FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now !
Jan 24, 2017 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO

On July 2015, FiiO partnered with the well-known earphone manufacturer DUNU to create the EX1 based on the DUNU Titan1. According to statistics, the EX1 has gone on to become one of the best-selling IEMs internationally from a Chinese brand in the 60 USD and up range!

Additionally, the EX1 has been praised by enthusiasts all over the world. However, we at FiiO could not just be complacent – in order to be true to the spirit of “Born for Music and Happy”, we again partnered up with DUNU to go back to the drawing board to create an even more refined version of the EX1, with more useful features and even better sound quality.

Check out for the introduction of EX1 2nd gen by below pictures or check on our website at: http://www.fiio.net/en/products/66

The delivery of EX1 2nd gen (available in Black only) to our worldwide agents starts today. If you are interested, please kindly check with local agents (http://www.fiio.net/en/stores) for its availability soon.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 25, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 99
How is this sound different comparing with AudioTechnica's ATH - E40 ? Anyone auditioned / own both of them....can compare ?

Asking this because EX-1 2nd Gen priced very near of ATH-E40.   

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 99
  How is this sound different comparing with AudioTechnica's ATH - E40 ? Anyone auditioned / own both of them....can compare ?

Asking this because EX-1 2nd Gen priced very near of ATH-E40.   

I have not tried the ATH E40, but I can tell you that the original EX1 competes against IEMs 5 times their price and beats some of them too in fidelity. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 99
I'm currently listening to the EX1. If the 2nd gen is indeed better, I can't wait to buy it. The EX1 is, along with the Sony MDR-1A, quite possibly the highest bang for the buck headphones I own!

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #7 of 99
I'm currently listening to the EX1. If the 2nd gen is indeed better, I can't wait to buy it. The EX1 is, along with the Sony MDR-1A, quite possibly the highest bang for the buck headphones I own!

Arrived yesterday!
They sound great! Far far better than the previous model.
Very clear and defined mids and highs (vocals in particular). Great soundstage.
First unit I received was defective (3.5 connector had a joke).
The new pair I received today is perfect.
I recommend them without any doubt.

181771c36ef7afacafd5131af6951afb.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 99
Arrived yesterday!

My pair is on the way.
Is the soundstage as big as the original model? Are the mids brought forward? is the treble smoother? are these warmer?

Jan 27, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 99
Arrived yesterday!

My pair is on the way.
Is the soundstage as big as the original model? Are the mids brought forward? is the treble smoother? are these warmer?

The soundstage is really great, better than the previous model.
I think the most sensible upgrade is in the vocal range and in the mids section.
Warmer? More or less are the same. Maybe a little warmer...I'm finishing to test them.
In general Fiio and Dunu did a great work with these new Ex1, taking them to a new level of quality.
Quality building is also better than the original ex1. Inline controls are very useful and responsive. Cable is resistant and very handy to roll (the original was a nightmare...)

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 99
The soundstage is really great, better than the previous model.
I think the most sensible upgrade is in the vocal range and in the mids section.
Warmer? More or less are the same. Maybe a little warmer...I'm finishing to test them.
In general Fiio and Dunu did a great work with these new Ex1, taking them to a new level of quality.
Quality building is also better than the original ex1. Inline controls are very useful and responsive. Cable is resistant and very handy to roll (the original was a nightmare...)

thank you for the comparison. can't wait to receive mine.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #11 of 99
I just got mine.
Initial impressions are very positive.
also, your impressions are accurate. Oh my! These sound almost like an open back headphone. That soundstage!
These are indeed better with better details . I will come back with detailed impression in some days.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #12 of 99
I got mine two days ago. First one must switch the default green tips to say red ones for warmth. Detail is very good. Resolvability is excellent. I listen to classical 90+% of the time. X1, X1-2 and M3. I originally expected F3 would be OK for M3 with classical. But not for detail. Here is where EX1-2 shines. So for me EX1-2 will be the default ear buds on the go for both X1 and M3. On androids F3 is excellent. Even F1.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #14 of 99
If you click on the product info link at Fiio site above for EX1-2, a picture for ear tips is shown. Not a filter but these tips modify the sound. The colors are inside tube or jacket colors. Three are Red, another three are black, one light blue, one green (default) and one yellow. Of course they are all pairs (when I say one I mean a pair of tips).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back