Fiio FT5
Nov 5, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #77 of 379
Nov 6, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #80 of 379
Mine arrived this morning. Not an expert, but on first listen these really do sing.

Much more comfortable ear pad size than the FT3 (which I had to return despite loving the sound). Not too heavy, and the cable is of a normal length this time.

I really don't know much about sound signature, but male vocals seem pushed forward, otherwise seems quite a neutral sound signature. I enjoyed without feeling I needed to mess with the EQ, although xbass ii on the ifi gryphon did increase bass enjoyment.

I listen to a lot of indie, and like a brighter sound. My first listen to Spoon (my go to testing new headphones).

Again, not much of an expert, but I normally judge headphones if I feel like I really want to keep listening after the first album, and I did with these.

Credit to Fiio on AliExpress for amazing service too.

Nov 6, 2023 at 4:54 AM Post #81 of 379
Mine arrived this morning. Not an expert, but on first listen these really do sing.

Much more comfortable ear pad size than the FT3 (which I had to return despite loving the sound). Not too heavy, and the cable is of a normal length this time.

I really don't know much about sound signature, but male vocals seem pushed forward, otherwise seems quite a neutral sound signature. I enjoyed without feeling I needed to mess with the EQ, although xbass ii on the ifi gryphon did increase bass enjoyment.

I listen to a lot of indie, and like a brighter sound. My first listen to Spoon (my go to testing new headphones).

Again, not much of an expert, but I normally judge headphones if I feel like I really want to keep listening after the first album, and I did with these.

Cheers for the first impressions!

Can you confirm the inner pad dimensions please and is the clamping force as light as the FT3?

Nov 6, 2023 at 5:13 AM Post #82 of 379
Cheers for the first impressions!

Can you confirm the inner pad dimensions please and is the clamping force as light as the FT3?
Pardon my work setup, the ear hole seems to be 6cm height by 5cm width.

The 'leather' pads are also not the pourus ones that came with the FT3.

Clamp seems to be about the same from the FT3.

Attachments

• IMG20231106100757.jpg
    IMG20231106100757.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG20231106100749~2.jpg
    IMG20231106100749~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 6, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #83 of 379

Thanks for the impressions......How does the sound compare to the FT3? And how is the Bass response from flat.....Can you get them to "slam" with a bit of EQ?

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #86 of 379
Pardon my work setup, the ear hole seems to be 6cm height by 5cm width.

The 'leather' pads are also not the pourus ones that came with the FT3.

Clamp seems to be about the same from the FT3.

Great stuff, thanks.

Will almost certainly grab myself a pair. Just to decide whether to wait for advancedmp3players to get them or also order from FiiO AliExpress.

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #87 of 379
Great stuff, thanks.

Will almost certainly grab myself a pair. Just to decide whether to wait for advancedmp3players to get them or also order from FiiO AliExpress.
If it helps, I'm in the UK, had no customs charges, and delivery well ahead of schedule. AMP3 are excellent also, and you won't to have to take the gamble with customs like I did.

Nov 6, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #89 of 379
If it helps, I'm in the UK, had no customs charges, and delivery well ahead of schedule. AMP3 are excellent also, and you won't to have to take the gamble with customs like I did.

Thanks, good to know. Yeah I'd already contacted FiiO about that and they said they'd do what could to minimise any chance of customs charges upon arrival.

Were they sent via. FedEx or DHL?

Seem to recall that AMP3 didn't get the FT3 for a good few weeks after they released in China so might just go the Ali route too, then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back