FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #121 of 1,898
Out of the box as promised. Sound balancing is superb. Clean airy excellent detail from treble to bass. These do sound like they are semi open. Sound is mature with a great sense of space. Love this cable it comes with. The whole package is supreme. I can honestly say Fiio does the open box experience justice.

Looking forward to reading your detail review. If possible also read the comparison with the same price brackets such as A7 and DM8.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #122 of 1,898

Shells have weight. Substantial beauty and style in the build. I just popped the box open just now took one pic and they are in my ears with my M15 of course. This combo sounds really good. Almost like they were made for one another. Lol

Out of the box as promised. Sound balancing is superb. Clean airy excellent detail from treble to bass. These do sound like they are semi open. Sound is mature with a great sense of space. Love this cable it comes with. The whole package is supreme. I can honestly say Fiio does the open box experience justice.

These sound great. For the folks that just bought these. Rest assured I think your gonna like.
Nm2+ Vs fd5 has to happen now lol. Nm2+ is my favourite but I hope the fd5 can do vocals and stage better. Would you class these an upgrade or on the same level as the nm2+?

@RikudouGoku how you finding them against the oxygen on initial impressions?

Dec 23, 2020 at 3:17 AM Post #123 of 1,898
leaving a hi here to get more updates!

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #124 of 1,898
Finally here ! With a $30 marked price on the shipping document ... No UK tax on these beauties 🤣
20201223_095338.jpg

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:02 AM Post #126 of 1,898
What a treat! Did you get it from Fiio’s AliExpress store?

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #128 of 1,898
DSC07806.JPG

Shells have weight. Substantial beauty and style in the build. I just popped the box open just now took one pic and they are in my ears with my M15 of course. This combo sounds really good. Almost like they were made for one another. Lol

These sound great. For the folks that just bought these. Rest assured I think your gonna like.
Had a sneaky feeling you'd be onboard with these 😁

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #129 of 1,898
Would love to know how they fare against other single DD iems in the price range :)

Dec 23, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #130 of 1,898
Had a sneaky feeling you'd be onboard with these 😁
This iem was not in his plans actually until fiio contacted him. I may of had a part to play in him recieving them lol, But good they did because I really wanted him to review them and compare them against other single DD's in similar price ranges. Hopefully it's an upgrade and I trust @Dsnuts to give an honest opinion and if it's not I'll just wait for the dunu titans.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #131 of 1,898

Exciting, waiting for mine to actually ship it's stuck at label created for 2 days...

Dec 23, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #133 of 1,898
Hifigo store, better price and shipping via priority cheaper. All the fun ends at the end of the year for us in the UK, everything no matter what the cost is taxable and vat charges will be applied.
I see HiFiNo raised their price on the Fiio FD5 to $319 USD; which takes it above $337 USD, for me, with express shipping
vs
AE FiiO Official store's $319.99 USD; which includes DHL shipping

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #134 of 1,898
I see HiFiNo raised their price on the Fiio FD5 to $319 USD
Can only comment on buying from the UK, due to exchange rates etc. Was still £13 cheaper than AliExpress and that included shipping and I got stung with import tax the last time I bought off AliExpress. These are going to be probably £300 when they hit the UK as what you see in dollars usually means in pounds for us.

Dec 23, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #135 of 1,898
Nm2+ Vs fd5 has to happen now lol. Nm2+ is my favourite but I hope the fd5 can do vocals and stage better. Would you class these an upgrade or on the same level as the nm2+?

@RikudouGoku how you finding them against the oxygen on initial impressions?
I give you more info later, been busy with school work (when you procrastinate until the last minute lol).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back