FiiO K5 || FiiO's docking desktop amp
Jun 10, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #31 of 744
I'm still waiting. . .

Waiting for the E09S you mean, or?

(this is your first post in this thread as far as I can see)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 14, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #34 of 744
Just my opinion, but I think the next edition should have some sort of dock cover for people NOT using it with a Fiio DAC. I know it's designed to be used together with another Fiio DAC, so I do understand including of the dock itself, but there are many, many people who used the E9/E09K without one paired and that dock honestly is an eyesore if you don't... 

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #35 of 744
It will be amazing if there will a remote control for this docking.

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #36 of 744
When using the E17K with the E09K, the dock connection is naturally hidden:

Just my opinion, but I think the next edition should have some sort of dock cover for people NOT using it with a Fiio DAC. I know it's designed to be used together with another Fiio DAC, so I do understand including of the dock itself, but there are many, many people who used the E9/E09K without one paired and that dock honestly is an eyesore if you don't... 

Jun 23, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #38 of 744
Hi there,
I'm new to this and I see you have paired the E17k with the E09k. Can you tell me exactly how you did that, what connects to what?? I've already hooked up the E09k via usb. I really need to know your hook up here. I was thinking that the E17k would be able to dock with the E09k because they are both "k" versions of the hardware. But nope, some genius decided that was to much like right so I'm stuck with the setup and now I need to get it to work for me. Any help is much appreciated. 

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #39 of 744
  When using the E17K with the E09K, the dock connection is naturally hidden:

Hi there,
I'm new to this and I see you have paired the E17k with the E09k. Can you tell me exactly how you did that, what connects to what?? I've already hooked up the E09k via usb. I really need to know your hook up here. I was thinking that the E17k would be able to dock with the E09k because they are both "k" versions of the hardware. But nope, some genius decided that was to much like right so I'm stuck with the setup and now I need to get it to work for me. Any help is much appreciated. 

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #40 of 744
  Hi there,

The E09K is meant to dock with the either the E17 or E07K. The dock connector will not work with the E17K.

The E17K is supposed to work with the E09S dock, which has not yet been released.

The USB on the back of the E09K is basically a pass-through for the dock connector. I am using the E17K with the E09K. I have to use the Aux-In ports RCA ports on the back. I use the middle 3.5mm connector on the E17K connected to RCA jacks. The cable is not in my picture.because I was responding to a comment made that when using the E09K as an amp only, the unsightly dock connector is still visible. My post was meant to show that when I rest the E17K on the E09K, it covers up the hole that some find unsightly.

The older E09 can also be used in this fashion, but it needs a male-to-male 3-connector 3.5mm adapter - which actually comes with E07, E07K, E17, or E17K. However, depending on your model, you might be able to just plop it in the dock - then you will need the USB cable. 

If you are using the line out of the E17K to aux in of the E09K as I am, the USB connector on the back of the E09K will serve no purpose, you will have to go out from the source USB to the micro-USB in on the E17K.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #41 of 744
Thanks so much for your help. I got 'er done and she sounds great. I just want to say I appreciate you for your timely response. I was at my wits end trying to figure it all out. I'm a happy camper now. Running Logitech Z623s through the E17k and V-Moda M-100s through the E09. Is it because I'm running everything thru the E09k's aux that I'm stuck with 48k/16bit??? Thought I'd get 96k/32bit at least. Any suggestions on that, please. Thanks again. You're a gem.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #43 of 744
  The E17K adjusts to the bit rate/frequency of the source. Set your source to a higher bit rate/frequency.

Thanks. I set it and now I all good. So appreciate you. Hope I can return the favor one day. This ish is jamming!! 
L3000.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #44 of 744
Just to sum up the above, the best connection from the computer to the E17K to the E09K should be:
Computer->E17K USB port->E17K set to USB mode->E17K's middle line out port->3.5mm to RCA adapter cable->E09K's AUX IN ports->E09K's front headphone port->headphones

Hope everybody has it figured out :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #45 of 744
Meanwhile, we have finalized the design of the amp and it will be released together with the X7. Please see the updated first post for details :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back