FiiO FH1s-Knowles 33518 Balanced Armature,Balanced pressure relief technology,Friendly HiFi tuning for popular music
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #31 of 62
I just received my purple FH1s. Quick initial impressions, taking price into account:
  1. The purple is very attractive.
  2. The hard case is quite nice, but it is not practical for carrying in a briefcase. The case would be fine for a backpack.
  3. Fairly balanced with no hot spots; “cohesive, comfortably mature”
  4. Vocals are refined, natural, and forward.
  5. Easy to drive from an idevice
  6. The cable feels robust and has a good “ feel”.
  7. Comfort for the FH1s is below average. The nozzles irritate my ears. I will try some tip rolling to see if this can be improved. The iem’s body does not fit the contours of my outer ear well.
  8. Isolation is above average.
  9. Soundstage is very good for depth and good for width.
  10. Overall, a great value iem with an addicting tuning but may have some fit issues.
Within a few weeks I will update this list after I have had more time with the FH1s. I will also compare it to some other similar-priced iems that I own.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #32 of 62
I have the black FH1s for almost a month now. My impressions so far:
1) Vocals are sharp and crisp with excellent bass extension
2) Very important that you use the right tips. I played around with the different tips provided including Spitfit(CP100) and concluded foam tips are the best for it.
3) Comfort is very good for me. (I use comply foams-isolation TSX-500 series tho)
4) Easy to drive on my S9 but volume at 80-100%. Better with an amp imo (fuller sound)
5) I pair them with ifi Zen dac, prefer it with bass boost on as it adds warmth and punchy bass (extra sub bass) which I REALLY enjoy.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #33 of 62
Will these be available on Amazon UK. ? Can't see any, or the price.

Mar 21, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #34 of 62
Will these be available on Amazon UK. ? Can't see any, or the price.
Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our FH1s. It will be available at about next month. And you could contact the seller AV shop in UK about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 24, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #35 of 62
7-Blurry.jpg
FiiO FH1s and Jade Audio EA3 text review​

English: https://porta.fi/2-in-1-jade-audio-ea3-and-fiio-fh1s-headphone-review/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/dva-v-odnom-obzor-naushnikov-jade-audio-ea3-i-fiio-fh1s/

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #36 of 62
How do they compare to the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Final Audio E3000? I would imagine they should sound much better but since they kinda belong to the same price bracket I was wondering how was the sound quality among the three. Many thanks.

Apr 14, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #37 of 62
How do they compare to the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Final Audio E3000? I would imagine they should sound much better but since they kinda belong to the same price bracket I was wondering how was the sound quality among the three. Many thanks.

My pair of Tenores died years ago. I cannot comment on that. No, the FH1s does not sound better than the Final Audio E3000, or E2000 for that matter. (I need to get an E1000 as it is quite neutral tuned). The Final models have better soundstage, width and depth. The Final models are more coherent when you directly A/B compare to the FH1s. You can hear the crossover from DD to BA with the FH1s, but only if you are purposely looking for it. The crossover is normally quite unobtrusive. The E3000 is warmer than the FH1s. The E2000 is brighter than the FH1s. The FH1s is a bit warmer than neutral and probably more neutral than the Final models. The Final models have better vocals and musical texture. That said, the FH1s is awesome. I highly, highly recommend it. It is a fantastic all-rounder. You will not go "wrong" with any of the three IEMs. I recommend you buy at least two of the three, so you have complementary tunings.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #38 of 62
My pair of Tenores died years ago. I cannot comment on that. No, the FH1s does not sound better than the Final Audio E3000, or E2000 for that matter. (I need to get an E1000 as it is quite neutral tuned). The Final models have better soundstage, width and depth. The Final models are more coherent when you directly A/B compare to the FH1s. You can hear the crossover from DD to BA with the FH1s, but only if you are purposely looking for it. The crossover is normally quite unobtrusive. The E3000 is warmer than the FH1s. The E2000 is brighter than the FH1s. The FH1s is a bit warmer than neutral and probably more neutral than the Final models. The Final models have better vocals and musical texture. That said, the FH1s is awesome. I highly, highly recommend it. It is a fantastic all-rounder. You will not go "wrong" with any of the three IEMs. I recommend you buy at least two of the three, so you have complementary tunings.
Thanks for your input. I am personally leaning towards E3000 at the moment as after doing some research and reading the reviews concluded they are probably best sounding phones under $100. I thought that FH1s could be better as apparently they are very competitively priced. As it turns out that's not necessarily the case and I actually like the fact that E-series offer better soundstage. Initially I couldn't decide if I preferred E2000 over E3000 (still a little bit in two minds about it to be honest) as I was worried that the latter may sound a bit too bassy but from what I've read that's should not be a problem. Generally I like neutral sounding phones but don't like when they are leaning towards brighter side hence the decision to try E3000 first. Hope they won't sound too warm for my liking.

Can anyone recommend anything else in sub $100 segment (or around) that could offer better sound quality? Cheers.

Apr 14, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #39 of 62
Thanks for your input. I am personally leaning towards E3000 at the moment as after doing some research and reading the reviews concluded they are probably best sounding phones under $100. I thought that FH1s could be better as apparently they are very competitively priced. As it turns out that's not necessarily the case and I actually like the fact that E-series offer better soundstage. Initially I couldn't decide if I preferred E2000 over E3000 (still a little bit in two minds about it to be honest) as I was worried that the latter may sound a bit too bassy but from what I've read that's should not be a problem. Generally I like neutral sounding phones but don't like when they are leaning towards brighter side hence the decision to try E3000 first. Hope they won't sound too warm for my liking.

Can anyone recommend anything else in sub $100 segment (or around) that could offer better sound quality? Cheers.

Hopefully someone else can give comparisons for you so you can compare and contrast opinions.

Keep in mind the E3000 is warm. If you are looking for more a bit more neutral frequency response then the FH1s (or E1000) might be a better match for you. One other consideration is that the FH1s’ barrel feels like it has a bit larger diameter than either of the Final models. This is a mild fit issue for me, but may not for you.
Here is another consideration:
http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/re400-re600s.html

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #40 of 62
Hopefully someone else can give comparisons for you so you can compare and contrast opinions.

Keep in mind the E3000 is warm. If you are looking for more a bit more neutral frequency response then the FH1s (or E1000) might be a better match for you. One other consideration is that the FH1s’ barrel feels like it has a bit larger diameter than either of the Final models. This is a mild fit issue for me, but may not for you.
Here is another consideration:
http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/re400-re600s.html
Yeah, I've heard that that E3000 is warm but also that not overwhelmingly so. :) That's why I thought they would suit me OK. It's hard to judge just by reading the reviews without actually listening as everyone has slightly different preferences. Put it that way, I don't mind when phones lean ever so slightly towards the warm side with a slightly deeper but nicely controlled lows.

That looks like a nice bargain. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I don't know much about Hifiman's IEMs. From the pure value perspective they look sweet but I have no idea how they compare. Would RE600S be a significant step up in terms of sound quality?

Apr 14, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #41 of 62
The RE600s is probably my favorite tuning for an IEM. Being fairly neutral with just enough upper mid, lower treble lift to render excellent instrument separation. It is my go-to IEM. The RE600s is more detailed and refined than the FH1s and the two Final models. The first version of the RE600s had cable failure issues, I have the second version. I have had my unit for just short of one year. With moderate use and always using a case, I have had no issues.

I am not a fan of the RE400. The E3000, E2000, and FH1s are much better than the RE400 in many ways.

You get two IEMs for $99, assuming you live in the USA. I hope that helps.

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #42 of 62
The RE600s is probably my favorite tuning for an IEM. Being fairly neutral with just enough upper mid, lower treble lift to render excellent instrument separation. It is my go-to IEM. The RE600s is more detailed and refined than the FH1s and the two Final models. The first version of the RE600s had cable failure issues, I have the second version. I have had my unit for just short of one year. With moderate use and always using a case, I have had no issues.

I am not a fan of the RE400. The E3000, E2000, and FH1s are much better than the RE400 in many ways.

You get two IEMs for $99, assuming you live in the USA. I hope that helps.
Thanks for your impressions.

Unfortunately I am in UK which means additional $22 shipping and potentially another $35 import duties etc.

Apr 15, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #43 of 62
You are welcome.

Ouch! :triportsad: About your taxes and shipping costs.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #45 of 62
I purchased FH1S after owning F9 SE for almost 3 years and it's an upgrade in any way imaginable.

FH1S needs a bit more volume to be as loud as F9 but can be driven with BTR1K without issues and gets very loud at 80%. I also tried it with E10K and Q1 mk2 (bass boost on) and they really shine with those small amps.
I wished for more sub bass with F9 on techno tracks, for less shouty highs in black/death metal and for more forward vocals in heavy, power and pop music. I wanted wider soundstage for live recordings and better instrument separation since most underground stuff I listen to gets blended together.
I got all that.

I EQed them with +5db @ 30Hz and +3db @60Hz on my phone to get a similar sound to Q1 mk2/E10K with bass boost and I really enjoy it.

F9 was dancing around my ear and it took some time for me to figure out how to position it, but the FH1S just fits in like a glove. The cable dose not tangle and feels fine, the red tips fit me the best so I use those.

Overall highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back