FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Feb 21, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #391 of 744
  So, bad quality control or just Fiio not testing out their products before releasing them? 
rolleyes.gif

or third option: people being a bit too rough when plugging their players in?

of course the chance of this is higher considering there's no "guideline", so the chance of trying to plug it in at an angle is quite huge.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #392 of 744

or third option: people being a bit too rough when plugging their players in?

of course the chance of this is higher considering there's no "guideline", so the chance of trying to plug it in at an angle is quite huge.

With the X3ii the chance of "trying to plug it in at an angle" is 100%. Look at the photos in your previous post. The port on the X7 is centered and the port on the X3ii is further toward the front of the player. This is why you see users posting that they had to angle the X3ii toward the front of the amp to get the plug started, then angle it back to the correct angle of the dock to push it down. In effect prying the plug of the K5 forward using the players port as the lever. So, bad design? YES!
I sent my K5 back for a refund after trying unsuccessfully for 10 minutes to dock the X3ii. I then assumed (correctly, as it appears) that I would break something if I kept trying.

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #393 of 744
I just got my K5, I don't think there's a way to dock the X3ii with the case on which is a bit of an annoyance because it means I have to skin my X3 every single day when I get home. Eventually, my case'll get worn out and won't fit properly.

EDIT: Got it to fit, but it doesn't go down far enough to actually make a connection. The irony.

Feb 21, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #394 of 744
  I just got my K5, I don't think there's a way to dock the X3ii with the case on which is a bit of an annoyance because it means I have to skin my X3 every single day when I get home. Eventually, my case'll get worn out and won't fit properly.

EDIT: Got it to fit, but it doesn't go down far enough to actually make a connection. The irony.

One cannot try the dap with the case on. They have provided a secondary USB port at the rear panel of the K5 for Fiio daps to be connected through a 11  pin male to 11 pin male micro usb cable which is not suppled by fiio yet  so all have to wait for it. Mean while you can only use the  DAP through the docking connector without the case. Try not to force the dap as it may damage your connector.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #395 of 744
You guys with problem docking the X3 2nd gen, did you have the included spacer on or off?
f08674ee_IMG_3852.jpeg

d94158cc_IMG_3851.jpeg

I suppose it should have been obvious to anyone that the spacer should have been taken OFF for the X3 2nd gen, but it doesn't hurt to ask :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 22, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #397 of 744
Here I need to Ask,

If anyone want to use any of the Fiio DAP with Line Out Mode to K5's Line IN at the back with a high quality 3.5 inch to RCA cable <- By Sound Quality wise it is the same right ? 

Minus auto Turn ON/OFF and Charging for Fiio DAP when Docked.

-------

Also anyone here Tried Optical Out - > Fiio D03k -> Line In To Fiio K5  ? 

How is it ?

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #398 of 744
Here I need to Ask,

If anyone want to use any of the Fiio DAP with Line Out Mode to K5's Line IN at the back with a high quality 3.5 inch to RCA cable <- By Sound Quality wise it is the same right ? 

Minus auto Turn ON/OFF and Charging for Fiio DAP when Docked.

Yes, it should be the same. This mode of operation can in fact extend to any external source component, not just FiiO DAPs or DACs. :smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #399 of 744
You guys with problem docking the X3 2nd gen, did you have the included spacer on or off?

I suppose it should have been obvious to anyone that the spacer should have been taken OFF for the X3 2nd gen, but it doesn't hurt to ask
redface.gif

The spacer was off.
If the plug on the K5 were in the position towards the front of the amp (in that little space you see there) it would work fine for the X3ii. I wonder if you are supposed to move it somehow...like maybe removing those 2 screws and then changing the position??? I don't have the amp anymore to see if that would be possible.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #400 of 744
  The spacer was off.
If the plug on the K5 were in the position towards the front of the amp (in that little space you see there) it would work fine for the X3ii. I wonder if you are supposed to move it somehow...like maybe removing those 2 screws and then changing the position??? I don't have the amp anymore to see if that would be possible.

it's springy, so it should be fine.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #402 of 744
I had a word with one of Fiio India distributor today, he said they are stopping supplies for now because of some issues, the next batch will come at April, not sure but I guess maybe they are fixing this issue.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #403 of 744
Joe

I did not have a case or a spacer on my X3 when I tried to insert it into the K5. I have been using my X3 by plugging it directly to my PC and the using the line out from the DAP to the line in on the K5.

My real concern is that I still have a damaged usb plug in my X3 that is only 5 months old. I already have to wiggle the cable around in the X3 for the computer to recognize it.

How long will I be able to do this prior to it being a total loss of connectivity and writing off a $200 DAP?  I think Fiio should stand behind their product and come up with a solution to this situation.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #404 of 744
  Joe

I did not have a case or a spacer on my X3 when I tried to insert it into the K5. I have been using my X3 by plugging it directly to my PC and the using the line out from the DAP to the line in on the K5.

My real concern is that I still have a damaged usb plug in my X3 that is only 5 months old. I already have to wiggle the cable around in the X3 for the computer to recognize it.

How long will I be able to do this prior to it being a total loss of connectivity and writing off a $200 DAP?  I think Fiio should stand behind their product and come up with a solution to this situation.

I would contact FiiO directly if I were in your position. You can PM them here> http://www.head-fi.org/t/757129/dont-be-shy-contact-us-directly-with-problems-with-your-fiio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back