[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Feb 16, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #1,564 of 1,584
I came from Hugo 2 down to this.
What would you recommend as next direction?
Plenty of options depending on listening preferences. As an example I like them a lot combined with the FiiO M15S but also with the Hiby R6 Pro II. The Chord Mojo 2 with the Poly is also a favourite and easy to use combo. Earnen Angel also rocks. Etc

Feb 16, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #1,565 of 1,584
M17 sound great with them too

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #1,567 of 1,584
Have the FD7 been discontinued? I don't see them on the Fiio 2024 product lineup, and no sellers in the US have them in stock.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #1,568 of 1,584
Have the FD7 been discontinued? I don't see them on the Fiio 2024 product lineup, and no sellers in the US have them in stock.
Short answer yes they have been discontinued however some retailers may still have stock my local store still has stock.
https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/collections/in-ear-headphones/products/fiio-fd7-in-ear-earphones
If you enjoy the FH7S you will love the FD7 :relaxed: If you really want a brand new pair of FD7 P.M and I might be able to freight
forward a pair for you.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #1,569 of 1,584
1706793896312.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #1,570 of 1,584
iPhone 15 Pro Max + iFi Go Bar
&
Questyle QP1R

Id actually want something a it smaller and comfier then FD7 but with even better sound haha
Good luck, but I think you'll have to wake up very early and search desperately! :beyersmile:
With the FD7, a FiiO KA17 ES9069*2, XMOS XU316, and THX AAA 78, desktop mode with good powerbank is an excellent music source.

Feb 17, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #1,571 of 1,584
Good luck, but I think you'll have to wake up very early and search desperately! :beyersmile:
With the FD7, a FiiO KA17 ES9069*2, XMOS XU316, and THX AAA 78, desktop mode with good powerbank is an excellent music source.
Haha Im strugling for quite some time.
Somehow I keep looking into Campfire Dorado 2020 and Solaris and FIR VxV but dont have anywhere to try them out.

Also I might try IE600 but based on what Im reading I think I might be dissapointed compared to FD7 :)

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #1,572 of 1,584
Who knows if Fiio will ever be able to recreate the wonder that is the FD7. That being said as much as it isnt endgame grip and control wise the dry reproduced texture that it can reproduce is quite out of this world. Usually Be has a harder time reproduceing the hazier more etherial sounds but the FD7 has no issues reproducing that hazzy effect.

Also its a real shame that Fiio didnt include wide bore tips with the FD7 as part of the tip selection since imo those are the best tips of it.

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #1,573 of 1,584
I think the FD7 was shaded by Dunu Zen Pro (and others) during its (relatively short) existence. The Dunus has a more pronounced mids (ear-gain) and that gives the listener a better first impression, for instance. Don't get me wrong, FD7's tuning is great to my ears but it requires some time to adjust, especially if one is coming from other tunings.

I want to believe the community is finally learning that boosted ear-gain does not necessarily mean better sound, and the FD7 is one of my show cases for that.

As far as of a sucessor, I would like to see a bigger DD. A 2cm diaphragm maybe? :muscle:

Feb 17, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #1,574 of 1,584
I think the FD7 was shaded by Dunu Zen Pro (and others) during its (relatively short) existence. The Dunus has a more pronounced mids (ear-gain) and that gives the listener a better first impression, for instance. Don't get me wrong, FD7's tuning is great to my ears but it requires some time to adjust, especially if one is coming from other tunings.

I want to believe the community is finally learning that boosted ear-gain does not necessarily mean better sound, and the FD7 is one of my show cases for that.

As far as of a sucessor, I would like to see a bigger DD. A 2cm diaphragm maybe? :muscle:
we kind of have the ibasso 3T-154 for that but its a sidegrade at best and is doing its own thing having a much cleaner sound over the warmer FD7.

edit:
Hmmm I would say FD7 is still boosted ear gain but not as much as the zen pro. Personally Im not sure what the community(esp Crin and the other colab folks) value since Ive always been chasing non measurables like tight controled dense yet thin sound with highly realistic attack/decay. Who knows maybe Im tone deaf but FR graphs have never translated into practical data for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back