remember the model) ... and a lot of high performance IEM's like Ultimate Ears UE900's, Triple fi, Sony, Fiio FH9, FH5, etc ... and I have never achieved such audio quality as with this combination.

I can highly recommend K9, and the combination with Ananda Nano is fantastic.

Many Greetings.
Very very thanks for your experience. So ananda nano with this amp doesn't seem too bright or treble oriented ? How do you feel? Because i am thinkin of getting such combination.

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #165 of 223
Very very thanks for your experience. So ananda nano with this amp doesn't seem too bright or treble oriented ? How do you feel? Because i am thinkin of getting such combination.
Honestly, yes, the set is bright ... that brightness comes from the Ananda and not so much from the K9.

However, for me it is not a problem for 2 reasons ... the first is that I like that audio profile .... and the second is that I always use equalizer.

So the short answer is yes, the set is bright.

The Ananda Nano is excelent but not perfect, have timbre problem in upper region, and that you have to equalize them no matter what.

When you do it, it seems that they become top-notch headphones. And they have nothing to wish on really expensive headphones.

Have the most difficult elements to achieve in a good headphone, that cannot be achieved by equalizing .... holography, raw resolution, soundstage, realism, naturalness, etc .... those things cannot be added, but Ananda has plenty .... the rest is easy to correct.

Greetings

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back