FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Apr 21, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #976 of 2,767
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #977 of 2,767
4-EN.jpg

Behind the comfortable and fit wearing, it is the cavity architecture that never gives in even for one step.
Going through thousands of scheme optimization and combination attempts, the 2 Balanced Armatures 2 Dynamic Drivers In-Ear Monitors FH5s eventually lives up to expectations, giving a super satisfying listening experience from the hand to the ear.
On April 26th, we will be waiting for you at the FiiO 2021 New Earphones Online Launch Event.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 22, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #978 of 2,767
I am thinking Fiio are going to charge TOTL pricing for this.

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #979 of 2,767
Apr 22, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #980 of 2,767
250$?!? It’s a bargain

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #981 of 2,767
250$?!? It’s a bargain
If they can keep/upgrade the FH3 bass and improve the mids/treble timbre and with a bigger and airier soundstage, then yes. It is pretty close to the FD5 though (in price), so lets see what will happen.

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #982 of 2,767
No, it will be 250 usd.
Yes! My finger is hovering over the pre-order button that does not yet exist. The potential for market disruption is enormous, if the FH5s can deliver the sonic goods. With FiiO, I think the possibility is strong for delivering a great sounding unit.

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #983 of 2,767
Yes! My finger is hovering over the pre-order button that does not yet exist. The potential for market disruption is enormous, if the FH5s can deliver the sonic goods. With FiiO, I think the possibility is strong for delivering a great sounding unit.
You praying for it to be the FH3 upgrade? :smile:

Apr 22, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #984 of 2,767
Apr 22, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #985 of 2,767
Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #986 of 2,767
Probably be $600 in Australia then!

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #987 of 2,767
I do find that hard to believe considering the FD5 is more expensive.
Which may just mean that the sound and tuning may not match up to FD5 (which I love very much, except the slightly warmer midrange). Berilliyum plated drivers are available for cheaper price also, does not mean that the performance of the same will be similar to FD5.

Incidentally, Fiio said that FD5 and FH5S will be having different tunings, and no clear statement was made regarding one's superiority over the other. But I do not think they are going to shoot in their foot by releasing a cheaper iem which can outperform one already highly acclaimed costlier iem.

Apr 22, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #989 of 2,767
Which may just mean that the sound and tuning may not match up to FD5 (which I love very much, except the slightly warmer midrange). Berilliyum plated drivers are available for cheaper price also, does not mean that the performance of the same will be similar to FD5.

Incidentally, Fiio said that FD5 and FH5S will be having different tunings, and no clear statement was made regarding one's superiority over the other. But I do not think they are going to shoot in their foot by releasing a cheaper iem which can outperform one already highly acclaimed costlier iem.
I see your point. There are some other considerations though. FiiO recently had a poll about people's preferred driver type/combination. Hybrids were the winners by a significant margin. The $300 price point is very competitive. Pricing the FH5s at $250 puts it in another price/psychology bracket in which FiiO could possibly dominate the field (assuming the FH5s delivers) and is almost at an impulse buy price range for enthusiasts. FiiO could make their profits through volume of sales and through "stealing" sales from competitors in the $170 and modestly above price ranges. If you can get the FH5s for $250 why get Brand X IEM re-iteration at $190 or Brand Y's present IEM at $300?

edit: Tuning-wise, I am hoping that the FH5s can achieve a nice "w-shape" with a dip at 6 kHz, nice sub bass that balances with the mid bass, engaging vocals for female and male singers, and cymbals that sound natural. I want tonality and timbre over technicalities but will gladly enjoy technicalities as a bonus.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #990 of 2,767
I see your point. There are some other considerations though. FiiO recently had a poll about people's preferred driver type/combination. Hybrids were the winners by a significant margin. The $300 price point is very competitive. Pricing the FH5s at $250 puts it in another price/psychology bracket in which FiiO could possibly dominate the field (assuming the FH5s delivers) and is almost at an impulse buy price range for enthusiasts. FiiO could make their profits through volume of sales and through "stealing" sales from competitors in the $170 and modestly above price ranges. If you can get the FH5s for $250 why get Brand X IEM re-iteration at $190 or Brand Y's present IEM at $300?
I agree with your point. If it was released at least more than 6 months after FD5 was released, I would have genuinely believed that it may trade blow or even trump FD5. But it's barely 4 months, and the demand of FD5 is still very much there, as I can see from the rave reviews it is getting. I would say Fiio is targetting the sub-300 USD segment with this, and FD5 will still have its justified place above 300 USD.

I wish I could have held off for the FH5s though...just a few hours back I pulled the trigger on AAW A3H+, which cost around 180 USD in my country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back