FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jan 17, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,685 of 2,258
fiio should have followed the advice given by mhoopes and in newer fh5 provided more optional ear tips and spacers to fit a wider group of people.

Changing the design, if done, will cause confusion and doubt about the existing design. For people like myself with 'small' ears the fh5 works well.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,688 of 2,258
I choose the spinfit cp155 medium ear tip; it had the longest length and best shape for my ears of the many different ear tips I tried. Check their link for width and depth of their different models.

https://spinfiteartip.com/en/product-list
I tried the CP155 (L), as well. They seemed to have the potential to work for me, but unfortunately they weren't quite wide enough to get a reliable seal. The L Bass tips included with the FH5, with 1.5 mm square section o-rings, add up to approx. 9.5 mm length, 14 mm width. Perhaps the Cp155's more sharply-tapering shape (more "bullet-like") and the way they compress is also a factor. So close!

SpinFit_CP155_L.jpg

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,690 of 2,258
mhoopes

It is the bullet shape that worked for me.

For those who might feel they are on the edge of fitting the fh5, they might consider the fa7 which fitted me more easily.
The FA7 would be a good choice, except it sounds very different to the FH5. Not exactly a like-for-like.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #1,692 of 2,258
I would agree but if the fh5 does not fit it would be a poor choice.
Agreed. If the FH5 doesn’t fit and the FA7 sound isn’t for you, there’s are a few other options out there. Luckily for me the FH5 fits well with at least 3 different tips, and I love the sound. FA7 fits well too, and it’s easier to switch tips, but the sound just wasn’t my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back