FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jul 2, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #196 of 2,258
I'm in Japan and you said your Japanese distributor has some. I checked a few sites. Where can I order them from?

The FH5 still stay in the Custom, and our distributor told me that it will be released on 13th.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 2, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #199 of 2,258
Could you do a comparison graph with FH1 and F9 Pro?

Yep

fh5 vs fh1 vs f9pro.png

Still not happy with the measurement on the FH5 - heading away tomorrow (biz) so no chance to check the rig. Will do it when back in the weekend.

Jul 2, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #200 of 2,258
Could it be that the eartips may have changed the freq response? Seal and all the material stuff?

Could be - but would still expect a more natural shape in that bass (like the first measurement). I hope taking the filter off didn't do anything ...... When I get back I'll remeasure some other IEMs - they'll soon tell me if the rig is out of whack. I've got IEMs here which still measure virtually identical to when I first measured a couple of years ago.

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #203 of 2,258
@hawaiibadboy Would you say that the FH5 is a mix of the FH1 and F9 pro's? Where does it fit with regards to these two ?

I think it has less bass relative to mids than FH1 but is a bigger dynamic sound. Male vocals were right in my face with mesh on ( to my ears using Jim Croce "Operator" and Neil Young "Heart of Gold") and are not now and bass is a bit up. The F9 pro were not a set I could relax with. 3 songs in a row max before it became too much so the treble was not a good fit for me. The FH5 seems to have a better treb for extended listening. The build quality is fantastic. Bang for buck is clear so it is a very easy rec.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #204 of 2,258
Yep

Still not happy with the measurement on the FH5 - heading away tomorrow (biz) so no chance to check the rig. Will do it when back in the weekend.

Thanks Brooko, Ah. The FH1 looks better on the graph. Looking fwd to the new test.

I think it has less bass relative to mids than FH1 but is a bigger dynamic sound. Male vocals were right in my face with mesh on ( to my ears using Jim Croce "Operator" and Neil Young "Heart of Gold") and are not now and bass is a bit up. The F9 pro were not a set I could relax with. 3 songs in a row max before it became too much so the treble was not a good fit for me. The FH5 seems to have a better treb for extended listening. The build quality is fantastic. Bang for buck is clear so it is a very easy rec.

I've ordered mine . Should be with me by next week.
Sounds like what I'm after
Are you going to do one more review of the FH5? Looking fwd to the Empire one.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #207 of 2,258
Thanks Brooko, Ah. The FH1 looks better on the graph. Looking fwd to the new test.

I've ordered mine . Should be with me by next week.
Sounds like what I'm after
Are you going to do one more review of the FH5? Looking fwd to the Empire one.

Yup got both coming up. FH5 will have all the music I used to give my 2 cents.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #209 of 2,258
Here’s an “adapter” I think Marco Angel and I would like to see, as I believe we’re both looking at on-the-go Bluetooth clip module form factor (FiiO BTRx) solutions. ALL cables that I’ve seen have major deficits for that use case. Too long, too heavy, too grippy, no chin slider, minimal or non-existent strain relief.

Requirements:
MMCX - TRS 3.5 mm
Length: ~40 mm
Chin slider (me), ear hooks (Marco). Certainly, we could accommodate both.
Graduated strain relief (ok, I’m a broken record on that topic, but I have failed cable PTSD dating back to the 1980s).
Price: I’d pay $30 USD for a robust solution. There’s a TON of margin at that price point.
Bonus points: 2.5mm balanced version.
It does function at least for me as i want a portable rig without cables. and im willing to sacrifice the total cable free with this fiio BTRx solution.
as you said, the cable must have a chin slider (sturdy like on the FH5 cable) a option of a slim ear-hook (could work a detachable one to work with other MMCXs in-ears)
Also the super-duty 3.5mm connector on the FH5 cable is a must.
Even 40 USD would be a great choice coming from FIIO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back