FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #721 of 2,767
Mind if I ask more..? ^ ^ Would you say FH3 beats H40 in every way, except tonality? What about soundstage size, shape, and treble smoothness/oversmoothing/harshness?
Sadly it has been a while since I last A/B both, I will give you my impression later if I have a chance at the store again.

Nov 16, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #722 of 2,767
ok, I bought another FH3,
after my first unit imbalance issue,
I hope this one could last longer than a couple months,
my playlist are mostly metal and this suits me so well.

Much love from Indonesia, ♥♥♥♥♥
P_20201116_120131.jpg

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #723 of 2,767
ok, I bought another FH3,
after my first unit imbalance issue,
I hope this one could last longer than a couple months,
my playlist are mostly metal and this suits me so well.

Much love from Indonesia, ♥♥♥♥♥P_20201116_120131.jpg
Dear friend,

Glad to hear about that. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 19, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #724 of 2,767
My Fh3 arrived yesterday. Im really happy with them, the sound signature is really good and they are very well ballanced. I switched to the black and red silicone tips because they pack a bit more of punch to the bass in my opinion, but im sure there is better options in the market. Can anyone recommend eartips for the Fh3? Thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #725 of 2,767
My Fh3 arrived yesterday. Im really happy with them, the sound signature is really good and they are very well ballanced. I switched to the black and red silicone tips because they pack a bit more of punch to the bass in my opinion, but im sure there is better options in the market. Can anyone recommend eartips for the Fh3? Thanks in advance.
you will have to try a lot,
there is no best tips,
wide bore tips works really well with FH3,

my recommendation are:
- Azla Sedna light short or normal
- Azla Xelastec, make sure to go a size smaller
- Final Audio E
- Ortofon, most comfortable, you could sleep with it,

Nov 19, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #727 of 2,767
I also will add Jvc spiral dots to the list above. And also would recommend tips with wide bore as these really fits fh3 tuning. These are some of my favorites and with azla short (a little bit more analytical ) really upgrades fh3 even to higher level sounding.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #729 of 2,767
(a little bit more analytical )
I find the FH3 to have a bit of a sharp/harsh edge at the top end, so personally I would suggest a tip that softens the treble(JVC?). I got Xelastics, but haven't tried them yet on anything.

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #730 of 2,767
I find the FH3 to have a bit of a sharp/harsh edge at the top end, so personally I would suggest a tip that softens the treble(JVC?). I got Xelastics, but haven't tried them yet on anything.
Well don't have xelastics but usual azla sedna short, and with them fh3 has more analytical tendency to sound but not with more pronounced treble, but with more linearity, less subbass extension ( what fh3 has really enough in my mind) and with more control in all frequencies than other tips i have. This makes them less fun sounding but perhaps more truth to source so i call it more audiophilic tips. But with bright source and silver cable fh3 with these tips could sound too much in this side. With jvc they sounds more fun but it is good or bad depends what you want to get from fh3. I like both tips. Jvc use for more fun pop type of music, also metal as it makes bass guitars sound really good with punch and speed and azla for more serious genres like classic listening. Both of these tips better than standart and none of these makes treble "too much". But this ofcorse with my main sources - Ibasso dx160 and btr5. Soon will get topping d50s+a50s desktop stack so will see how it will match with fh3.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #731 of 2,767
Hey guys,

I ordered a pair of FH3 and gonna compare them to my H40 and Penon Orb.
Just one question, I'm listening to music through my iPhone or MacBook and the H40 and the Orbs are sounding very good in this combination.

Are the FH3 also good just running them through an iPhone or a MacBook? Read elsewhere that they sound boring through devices like this.

Nov 21, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #732 of 2,767
Hey guys,

I ordered a pair of FH3 and gonna compare them to my H40 and Penon Orb.
Just one question, I'm listening to music through my iPhone or MacBook and the H40 and the Orbs are sounding very good in this combination.

Are the FH3 also good just running them through an iPhone or a MacBook? Read elsewhere that they sound boring through devices like this.
They sound good with a phone, at least on my Xiaomi MI 10 lite, but they sound way better when I plug them to the Btr5 or my sound blaster xg6.

Nov 21, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #734 of 2,767
They sound good with a phone, at least on my Xiaomi MI 10 lite, but they sound way better when I plug them to the Btr5 or my sound blaster xg6.
Little bit off topic here but do I really need a DAC when my source is to 80% a MacBook? It's driving my IEMs very good (just listening on level 1 to 3 of 16).

Maybe for my iPhone I'm considering to buy one of those small Headphone Amp dongles.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #735 of 2,767
Little bit off topic here but do I really need a DAC when my source is to 80% a MacBook? It's driving my IEMs very good (just listening on level 1 to 3 of 16).

Maybe for my iPhone I'm considering to buy one of those small Headphone Amp dongles.
You need a better amp not a better dac. You wont hear any differences with a more expensive dac.

And it isnt about volume either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back