FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
Aug 3, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #406 of 462
I have received these little gems few days ago and I can't understand why there is so little love for them on head-fi.
They are brilliant, basshead delight, but also quite balanced with very little help of EQ.
Why some people don't like these is because it doesn't have the detail, clarity and separation and good highs compared to other iems which are similar price. The main reason I don't like these is due to the really soft highs, which eventually put me off aswell, as it began to sound a bit dark for my personal tastes and the very dodgy mmcx connection. If you spend £15 more, you can get the ninetails which sounds amazing according to some facts and breathtaking reviews. The reason their soo hyped now is because of the tuning customisation, apparently you can change the sound in 9 different ways whilst keeping the excellent technical qualities. Mine is on its way from Ali express!

Aug 5, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #407 of 462
@docentore I couldn't agree more, for their price they are a steal. I don't find the bass overwhelming and love the midrange. I alternate between the FH1 and Empire Ears Bravado and find their treble very similar in clarity and detail. Bravados separation, stage, impact and bass definition do put it in a different league though. For the price with some tip rolling and balanced out of Sony ZX300 they are quite satisfying.

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #409 of 462
Has anyone tried the new SpinFit CP155? They have a 5.5mm nozzle ID and SpinFit recommends them for nozzles between 6mm and 7mm. My new FH1 have a nozzle diameter at the tip of 6.04mm. I'm currently using the CP100L. The CP155 have a slightly different dome shape, being longer and less rounded. I'm thinking of ordering them in M & L.

I just received the Spinfit CP155 and put them on my FH1's, and they're too large, actually. They have to extend beyond the stem to get a secure fit, and although it doesn't mess with the sound quality, I don't think it's the right fit, feels janky. The CP100 creates a much better seal in my ears, too, despite being slightly smaller. The CP145 seems like it'll probably be the sweet spot for the FH1's. I also received the CP240 double flange and these are a great fit. Slightly tighter bass (not quite as thumpy/boomy as with the CP100, slightly improved seal, and just slightly more noticeable while it's in my ear than the CP100's. Pretty happy with them.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #410 of 462
The nozzle was broken off..can't i get warranty claim from fiio,purchased 22 feb'18

Attachments

• IMG-20180813-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20180813-WA0001.jpeg
    782.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 21, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #412 of 462
The nozzle was broken off..can't i get warranty claim from fiio,purchased 22 feb'18
Dear friend,

Please send email to support@fiio.net with the picture of your FH1 unit and the invoice.

Thanks in advanced!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 16, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #413 of 462
How do these compare to the f5s and even the im70s? Ive been having issues with my trusty im70s and am hoping the replacement cable I've ordered remedies them. And if not I'd like to replace or even upgrade them with something similar. Im torn between the f5 and fh1 if I can't save them, I also can't seem to find any details comparing the 3 either. I'm ultimately looking for the iem equivalent of the ath a900x cans. If anyone can chime in thatd be much appreciated.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #414 of 462
How do these compare to the f5s and even the im70s? Ive been having issues with my trusty im70s and am hoping the replacement cable I've ordered remedies them. And if not I'd like to replace or even upgrade them with something similar. Im torn between the f5 and fh1 if I can't save them, I also can't seem to find any details comparing the 3 either. I'm ultimately looking for the iem equivalent of the ath a900x cans. If anyone can chime in thatd be much appreciated.
https://www.headphone-earphone.reviews/2018/07/23/fiio-fh5-hybrid-iem-review/

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #417 of 462
I do have the FH1 and love them. For $74 they are a good buy. And I have know idea what the F5 is. Fiio should mix it up a bit with their product names!

They are the successor to the ex1 2nd gen apparently. I agree I've had to double or triple check model names at times lol. Have you ever listened to the ath im70s by chance?

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #420 of 462
Picked up a pair of the FH1 to match with the BTX1 bluetooth cable. Not gonna lie, this is a very good match. The rolled off treble on the FH1 works because bluetooth compression does the most damage to the higher frequencies. And the rest of the response from the mids on down to sub-bass is solid. They're not as efficient as the IT01 so I have to turn up the volume on the BTX1 to around 60-75% withthe FH1, but the pairing with the IT01 is not particularly euphonic.

For $75, I'm impressed with what FiiO managed to pull off here. The cables and case they give you are nice too. Very much a value for a beginner audiophile.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back