FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #2,282 of 2,806
what do the filters do to the sound
A lot of things. Really.

We clearly win on almost every criteria. In terms of timbre density, texture, especially in the low register, presence, but without losing agility or precision, in perceived power...

It is exactly the same actions as the modules at 64 audio for example. Between a m15 and a m20. No driver flex at all.

It's simple. When I did my tests yesterday (values : 500, 700, 750, 800, 850, 900, 950, 1000), I took the opportunity to listen again to the FH9 without these filters.

I can't anymore...

For the canula, green filters on.

Jan 17, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #2,283 of 2,806
when stacking dampers you are not getting value + value, its a nonlinear thing
I indicate the values because it is necessary to know them.
If not, how can I do it? :beerchug:

About the filter values, you have 200-250-300-350-400-450-500.

The higher the value, the higher the filtering (but not obscuring) power.

Physically (you need a magnifying glass) this translates into a tighter and tighter weave of the paper fabric.

The best balance is therefore obtained with 500 + 200 filters.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #2,284 of 2,806
Hey guys, I’ve searched this thread a few times looking for comparisons against the FH7 and FD9 but wanted to see if I could get anymore insight from anyone who has tried both.

Right now, Amazon has the FH9 for $560 and the FD7 for $460 and I’m heavily considering one of these.

As far as soundstage goes, how do they compare? What genres go well with each one?

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #2,285 of 2,806
Hey guys, I’ve searched this thread a few times looking for comparisons against the FH7 and FD9 but wanted to see if I could get anymore insight from anyone who has tried both.

Right now, Amazon has the FH9 for $560 and the FD7 for $460 and I’m heavily considering one of these.

As far as soundstage goes, how do they compare? What genres go well with each one?
Kindly check my review

https://ichos-reviews.com/fiio-fh9/

Or here at Headfi

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-fh9.25603/review/27536/

Jan 19, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #2,286 of 2,806
Dear FiiO

I probably switched back and forth between the different sound filters for FH9 too many times, and the little black rubber ring was torn apart on one of my balanced filters. Can I buy a new set of filters somehow, I would happily pay for it, I just can't find it anywhere on aliexpress store. Sorry if this was already asked. Thank you in advance.

Jan 19, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #2,287 of 2,806
Jan 19, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #2,288 of 2,806
Nice, :beerchug:

You should try some tweaks I have detailed here.

About... everything in fact (sound wise :L3000:).

Really a surprising product.... It can scale very, very high, with just a little effort. :sunglasses:
Thanks, I wish I had the time to try some tweaks and revisit some products but this is the curse of reviewing continuously.
You can't have much fun with older products.
But I think that experienced users like you are much better in exploiting the sound possibilities of a product than reviewers are.
Great job, I have been monitoring your dedication to the FH9.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #2,289 of 2,806
That's what forums are all about: sharing. 😇👍

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #2,291 of 2,806
Dear FiiO

I probably switched back and forth between the different sound filters for FH9 too many times, and the little black rubber ring was torn apart on one of my balanced filters. Can I buy a new set of filters somehow, I would happily pay for it, I just can't find it anywhere on aliexpress store. Sorry if this was already asked. Thank you in advance.
have the same problem, I would also be very interested in finding new little black rubber ring

Jan 23, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #2,292 of 2,806
Bad for you guys.... I will never take my green filters off! :wink:

Anyway, I am sure FiiO will help you as their customer support is great.

What do you all think about the recent Zios FH9 review on YT? He prefers the bass filter, I assume his unit was new and not properly burnt.
Anyway, I do agree these are pretty aggressive IEM definitely not relaxed.. but they are so good that way.

Has anybody compared these directly to Monarch mk2 already? Would be interested to know how to they compare in bass, detail retrieval, etc.
Thanks

Jan 24, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #2,293 of 2,806
So far I can say the fh9 can be great but a few things need to be handled: first you need to burn in the set. Secondly i find the cable it comes with as like many silver cables makes the sound harh and bass weak, if you can get a pure copper cable you will be in for a treat

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #2,295 of 2,806
Bad for you guys.... I will never take my green filters off! :wink:

Anyway, I am sure FiiO will help you as their customer support is great.

What do you all think about the recent Zios FH9 review on YT? He prefers the bass filter, I assume his unit was new and not properly burnt.
Anyway, I do agree these are pretty aggressive IEM definitely not relaxed.. but they are so good that way.

Has anybody compared these directly to Monarch mk2 already? Would be interested to know how to they compare in bass, detail retrieval, etc.
Thanks
Am glad that Zeos has finally reviewed them, he certainly has a unique reviewing style. Have had mine for several months and love them, though haven't tired the other filters yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back