FiiO FX15. 1dd+1ba+4EST drivers
Jul 20, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #31 of 117
it's time for me to unbox and try FX15 :)
Living vicariously through you with this one. Waiting for your Youtube video

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #32 of 117
IMG_5342.jpeg

So, after the discussion here, I decided to try them briefly (initially I planned to unbox and try them on the weekend). I didn't burn them in, and listened about 10 tracks, so it's an early impressions.
Also, I haven't heard any of above-mentioned models with dual ES drivers, so I can't compare, so take it all with a grain of salt
As a treble fan I really like it, FX15 gives an interesting new experience: audible and noticeably present upper highs. That gives more saturation and richness to lots of instruments from percussions to organ. Wilson's tracks are often saturated with a nice, well-recorded percussion, and with FX15 it sounds more present, more realistic, but at the same time not over-accented. With Toccata and Fugue in D Minor record I've got more prominent decays after the cords, so the composition sounds more "connected"
I've tested ES112 for example, and they had the similar traits, but with less prominent effect of es drivers.

Despite of just 1 DD and 1 BA, they sound pretty balanced. Bass is tight, with a good body, mids are clean. Stage is superb, probably due to airness and richness of ES drivers.

Toggling ES off is a fun experience, as tonality doesn't change much, but at the same time, sound became much less sparkling and saturated. But I really doubt that someone will use them without ES

On the downside, if one is treble sensitive, it's better to try them before buying. They aren't sharp to me (except of poorly recorded tracks), but I'm treble-tolerant person (to a particular degree). And also, they are critical for the quality of records. Like really critical

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #34 of 117
can you compare sound FD7 vs FX15?
I don’t have either at the moment, mate :dt880smile: cleg might be able to help.

@cleg is it wrong that when I read your impression, my head voice uses your Ukrainian accent :dt880smile: Looking forward for your video. The description seems like the type of sound that I prefer.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #35 of 117
can you compare sound FD7 vs FX15?
Well, you know, it's kind of "it's better to experience that yourself" type of thing, as to me, word description doesn't give a proper understanding. But let me try.
First of all, I must admit that I'm a huge fan of FD7, it's one of my most beloved models, despite having much more expensive toys.
Bass is more prominent with FD7, they try to deliver more punch and force. FX15 also has a nice punch, but it's less "crushing". So, FD7 adds more "fun", but FX tries to be more "honest". Difference isn't huge, but neither it minor.
Mids are kind of classical BA vs DD. More micro-contrast on one side, more dynamics on the other side. Also FX builds a bigger stage for me, but it's more because of airy treble.
And the treble is the main difference, while both models are good there, FX does it differently: in a more refined way, with a more tiny nuances saturation, and more noticeable decays. I'd assume that FX were built to showcase the strong sides of that ES drives, and they succeed. FX is great for "audiophilia": great recorded stuff, with timbre rich instruments, live shows with a sense of room. FD7 is for more "fun" and drive. It's also better on poorly recorded stuff

P.S. it's still an early impressions, and of course they are subjective.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #38 of 117
Well, you know, it's kind of "it's better to experience that yourself" type of thing, as to me, word description doesn't give a proper understanding. But let me try.
First of all, I must admit that I'm a huge fan of FD7, it's one of my most beloved models, despite having much more expensive toys.
Bass is more prominent with FD7, they try to deliver more punch and force. FX15 also has a nice punch, but it's less "crushing". So, FD7 adds more "fun", but FX tries to be more "honest". Difference isn't huge, but neither it minor.
Mids are kind of classical BA vs DD. More micro-contrast on one side, more dynamics on the other side. Also FX builds a bigger stage for me, but it's more because of airy treble.
And the treble is the main difference, while both models are good there, FX does it differently: in a more refined way, with a more tiny nuances saturation, and more noticeable decays. I'd assume that FX were built to showcase the strong sides of that ES drives, and they succeed. FX is great for "audiophilia": great recorded stuff, with timbre rich instruments, live shows with a sense of room. FD7 is for more "fun" and drive. It's also better on poorly recorded stuff

P.S. it's still an early impressions, and of course they are subjective.
how changes details,separation,bass,mids,highs after 200hours burn of fd7?im got fd7 today,straight ot of the box i like sound without EQ,with green or black nozle and balanced black tips. tried spinfit tips and not hear sound difference. spin fit more comfortable ,not press ears.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #39 of 117
how changes details,separation,bass,mids,highs after 200hours burn of fd7?
I didn't burn them in for that much of time. Their sound settled after about 40 hours, so I stopped after about 60 hours of burn in. Treble get more clarity and definition, that lead to a bigger stage. It was a noticeable change, but it wasn't huge

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #40 of 117
I didn't burn them in for that much of time. Their sound settled after about 40 hours, so I stopped after about 60 hours of burn in. Treble get more clarity and definition, that lead to a bigger stage. It was a noticeable change, but it wasn't huge
i have noble mystique,like sound,but need EQ'ed them from V-shaped to more neutral curve. like sound,dynamics,highs and mids,also bass very too. does i need them burn too? how mystique compared by sound to fiio FD7 ?

Jul 20, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #41 of 117
does i need them burn too?
no, you don't need to burn-in tws

how mystique compared by sound to fiio FD7 ?
it's not a fair comparison because TWS are limited by bluetooth, and with a decent source FD7 will be much better

but anyway, I think it's an off-topic in this thread, so let's better not continue making that worse

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #42 of 117
no, you don't need to burn-in tws

it's not a fair comparison because TWS are limited by bluetooth, and with a decent source FD7 will be much better

but anyway, I think it's an off-topic in this thread, so let's better not continue making that worse
noble mystique and utws5 + fd7 both has aptx and even now utws5 has LDAC kodecs

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpeg
    IMG_9938.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9943.jpeg
    IMG_9943.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back