FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Sep 25, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,011 of 2,258
Hello
I'm not a super expert, I bought the FH5 reading your opinions and I'm very satisfied.
I come from the Brainwwavz B2 that I used for a few years; I must say that in the end they were too analytical and lacked bass. LeFH5 is a good compromise, even you would have liked a better bass, that of an involving arpeggio especially for my listening to music by songwriters.
They have an incredible wearability on my ears, and I can even use them on a pillow without problems. The cable is a welcome plus, because it is very comfortable and of good quality.
Also comfortable to be able to use them with the bluetooth module I already had
I will try some better quality cables, and I ask you some advice in the hope of having improvements just for listening to acoustic music and live concerts
I attach some small photos

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #1,012 of 2,258
After about a month and a half of ownership, still very happy with these. I'm listening with the vocal tips at the moment and really liking the sound, clear, but still with good bass. I found the bass tips were a bit much with some songs. I have also used spiral dots, but so far vocals are my preferred tips. Anyone have any recommendations for other tips to try?

Sep 27, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #1,013 of 2,258
After about a month and a half of ownership, still very happy with these. I'm listening with the vocal tips at the moment and really liking the sound, clear, but still with good bass. I found the bass tips were a bit much with some songs. I have also used spiral dots, but so far vocals are my preferred tips. Anyone have any recommendations for other tips to try?
Well if you like the way vocal tips sound, you might want to try Acoustune AET07 tips. Quite comfortable with a nice treble respone and exellent clarity.

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,015 of 2,258
Is there any difference in treble between vocal tips and balance tip in your opinion?

Sep 27, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #1,016 of 2,258
Is there any difference in treble between vocal tips and balance tip in your opinion?
I haven't done too much listening with the balance tips, so don't have enough experience with them to provide you with accurate feedback. However, as you would expect there is a noticeable difference between the bass tips and the vocal tips. The treble with the vocal tips is still quite smooth.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #1,019 of 2,258
Hello there guys, last Thursday my LC 2.5B arrived and the difference with the Q5 is substancial.

I was wondering if anyone already tried the LC 2.5C or LC 4.4C and compared them. I cant find info anywhere.

Yep - different volume between SE and balanced will do that. If you measure the frequency response though (with the FH5) there actually isn't any difference after volume matching. It would be interesting to see how you'd test in a completely volume matched blind test. FTR I have a number of FiiO's SE and Balanced cables. Balanced is great if you need more power (really helps with my HD800S and the Q5 / X7ii). Benefits disappear with IEMs (after volume matching). FH5 doesn't have enough impedance variation for the difference in OI between Bal and SE on the Q5 to make an audible difference.

Haven't tried the 2.5C or 4.4C - but they are supposed to be more flexible. There won't be a sound diff in the cables - but if you use the AM3B with 4.4C it'll be warmer (but thats the amp, not the cable)

Sep 30, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #1,020 of 2,258
Hello there guys, last Thursday my LC 2.5B arrived and the difference with the Q5 is substancial.

I was wondering if anyone already tried the LC 2.5C or LC 4.4C and compared them. I cant find info anywhere.
I just tried the LC 2.5C with the FH5 connected to a Hiby R6. I am not a technical guys so all these measurements and OI etc mostly go over my head. Though I do try to understand.

Coming to the sound with the LC 2.5C balanced, to me at least it made the sound stage cleaner and defined the instruments better on top of a total quiet background. I also tried it with an adaptor to a SE 3.5. In this confiduration, again to me it sounded no different to the stock cable which I believe is the LC 3.5B single end just more quiet background. The LC 2.5B which I had tried briefly sounded also very close to the stock single ended though a with a much more quiet background.

I do not have any equipment with 3.5mm balance

And yes the LC 2.5C is much more flexible than the stock cable.

Likely I will buy a set of the LC2.5C with an adaptor to play with my other equipment that only has 3.5mm SE outputs.

Just my 2 cents and my opinion. Many with betters ears than mine will no doubt have other inputs. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back