FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Mar 7, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #1,836 of 2,258
I have read CP145 are also worth trying but are a pain to get on.

Mar 7, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #1,837 of 2,258
Hi, now i am using sennheiser ie80 wich I like too much for the great soundstage and powerfull sound.
Do you think fh5 is a real upgrade in comparison to ie80?
Thanks and Sorry for my english.
I used yo listen metal music.
Great forum.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #1,840 of 2,258
Hey thread! Brand new owner of a pair of FH5. I have the 2.5B cable on order from aliexpress. Love the quality of the stock cable but I need a balanced plug for my DAP. Also, that shorter, metal L-angle plug is totally underappreciated for portable use. Not a huge fan of hybrids or BAs usually, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the FH1, so I decided to bit the bullet.

I saw a lot of reviewers pulling the screen off the nozzle, but with the Spiral Dot tips, I'm pretty happy with the frequency response with the screen as I'm breaking them in. I just need a bit more body to the bass and the treble to tame down a bit, but honestly, it's so close to ideal, I don't feel like pulling the screen off is for me, nor do I feel the need to use any EQ.

It seems isolating enough, but can anyone tell me how much leakage there is when in use?

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #1,841 of 2,258
Hey thread! Brand new owner of a pair of FH5. I have the 2.5B cable on order from aliexpress. Love the quality of the stock cable but I need a balanced plug for my DAP. Also, that shorter, metal L-angle plug is totally underappreciated for portable use. Not a huge fan of hybrids or BAs usually, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the FH1, so I decided to bit the bullet.

I saw a lot of reviewers pulling the screen off the nozzle, but with the Spiral Dot tips, I'm pretty happy with the frequency response with the screen as I'm breaking them in. I just need a bit more body to the bass and the treble to tame down a bit, but honestly, it's so close to ideal, I don't feel like pulling the screen off is for me, nor do I feel the need to use any EQ.

It seems isolating enough, but can anyone tell me how much leakage there is when in use?
Congrats and welcome to the FH5 Club! Hope you enjoy your stay. It’s a wonderful IEM - certainly the best I’ve ever owned. I also use Spiral Dots and the sound is phenomenal. I took the little screen off myself based on two prominent reviews. Not sure if it makes a difference, but even placebo is a difference in this hobby. If and when you get a good fit and seal, there are few IEMs I’ve heard with that deep, real sub-bass punch, linear bass and detailed highs. Mids are forward, but if that’s your thing it’s ideal.

Not sure about exact leakage amount but the other day a friend was listening to mine quite loud and I could just make out that music was playing. So less leakage than EarPods but probably more than deep fitting IEMs.

PS. Which dap do you use? The FH5 definitely benefits from a balanced cable and system. Opens them up nicely.

Mar 23, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,842 of 2,258
Not sure about exact leakage amount but the other day a friend was listening to mine quite loud and I could just make out that music was playing. So less leakage than EarPods but probably more than deep fitting IEMs.

PS. Which dap do you use? The FH5 definitely benefits from a balanced cable and system. Opens them up nicely.

Yeah, it’s a great IEM. I’m using the balanced cable that came with the FH1 since I don’t need it for that IEM. But I have to imagine that the balanced version of the FH5’s stock cable has to be an improvement. Maybe the SPC will smooth out that treble response. Part of the reason I’m pairing with my Shanling M5s is because of the EQ-free tuning and the improved isolation compared to the Final E4000. Important if I want to use my DAP without disturbing others.

To that point, the pairing between the M5s and the FH5 is pretty fantastic. When switching from a more liquid IEM to a slightly drier hybrid like the FH5, I switched to a smoother filter. That very subtly tweaked the pairing for the better. Maybe I’ll switch it again once the headphones are done breaking in. I was a fan of the AK4490 chip until I started craving a more involving sound (hence my love of resistor DACs). The 4493 is a solid upgrade to the 4490 in terms of dynamics, bass performance, and a smoother overall tone. I can see why FiiO chose to use it for the Q5s.

Tbh, if I could afford to upgrade my Bluetooth IEMs to the FH5, I would. But I think they would be a waste to use the FH5 with a bt cable anyways.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #1,844 of 2,258
Wondering when the FH7 will be launching soon :)
Dear friend,

Thank you for the kind interest on our products. It may be released in June.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 28, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #1,845 of 2,258
I love FH5's sound very much. Using for six months. I try all ear tips that come with FH5 including spiral dot and spinfit. There is none that fit with my ears. It always pop out. I think it because of short nozzle.
It very annoy me, so I give up with FH5 and will find new iems. I love its sound but enough is enough

c584a5de8c584e0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back