FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #886 of 2,767
I recently got the FH3s, they are my first step on this hobby. I have to say i am very happy with the performance, I previously own the momentums/hd1 in ears (that are perfectly fine), but this iems felt like a legit upgrade, they are more balanced and detailed. Apart from the sound, there is a step up in build quality in the headphones and cable (a bit bulky), also having a detachable cable gives me peace of mind, because every iem that has failed me, failed because of the cable. Recommended!

PD: I want to make them wireless and was looking forward to buying a btr3k or a UTWS3. Any tips to help me decide?
IMG-0048.jpgIMG-0050.jpgIMG-0053.jpgIMG-0055.jpgIMG-0057.jpgIMG-0059.jpg
BTR3K for SQ
UTWS3 for convenience

Feb 8, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #887 of 2,767
I recently got the FH3s, they are my first step on this hobby. I have to say i am very happy with the performance, I previously own the momentums/hd1 in ears (that are perfectly fine), but this iems felt like a legit upgrade, they are more balanced and detailed. Apart from the sound, there is a step up in build quality in the headphones and cable (a bit bulky), also having a detachable cable gives me peace of mind, because every iem that has failed me, failed because of the cable. Recommended!

PD: I want to make them wireless and was looking forward to buying a btr3k or a UTWS3. Any tips to help me decide?

BTR5, you will not regret. tiny device worth the price, with great display and ton of power for larger headphones even single ended.

Feb 8, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #888 of 2,767

I really don't recommend a wireless adapter,
maybe it seem more convenient at the first day or two, but you will find the downside after,
also part of this hobby is changing the cable and eartips,
Stretch your budget a bit, BTR5,
it will satisfy you more in the long run,

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #889 of 2,767

If you still use the cable a lot to listen to music.I suggest you choose BTR3K or BTR5, because you don't need to change the line frequently.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 12, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #890 of 2,767
Pulled the trigger on getting the FH3, hoping it goes nicely with my M11.

a step up from my usual Kz/CCA fare what's in my collection and better than the Senn iems I got a few years back and did not get on with.

Feb 16, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #891 of 2,767
Long time listener, first time caller (so go easy on me guys!). I recently picked up the FH3s and am really enjoying them so far. I intended them as an intermediate step for me. I picked up the KZ ZSX and BLON BL03 last year as my first step in this hobby. I still enjoy both sets and intend on keeping them but they come with their own foibles with regards to fit and cables. I did a fair bit of reading and research on here and plumped for the FH3 over the Starfield and ER2XR which were the others on my shortlist.

While I would've loved to A/B with those other sets, I'm not disappointed in these one bit. They seem to take some of the aspects that I enjoyed in my other sets and improve upon them and give a more rounded performance overall. While I may have initially been looking at them as an intermediate step they've certainly quelled my upgradeitis for the medium term and I'm looking forward to having a play around with tips and accessories.

On that subject, like unknown master, I'm looking to take them wireless and am leaning towards the UTWS3. The BTR5 does look awesome but I would like the option of going completely wireless. I have no problem using a dongle for when I want to go wired. I don't see the point of a halfway house for my own needs.

IMG_2880.jpgIMG_2885.jpgIMG_2898.jpgIMG_2896.jpgIMG_2886.jpgIMG_2899.jpg

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #893 of 2,767
I got the FH3 today, upgraded from the Blon Bl03, but I still seem to like the Blons more..... I wonder why...

I am driving them from a Qudelix 5K (FH3 with stock cable, Blon BL03 with balanced cable and slightly EQed with more treble/highs). I've switched between both all day, and with the Blons I feel more 'immersiveness'. Is this what people refer to as the 'soundstage'? It feels much 'wider' on the Blons? Or is it just me? The seal is similar to the Blons (tried similar tips, as well as the black-red FH3 stock tips etc., they all seal well - can hear my footsteps when walking - so the seal doesn't seem to matter).

I really want to like the FH3 more because they are much more comfortable to wear.... and in theory they should sound much better too? (Particularly because of less/no bass bleeding into the mids, better bass?). Any insights would be much appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #894 of 2,767
I got the FH3 today, upgraded from the Blon Bl03, but I still seem to like the Blons more..... I wonder why...

I am driving them from a Qudelix 5K (FH3 with stock cable, Blon BL03 balanced cable). I've switched between both all day, and with the Blons I feel more 'immersiveness'. Is this what people refer to as the 'soundstage'? It feels much 'wider' on the Blons? Or is it just me? The seal is similar to the Blons (tried similar tips, as well as the black-red ones etc., they all seal well - can hear my footsteps when walking - that doesn't seem to matter).

I really want to like the FH3 because they fit much better.... and in theory they should sound much better too? (Particularly because of less/no bass bleeding into the mids, better bass?).
Personal preference is a thing you know. The blon might just suit you more than the fh3.

Although you should get a balanced cable on the fh3 to compare with the 03, otherwise the amp might be the reason you prefer the 03 over the fh3. (much more power on the balanced output on your 5k.)

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #895 of 2,767
Personal preference is a thing you know. The blon might just suit you more than the fh3.

Although you should get a balanced cable on the fh3 to compare with the 03, otherwise the amp might be the reason you prefer the 03 over the fh3. (much more power on the balanced output on your 5k.)
Yeah I know personal preference is a thing, but I want to be analytic about it and know why. I'll give it a shot with the balanced cable and see if that makes a difference.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #896 of 2,767
Yeah I know personal preference is a thing, but I want to be analytic about it and know why. I'll give it a shot with the balanced cable and see if that makes a difference.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Blon BL03, and I can understand why some prefer it to more analytical and perhaps more technically accurate IEMs. I still enjoy my Blon 03 and Cardinal well after the hype has died off, and happily listen to them from time to time!

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #897 of 2,767
After listening to the FH3 for a whole day, and going back to the Blons again, I think I now prefer the FH3. The FH3 has a cleaner sound and more subtle bass, hear a lot more details now - I think I got addicted to the (headphone shaking) bass boom that is in the Blons so strongly and felt very pleasant but that also appears everywhere and blurs the rest. Nevertheless also an amazing IEM for the price, given that you can buy 4 Blons for the price of 1 FH3. Still feels like the Blon has a larger stoundstage as well.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #898 of 2,767
After listening to the FH3 for a whole day, and going back to the Blons again, I think I now prefer the FH3. The FH3 has a cleaner sound and more subtle bass, hear a lot more details now - I think I got addicted to the (headphone shaking) bass boom that is in the Blons so strongly and felt very pleasant but that also appears everywhere and blurs the rest. Nevertheless also an amazing IEM for the price, given that you can buy 4 Blons for the price of 1 FH3. Still feels like the Blon has a larger stoundstage as well.
I spent last month only for FH3. Surely sounds very clean compare to BL-03. That crossover thing between drivers of FH3 and BA that capable to handle busy passages vs muddy BLON. Still the BLON in my rotation to Letmusicburn and Nevergiveup fight finicky fit :sweat_smile:

Currently I'm using SednaEarfit Short for FH3, it help the soundstage.

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #899 of 2,767
A few months back, I had an issue with my pair where the left side sounded less bassy than the right side and the overall bass not being that impressive. I always believed that stock tips weren't good compared to third party tips. I kept testing them because of the overwhelming positive reviews these recieved and I didn't want to give up on them. I have tried Comply, Dekoni, Spinfits, Final Audio E, and third party foam tips and none fixed the issue. Then I thought to myself, let me try the stock tips. I found the balanced tips to not only fix the bass imbalance but it also improved the overall sound including the bass compared to all the other tips I have tried. These iems are friggin amazing now! Wow! I was so joyful of this discovery. Can someone explain this to me?

Mar 10, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #900 of 2,767
A few months back, I had an issue with my pair where the left side sounded less bassy than the right side and the overall bass not being that impressive. I always believed that stock tips weren't good compared to third party tips. I kept testing them because of the overwhelming positive reviews these recieved and I didn't want to give up on them. I have tried Comply, Dekoni, Spinfits, Final Audio E, and third party foam tips and none fixed the issue. Then I thought to myself, let me try the stock tips. I found the balanced tips to not only fix the bass imbalance but it also improved the overall sound including the bass compared to all the other tips I have tried. These iems are friggin amazing now! Wow! I was so joyful of this discovery. Can someone explain this to me?
You probably didnt get a good seal with the other tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back