[FiiO FW5]HiFi True Wireless Armature Balanced Earbuds,96kHz/24bit Snapdragon Sound, LHDC support, Flagship TWS chip Qualcomm QCC5141 + independent AKM DAC/Amp AK4332
Dec 24, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #151 of 677
Volume does not control your phones volume nor does it on any FiiO device I own as they want you to set it to 100% on the device and then control at the end device like you ideally should for the best audio quality though as a TWS primary for a phone I would prefer the option in the App.

Dec 24, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #152 of 677
Volume does not control your phones volume nor does it on any FiiO device I own as they want you to set it to 100% on the device and then control at the end device like you ideally should for the best audio quality though as a TWS primary for a phone I would prefer the option in the App.

Really? Let me try again, I didn’t hear any change in volume when pressing the buttons with the dots on top.

The default volume is quite low. I have enough volume, but casual users would complain about “too quiet” for sure. It seems software needs some extra work.

Edit: going to the Fiio control app and max out the volume would give the usual amount of volume like other TWS. Still cannot control volume with the buttons on the buds

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #153 of 677
The button with the dot is the secondary (seems backwards to me) and the Volume should raise/lower but from the buds themselves after your set your phones Vol to 100% you will certainly hear it as at 100% (32) it is very loud.

EDIT: Seen your edit, I would factory reset them in the App and update App to 3.5 (not that it should affect this).

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #154 of 677
Really? Let me try again, I didn’t hear any change in volume when pressing the buttons with the dots on top.

The default volume is quite low. I have enough volume, but casual users would complain about “too quiet” for sure. It seems software needs some extra work.

Edit: going to the Fiio control app and max out the volume would give the usual amount of volume like other TWS. Still cannot control volume with the buttons on the buds
You are 100% correct. I reported this issue way ahead (12/2/2022). FW5 is full of bugs and still in alpha state. My recommendation is, don't buy from aliexpress, hifigo etc where you cannot return (easily), unless you have cargo load cash to burn.

Dec 25, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #156 of 677
You are 100% correct. I reported this issue way ahead (12/2/2022). FW5 is full of bugs and still in alpha state. My recommendation is, don't buy from aliexpress, hifigo etc where you cannot return (easily), unless you have cargo load cash to burn.
The sound via AptX-HD from my DAP is quite good. The IEMs themselves are quite competent with good resolution and soundstage. Hopefully Fiio can fix the volume issue soon. I mean it works just fine, sounds good, stable connection, low delay, but I‘m kind of bumped that the volume adjustment does not work.

Dec 25, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #158 of 677
Want to swap, mine are loud but I cannot walk out the room due to poor BT range?
I fixed the loudness already :beyersmile: Now I just want the volume control on the earbuds themselves, and I would be fine.

I strongly believe that either your unit is defective or your phone‘s BT has some problem. Mine has more stable connection than the BTR5 2019. I can go around my apartment freely. If it is not the phone, then you definitely need to check with Fiio to follow up.

Dec 25, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #159 of 677
I have already stated my phone is BT Class 1 and I have tried it on other 2-3 other devices inc a FiiO BTA30 PRO, only thing as bad as this is my FiiO NeckBand, any other earbuds going back to BT 4.1 get to my kitchen at least.

I can walk to the garden with any of my SoundPeats QC3040 based earbuds and many others.

Like most earbuds I will give it at least 1 FW update and if not happy with them I will get rid of them (I should have waited on Amazon stock for easy returns).

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #160 of 677
I fixed the loudness already :beyersmile: Now I just want the volume control on the earbuds themselves, and I would be fine.

I strongly believe that either your unit is defective or your phone‘s BT has some problem. Mine has more stable connection than the BTR5 2019. I can go around my apartment freely. If it is not the phone, then you definitely need to check with Fiio to follow up.
You are cirrect. But I suspect my brain have problem. I will find a doctor to check up my brain, next step is to check my finger ...

Dec 25, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #161 of 677
You are cirrect. But I suspect my brain have problem. I will find a doctor to check up my brain, next step is to check my finger ...
What do you mean? I meant @helmutcheese 's unit might be defective as the bluetooth is not as bad with my unit.

Dec 25, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #164 of 677
Dear friend,

We will report your feedback to the engineer for check. The HWA in FiiO Music app is not the same version as the LHDC supported by FW5.
As for the feature you mentioned, the engineers are assessing and trying to add for the FW5.

Best regards
Hello @FiiO ! LHDC is not working for me. Phone "One plus 9RT" The phone has LHDC, but the connection is only APTX Adaptive. Help solve this problem. The rest of the FW5 is very good.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #165 of 677
The sound via AptX-HD from my DAP is quite good. The IEMs themselves are quite competent with good resolution and soundstage. Hopefully Fiio can fix the volume issue soon. I mean it works just fine, sounds good, stable connection, low delay, but I‘m kind of bumped that the volume adjustment does not work.
As discussed before many times, aptX Adaptive falls back to aptX if no aptX Adaptive support on the other device, it does not have backwards support for aptX LL or aptX HD that was miswording or intentional BS by QUALCOMM pre-launch.

If so, you are listening in aptX (I do not know if your DAP support it or not) unless you are talking about aptX Adaptive High-Quality Mode & Low Latency Mode.

2022-12-26.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back