FiiO&JadeAudio Over-Ear Headphones Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #511 of 603
Also, it didn’t include the balanced cable, which is the main reason I wanted to order from AliExpress. I may try it again, I was just frustrated yesterday.

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #512 of 603
I went to order the FT5 on HiFigo yesterday, but they raised the price $100.00US.

Still trying to figure out my Christmas gift to myself. :smile:

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #514 of 603
I’m seeing JT1 available on Amazon right now for a Monday delivery for me. 🤷🏽‍♂️

IMG_6668.png
IMG_6668.png

Dec 14, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #516 of 603
I haven't heard the 32 Ohm version of the FT3, just the 350 Ohm. I generally agree with the review. They are extremely clear, detailed and airy-sounding. They have a rather small (in terms of depth) soundstage for open-backs. The instruments seem to be placed close to eachother, but with no congestion. They seem to be ideal for studio applications. I was however put off by their absolute lack of coloration and lack of warmth in the mids. They just sound so sterile and dry to my ears. O would give them 10/10 for studio and 8/10 for home use/music enjoyment.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 4:07 AM Post #517 of 603
I haven't heard the 32 Ohm version of the FT3, just the 350 Ohm. I generally agree with the review. They are extremely clear, detailed and airy-sounding. They have a rather small (in terms of depth) soundstage for open-backs. The instruments seem to be placed close to eachother, but with no congestion. They seem to be ideal for studio applications. I was however put off by their absolute lack of coloration and lack of warmth in the mids. They just sound so sterile and dry to my ears. O would give them 10/10 for studio and 8/10 for home use/music enjoyment.
You should definitely try the 32Ω version. The have what you are missing.

Dec 15, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #518 of 603
Interesting fact: FiiO JT1 and Sundara Closed use the same cable design. I successfully plugged my FiiO JT1 balanced cable into Sundara Closed. Works like a charm :)

Ichos said: You should definitely try the 32Ω version. The have what you are missing.
If I ever have the chance I will surely try them out :)

I'm sure this won't come as a shock to you, the FiiO JT1 beat Sundara Closed hands down.
Comparing to the DT770 Pro 250Ohm the FiiO is technically on the same level while being much more enjoyable.
The FiiO JT1 is actually more neutral than the DT770, which has a more pronounced treble.
The DT770 has almost no coloration in the mids though, while the JT1 has a warmer, more enjoyable mid-range.
For music enjoyment the FiiO JT1 is definitely better than the DT770 Pro.
For studio applications the DT770 Pro is a clear winner.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #520 of 603
I'm sure this won't come as a shock to you, the FiiO JT1 beat Sundara Closed hands down.

Well, I know what you weren’t specifically talking to me, but it would in fact come as shock to me that the FT1 would beat the Sundara Closed hands down. I’m curious to hear yiu elaborate on that. 🤓

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #522 of 603
Well, I know what you weren’t specifically talking to me, but it would in fact come as shock to me that the FT1 would beat the Sundara Closed hands down. I’m curious to hear yiu elaborate on that. 🤓
I had the Sundara closed for a few days. Fortunately I was able to return them. They were so bad I wouldn't buy them for $50, let alone $200 (which was the amount I did pay for them). It's difficult to even compare the Sundara Closed to anything decent and the FiiO JT1s are really decent, far better than their price tag suggests.

Basically, to my ears the Sundara Closed have pretty pleasant, impactful bass (pretty good for some genres), which has decent detail.
Unfortunately, their mid-range is muddy and lacks resolution, it's nowhere near as resolving as the open back Hifimans (Sundara Open, Ananda Stealth, even HE400SE).
Their treble are quite splashy, but not harsh like the Sundara Open.
Overall, I felt that I got a pair of headphones that don't have the usual advantages of planar magnetic headphones, but had the disadvantages of many planars like ridiculously high weight. It was a very unpleasant experience and I'm happy I got my money back.

I can list at least a few vastly superior closed headphones at a similar or lower price than the Sundara C's: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-MSR7b, and now the FiiO JT1.

The Sundara Closed are considered quite awful by the headphone community. I bought them, because they were quite affortable for closed-back planars and I was curious if they could benefit from EQ. Unfortnately, nothing could help their performance.

I hooked them up to my home setup (SMSL PO 100 AK - DAC; Topping L30II - amp) using the stock (SE) cable, and the FiiO Q11 (using the FiiO balanced cable).

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #523 of 603
I had the Sundara closed for a few days. Fortunately I was able to return them. They were so bad I wouldn't buy them for $50, let alone $200 (which was the amount I did pay for them). It's difficult to even compare the Sundara Closed to anything decent and the FiiO JT1s are really decent, far better than their price tag suggests.

Basically, to my ears the Sundara Closed have pretty pleasant, impactful bass (pretty good for some genres), which has decent detail.
Unfortunately, their mid-range is muddy and lacks resolution, it's nowhere near as resolving as the open back Hifimans (Sundara Open, Ananda Stealth, even HE400SE).
Their treble are quite splashy, but not harsh like the Sundara Open.
Overall, I felt that I got a pair of headphones that don't have the usual advantages of planar magnetic headphones, but had the disadvantages of many planars like ridiculously high weight. It was a very unpleasant experience and I'm happy I got my money back.

I can list at least a few vastly superior closed headphones at a similar or lower price than the Sundara C's: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-MSR7b, and now the FiiO JT1.

The Sundara Closed are considered quite awful by the headphone community. I bought them, because they were quite affortable for closed-back planars and I was curious if they could benefit from EQ. Unfortnately, nothing could help their performance.

I hooked them up to my home setup (SMSL PO 100 AK - DAC; Topping L30II - amp) using the stock (SE) cable, and the FiiO Q11 (using the FiiO balanced cable).
I had the DT 770 Pro and they were irritating in the treble and are one of the few headphones I’ve bought that I’ve sold. 😅 I never understood their popularity anymore than I do the unpopularity of the Sundara Closed. 🤷🏽‍♂️

But, the JT1 has me intrigued nonetheless, though I doubt I would prefer them outright to the Sundara Closed, but appreciate them for a different sonic experience.

Dec 28, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #524 of 603
I had the DT 770 Pro and they were irritating in the treble and are one of the few headphones I’ve bought that I’ve sold. 😅 I never understood their popularity anymore than I do the unpopularity of the Sundara Closed. 🤷🏽‍♂️

But, the JT1 has me intrigued nonetheless, though I doubt I would prefer them outright to the Sundara Closed, but appreciate them for a different sonic experience.
I sold my DT770 Pros after owning them for at least 2 years. I decided that they sound too dry for me. The FiiO JT1 is warmer and more engaging, but still pretty natural-sounding. I imagine the DT770 Pros are great for studio/professional use. Still they are very good for music, but I decided to go for something more musical.

Dec 28, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #525 of 603

I'm with you on the DT770 Pros. I bought a pair and really wanted to like them, but found the treble to be unbearable. They sound very aggressive and shrill to me--verging on painful. Boxed them back up and sent them back almost immediately. Lots of people love them, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back