FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #1,007 of 1,891
I'm curious about how much it cost you to do that? I see from your profile that you are located in Romania. I live in Canada (ie. North America). For many of us here, the cost of shipping an item back to a Chinese/Aliexpress seller...is like 35 to 50% of the cost of the item. Many people just find the expense too prohibitive. Did you buy your FD5 from a local store, or did you buy it from Aliexpress? This is just a general interest question. I'm curious about shipping costs for consumers in the EU vs those in North America. For many of us in North America; the cost of sending a defective item back to China is not worth it.

Apr 9, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,009 of 1,891
I'm curious about how much it cost you to do that? I see from your profile that you are located in Romania. I live in Canada (ie. North America). For many of us here, the cost of shipping an item back to a Chinese/Aliexpress seller...is like 35 to 50% of the cost of the item. Many people just find the expense too prohibitive. Did you buy your FD5 from a local store, or did you buy it from Aliexpress? This is just a general interest question. I'm curious about shipping costs for consumers in the EU vs those in North America. For many of us in North America; the cost of sending a defective item back to China is not worth it.
Im not shiping anithing. My seller , its doing all the settlings.Yes im from Romania.

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,011 of 1,891
Folks, you've got me interested.
Diggin the FD1 for 2 weeks now and they're great so far.
They've a touch of my D9200, i've to say. ^^

Any comments on the differences between FD1 and FD5?

I'm somewhat intriged by the (possibly) bigger headstage to be gain from the FD5 now.

Thanks in advance.

All the best
Chris

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #1,012 of 1,891

I'm somewhat intriged by the (possibly) bigger headstage to be gain from the FD5 now.

Thanks in advance.

All the best
Chris
I enjoyed the fd1 too, and it was what made me consider the fd5. For me, the fd5 is better in all particulars. And more adjustable to taste in sound sig as well. Bargain.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #1,013 of 1,891

Thanks in advance.

All the best
Chris
Pull the trigger. FD5 is very very good. I was honestly surprised that Fiio pulled off such an awesome tuning with a single DD.

Apr 10, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #1,014 of 1,891
@Chris Kaoss

As I have both I will agree , as the guys mentioned the FD5 is a step above as it is better tuned , more finely articulated , full bodied , rounded and dynamic.
Also stage is more holographic and the only thing that you should keep in mind is that bass is a little more boosted than that of the FD1 which is more linear.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #1,015 of 1,891
@Chris Kaoss

As I have both I will agree , as the guys mentioned the FD5 is a step above as it is better tuned , more finely articulated , full bodied , rounded and dynamic.
Also stage is more holographic and the only thing that you should keep in mind is that bass is a little more boosted than that of the FD1 which is more linear.
How is the rest of the spectrum on FD1? Is it harsh or rough?

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #1,016 of 1,891
How is the rest of the spectrum on FD1? Is it harsh or rough?
It's a long time since I listened with it but from what I remember there was a touch of brightness - harshness - metallic timbre but other than that it is balanced and very good for the price.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #1,017 of 1,891
It's a long time since I listened with it but from what I remember there was a touch of brightness - harshness - metallic timbre but other than that it is balanced and very good for the price.
Thanks...will look for this for a beater iem.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #1,019 of 1,891

Users who are viewing this thread

Back