FiiO FH1-1 Dynamic + 1 Balanced Armature dual drivers Hi-Res Audio certified
May 8, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #376 of 462
Yes, I inserted a connector hardly and fully in IEM. Left ear iem didnt have visible mmcx metal part and inserted by 2 times hardly then right iem with problem. If I connect them on the contrary nothing will change.

May 8, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #377 of 462
Just got mine: loved the sound at first until I realized both sides cut out with certain cable movements. I bought the MEE bluetooth cable that i’m considering trying out instead of the balanced cable or may switch out for the 3.5 fiio cable. will update with my results!

May 9, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #378 of 462
Yes, I inserted a connector hardly and fully in IEM. Left ear iem didnt have visible mmcx metal part and inserted by 2 times hardly then right iem with problem. If I connect them on the contrary nothing will change.
Generally when too much force is needed it means you're doing it wrong. Stop, breathe, think, properly align, try again. I don't know if it is the same with all MMCX connectors, as I'm using it for the first time, but it seems a bit tricky to connect. My right earpiece also connected a bit harder but I didn't force it.

May 9, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #379 of 462
I have bought a new sealed pair from Ali from seller and 3 days ago I recieved it.
It's a good sounded IEM for the price 80$. Warm signature is very suitable for rock. I use it with my new bassy signature FIIO X5-3. And I love this pair very much. Good job in sound FIIO!

But as the other people I have the same problem with pooooor mmcx connectors. Why so bad quality!? Right.... out of the box the right channel iem have very bad connection with both two stock cabels.
New iems! And what beeing after a couple of month of every day usage? Very good sounding, but very poor quality of mmcx connectors on stock cables! I cant use it well with my new fiio x5-3. When I turned my head with this iems the sound in right channel dissaperes every time. New 80 bucks iems!!! Why!! I have a lot of other chinees mmcx iems for 20 bucks **** pro and yersen fen-2000 with mmcx connectors 2 times better and solid... Maybe I need a replacement now or other cabels... I dont know... But #Fiio come on!!! Do something New revision like f9 pro or something other.
Here is demonstration. Help me... if you can.

Dear friend,

You may try the method in this video to see if it helps:

If not, please try to contact the seller for help. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 10, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #381 of 462
Ok. I tried it. But Nothing changed. Will send iem back to seller and get a new pair.
Dear friend,

Ok, please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience to you. Hope the issue could be solved as soon as possible.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 19, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #382 of 462
Has anybody got these and ibasso it01 that can compare both?

May 21, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #386 of 462
I am too sensitive to the 7khz spot, I sold it to a friend who loves this tipe of signature. Being a lover of the b150, is the pinnacle p1 a good upgrade to it?
IMHO, the P1s would be a significant upgrade to the b150s (they're also a lot more expensive). I've only listened to the Brainwavs once, but I think I remember them being a nice (if not particularly remarkable) IEM. The P1s are amazing, but you may have to experiment with different tips to find one that works for you. I'm partial to the Spiral Dots, they help the bass of the P1s and cut back on some of the brightness (or maybe that was the burn-in, who knows?). One of the comments I've seen several times on the b150s is "comfortable" -- the P1s will not disappoint in that area, I can sleep with them in very easily, until I remember that I have $200 stuck in my ears and I switch to the FH1s. But the sound is where they excel, and I think they'd handily beat your reference point.

Did you try different tips with the FH1s? I am generally sensitive to highs, and I've never had a problem after switching tips and letting them burn in a bit.

May 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #389 of 462
IMHO, the P1s would be a significant upgrade to the b150s (they're also a lot more expensive). I've only listened to the Brainwavs once, but I think I remember them being a nice (if not particularly remarkable) IEM. The P1s are amazing, but you may have to experiment with different tips to find one that works for you. I'm partial to the Spiral Dots, they help the bass of the P1s and cut back on some of the brightness (or maybe that was the burn-in, who knows?). One of the comments I've seen several times on the b150s is "comfortable" -- the P1s will not disappoint in that area, I can sleep with them in very easily, until I remember that I have $200 stuck in my ears and I switch to the FH1s. But the sound is where they excel, and I think they'd handily beat your reference point.

Did you try different tips with the FH1s? I am generally sensitive to highs, and I've never had a problem after switching tips and letting them burn in a bit.

Yes, I did roll a lot of tips, and while the foam tipe tamed out the spike i hate, let the bass overwhelm other frequencies. Let me tell a little about my experience, I had a lot of in ears:
Shure E2c 3/5
Sony Mdr-ep50 2/5
Sony Mdr-ex700 2,5/5
Sennheiser cx300 II 2/5
Sennheiser Ie7 4,5/5
Sennheiser Ie8 3,5/5
Yamaha Eph100 4/5
Apple Earpods 2,5/5
Sennheiser cx3.00 2,5/5
Sony Mdr-ex650ap 3/5
Shure se425 4,5
Sony Xba-c10 2,5/5
Hifiman Re-400 4/5
VE Monk plus 3/5
Audio Technica ATH-CKS550i 3/5
Philips Fidelio S2 4/5
Brainwavz B100 4,5/5
Marshall mode 3,5/5
Audio Technica Ath-E40 3,5/5
Sony Mdr-ex110 3/5
Sony Mdr-ex110ap 3/5
Marshall Mode Eq 4/5
Fiio FH1 3/5

My evaluation is expressed in Sq/price ratio. When I say that b150 is my reference, I mean that I love his tonal balance for the casual listening a portable hp/ep is intended for. While I love it, I need the technical capabilities of the se425, for example. What i’m Searching for is the detail and the realism that the b150 can’t provide despite the musical enjoyment it can deliver. I am a classic tenor, and a good iem must be my ultimate weapon to steal the secret of the best. You surely know that in my list only the Shure can provide the accuracy i’m Searching for, but I have the self-limit of 150 euro-dollars for the iem, because I let a thief to steal my se425 due to my distraction. The p1 is priced 100 on massdrop, and while i’m very tempted by the b400, the 100 euro of difference are an obstacle. Some reviewers prefer the p1 to the mellower b400, and i hope i can be happy with the cheaper. What do you think?

May 22, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #390 of 462
Yes, I did roll a lot of tips, and while the foam tipe tamed out the spike i hate, let the bass overwhelm other frequencies. Let me tell a little about my experience, I had a lot of in ears:
Shure E2c 3/5
Sony Mdr-ep50 2/5
Sony Mdr-ex700 2,5/5
Sennheiser cx300 II 2/5
Sennheiser Ie7 4,5/5
Sennheiser Ie8 3,5/5
Yamaha Eph100 4/5
Apple Earpods 2,5/5
Sennheiser cx3.00 2,5/5
Sony Mdr-ex650ap 3/5
Shure se425 4,5
Sony Xba-c10 2,5/5
Hifiman Re-400 4/5
VE Monk plus 3/5
Audio Technica ATH-CKS550i 3/5
Philips Fidelio S2 4/5
Brainwavz B100 4,5/5
Marshall mode 3,5/5
Audio Technica Ath-E40 3,5/5
Sony Mdr-ex110 3/5
Sony Mdr-ex110ap 3/5
Marshall Mode Eq 4/5
Fiio FH1 3/5

My evaluation is expressed in Sq/price ratio. When I say that b150 is my reference, I mean that I love his tonal balance for the casual listening a portable hp/ep is intended for. While I love it, I need the technical capabilities of the se425, for example. What i’m Searching for is the detail and the realism that the b150 can’t provide despite the musical enjoyment it can deliver. I am a classic tenor, and a good iem must be my ultimate weapon to steal the secret of the best. You surely know that in my list only the Shure can provide the accuracy i’m Searching for, but I have the self-limit of 150 euro-dollars for the iem, because I let a thief to steal my se425 due to my distraction. The p1 is priced 100 on massdrop, and while i’m very tempted by the b400, the 100 euro of difference are an obstacle. Some reviewers prefer the p1 to the mellower b400, and i hope i can be happy with the cheaper. What do you think?
Unfortunately, I can't comment on the b400 since I've never heard them. But the Pinnacle PX(P1) is a great value for the money, and I think that given my experience with some of the items on your list (not all), you'll be quite happy. They have an incredible soundstage, very good detail (more than a fair amount of things on your list), great mids and highs, and enough bass for me (with the Spiral Dots). They also definitely shine when you provide them with more power.

I wish I could help more, but I will say that the P1s perform at a much higher level than the price range in my experience, and are also the most comfortable IEMs I own. I try to not listen to them all the time because I'm afraid I'll get spoiled, and sometimes I appreciate something with a little more "fun" sound signature. That, and because I like to take some care with them, since they're among the more expensive pieces of kit I own. I got them well before the Massdrop version came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back