FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Jan 15, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #782 of 1,435
So I've just noticed the same issue that @Roxaos describes today on mine! *It has happened twice today* and I had the unit for more than a month.

So I had music playing for a while, with the volume dial at about 1-2 o'clock, using the COAX input. Then out of the blue the volume drops to zero for a second or two and then reverts to the original value (on the dial).

This seems to be some sort of firmware issue with the K7.
Really trying to find a resolution for this, suppose I could try for a 3rd K7 to see if it was just a problem with the first 2.
I have the same problem you all mentioned @radman. I returned my first K7 because of this problem and bought the second one, but it still have the same problem. Don't know if this is a software problem or just the bad luck. I'll really appreciate if someone finds the solution to this problem.
Dear friends,

You are using Coaxial input instead of USB input mode when having this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 16, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #784 of 1,435
Dear friends,

You are using Coaxial input instead of USB input mode when having this issue? Thanks in advance!

Best regards
USB.

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #786 of 1,435
For those still sitting on the fence about purchasing a FiiO K7 or holding out for the FiiO K9 to be released here are some glamour shots and info about the K9 which was released over the weekend in China at 2999RMB or around AU$620. Personally I really like the look of it and seriously considering selling my K7, much prefer the lack of a gaudy gold volume knob :thinking:
K9.jpg
FiiO - K9 (1).jpg
FiiO - K9 (2).jpg

Jan 17, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #787 of 1,435
For those still sitting on the fence about purchasing a FiiO K7 or holding out for the FiiO K9 to be released here are some glamour shots and info about the K9 which was released over the weekend in China at 2999RMB or around AU$620. Personally I really like the look of it and seriously considering selling my K7, much prefer the lack of a gaudy gold volume knob :thinking:
K9.jpgFiiO - K9 (1).jpgFiiO - K9 (2).jpg
there is no direct comparison between K7 and K9 since the price difference is huge CNY 1399 vs CNY2999, both this 2 targeted at different consumer...

Jan 17, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #788 of 1,435
there is no direct comparison between K7 and K9 since the price difference is huge CNY 1399 vs CNY2999, both this 2 targeted at different consumer...
I understand that but there was and probably still is people on this thread considering the K9 and were looking for product information on the K9 hence my previous post. It's not a slight on the K7 in any way.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #789 of 1,435
Dear friends,

Best regards
I have the same issue.
USB mode, happened like once every few hours.
Volume suddenly down to 0 for a sec then went back to normal.
Just like the behavior when you switched the output between line and headphone.

My unit still in the return window till the end of this month.
Would like to hear things from you to see if it's fixable.

Jan 17, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #790 of 1,435
I have the same issue.
USB mode, happened like once every few hours.
Volume suddenly down to 0 for a sec then went back to normal.
Just like the behavior when you switched the output between line and headphone.

My unit still in the return window till the end of this month.
Would like to hear things from you to see if it's fixable.
Unhappy it’s a thing but glad it’s getting attention. Hope we can get a resolution sooner than later.

Jan 17, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #791 of 1,435
A K7 review for those interested, enjoy :relaxed:

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #792 of 1,435
Really trying to find a resolution for this, suppose I could try for a 3rd K7 to see if it was just a problem with the first 2.

I wouldn't do that, there is clearly nothing wrong with your machine.
The K5 Pro for example doesn't have this issue and sounds 99% identical. I had it for 2-3 years and never seen anything like this, and I used the USB/COAX/Line-in inputs - no issues whatsoever.

@FiiO I'm using COAX in. Thanks for looking into this!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #793 of 1,435

Just to confirm this refers to a brand new K9 model which is about to be launched, priced around €400. This is the middle column in your table, the one without MQA.
If that's the case then this looks absolutely incredible. Anyone wants a 'like new' K7? 😆

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #794 of 1,435
I literally unboxed the K7 an hour ago and I was bugging them about the K9 for a while and now it is coming :D But unfortunately I can't fully enjoy the K7 yet because it is not working with my Audioquest USB A to C adapter (don't judge, it was cheaper than any other brand when I bought) with the supplied USB cable and I'm an Apple Music user so I need the C to my iPad. It pissed me off, so I guess the K7 is not a fan of adapters and I need a B to C cable (hopefully any B to C will work)... The use of USB-B is a huge con for me now, interestingly the K9 won't have the side C and if it will be expensive in my country then won't make sense to upgrade.

Jan 18, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #795 of 1,435
I literally unboxed the K7 an hour ago and I was bugging them about the K9 for a while and now it is coming :D But unfortunately I can't fully enjoy the K7 yet because it is not working with my Audioquest USB A to C adapter (don't judge, it was cheaper than any other brand when I bought) with the supplied USB cable and I'm an Apple Music user so I need the C to my iPad. It pissed me off, so I guess the K7 is not a fan of adapters and I need a B to C cable (hopefully any B to C will work)... The use of USB-B is a huge con for me now, interestingly the K9 won't have the side C and if it will be expensive in my country then won't make sense to upgrade.
Just a suggestion - perhaps the FiiO LD-TC1 (USB Type-B to USB-C adapter cable, 50cm (~1.6 ft) long) will work for connecting your iPad to the K7? Looks like it sells for about US$20. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back