FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Jan 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #646 of 744

Maybe they;ll bring the cable later on? 
biggrin.gif

Im more curious about a cheap RCA cable that is transparent to use the line out of another device. 

Try eBay. You might be able to get a good cable cheap instead of a cheap cable cheap.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #647 of 744

Try eBay. You might be able to get a good cable cheap instead of a cheap cable cheap.

...eBay does not exist or work in Romania 
frown.gif

I've no idea what to look for, a 10$ cable should do for 3.5 -> 2xRCA 

Maybe something like this would work? It costs like 12$... There are cheap ones at 2$ and the next one costs 35$ which is kinda more than what I want to spend on a cable for K5 since I might not need 

https://www.avstore.ro/cabluri-audio/sonorous-cablu-jack-3-5mm-stereo-2-x-rca-2-m/

In other order of thoughts, to connect a laptop that has line out to K5, it's necessary to have one of those 3.5 to 2xRCA, no? 

Curious if K5 will do ie800 justice 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #649 of 744

strange, i live in romania and i buy from ebay all the time, both european (uk, de etc.) and .com.

Well - some cities and areas like entire Arges county relies on a single city delivery point - Pitesti. 

This means that whenever I buy something from outside, I need to sacrifice an entire day of work, a 50km car ride (gas price) and have to fit in with the schedule there. 

And in Bucharest they're.... They sent some things back without even informing me that they arrived. 

All of this on normal postage, using curiers works well. At least this was my experience. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #650 of 744

Well - some cities and areas like entire Arges county relies on a single city delivery point - Pitesti. 

This means that whenever I buy something from outside, I need to sacrifice an entire day of work, a 50km car ride (gas price) and have to fit in with the schedule there. 

And in Bucharest they're.... They sent some things back without even informing me that they arrived. 

All of this on normal postage, using curiers works well. At least this was my experience. 

thats something i understand (although it only happens for packages shipped from outside of the european union, to be fair), but saying that "ebay does not exist or work in romania" sounds like an overstatement. i didnt want to offend you in any way, i just felt some clarification was needed. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #651 of 744
  thats something i understand (although it only happens for packages shipped from outside of the european union, to be fair), but saying that "ebay does not exist or work in romania" sounds like an overstatement. i didnt want to offend you in any way, i just felt some clarification was needed. 
beerchug.gif

Sure, my friend! 
beerchug.gif

I avoid ordering from outside if not from a shop because I had problems with some packages, and you know, once burnt, always cautious 
frown.gif

As for a working RCA cable, the one mentioned earlier by me should do it's job without any problems, no? 

Jan 5, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #652 of 744

Sure, my friend! 
beerchug.gif

I avoid ordering from outside if not from a shop because I had problems with some packages, and you know, once burnt, always cautious 
frown.gif

As for a working RCA cable, the one mentioned earlier by me should do it's job without any problems, no? 

yes, that cable should work and looks nice too. it's longer than i would need though.

Jan 5, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #654 of 744
  When ordering a cable, figure out the longest you'll need and don't order any longer.

yes, that cable should work and looks nice too. it's longer than i would need though.

Really should remember this advice when ordering something, I got a lot of cables around my table, especially mouse cable. 

On the other hand, I don't have enough headphone cables, since ultrasone dj one pro comes with a half meter cable that isn't enough to use them comfortably with anything
biggrin.gif

I would go as far as saying that IE800 from sennheiser has longer cables 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Looking forward for hearing the K5 soon, don't know why, but it really got my attention lately. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #655 of 744
I am using my X3ii and K5 to drive the HE-400i, but I feel like it still doesn't have enough power. I have everything maxed out and the K5 at 12 o'clock and high gain and it's kind of loud enough. I still feel like maybe something is missing.

Would there be a difference in volume between docking the X3 and docking the E17k? 

Does anybody else have experience using the same combo as me? Is there anything I can do to get more sound out of it? I'm surprised and disappointed because on paper it's a very powerful amp.

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #657 of 744
  I am using my X3ii and K5 to drive the HE-400i, but I feel like it still doesn't have enough power. I have everything maxed out and the K5 at 12 o'clock and high gain and it's kind of loud enough. I still feel like maybe something is missing.

Would there be a difference in volume between docking the X3 and docking the E17k? 

Does anybody else have experience using the same combo as me? Is there anything I can do to get more sound out of it? I'm surprised and disappointed because on paper it's a very powerful amp.

Dear ext23,

Please check whether the line out mode is set to fixed and fixed level is set to 0dB for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #658 of 744
Hello,

1. Can somebody explain how to connect the Fiio K5 to PC, i need the RCA CABLE RED AND WHITE with the 3.5mm jack plug in the PC? I want only to use with my PC and headphones. I tryed to use rca cable with 3.5mm jack but when i move the mouse i hear some strange sound, how can i remove that? Or how i had to connect?

2. Also for what is the USB cable that come in the box?

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #659 of 744
  Hello,

1. Can somebody explain how to connect the Fiio K5 to PC, i need the RCR CABLE RED AND WHITE with the 3.5mm jack plug in the PC? I want only to use with my PC and headphones.

2. Also for what is the USB cable that come in the box?

1. yes, that's what you need; connect the 3.5mm plug to the line-out of your PC and the red & white jacks to the line-in connectors on your k5

2. the K5 can be used as a dock for fiio x3ii, x5ii, x7, e17k. you use the USB cable to connect these to your PC in DAC mode

you may find more details here: http://www.fiio.net/en/story/408

Jan 12, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #660 of 744
1. I connected with RCA cable but i have noise on audio when is nothing playing, even when i move the mouse, is because of the cable or the onboard audio of pc? do i need a sound card or what?

2. I have the Fiio X1-II, i have to use it with cable or without?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back