[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Aug 23, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #1,471 of 1,584
Thank you for the info. I assume the LC-RD is not available on the aftermarket, only the LC-RD Pro?
I doubt there will be much difference in sound between the RD and RD Pro. Both pure silver cables and I doubt that the configuration differences would make for anything more than subtle, if that, sonic differences.

Aug 24, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #1,472 of 1,584
Thank you for the info. I assume the LC-RD is not available on the aftermarket, only the LC-RD Pro?
Dear friend,

Yes, we do not have LC-RD in stock now.
1692860420878.png

1692860444703.png

Best regards

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 24, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,473 of 1,584
If you want more treble out of the FD7/ X, I'd try EQ or, and I don't want to offend someone, take the FD5 instead. :grin:
Well, the FD5 comes with a slightly more V-shaped nature compared to the FD7/X (more oomph and sparkle), which makes it a great fun iem whit not much less details (sound wise) than the FD7/X.

It's my go to with any sort of metal over my FD7, i've to say. :wink:

Anyway, before I'd toss my coins to an expensive cable, I'd go for the FD5 instead.
But that's just me. :wave:
And lose the fast snappy punch/kick of the pure Beryllium ! No thanks

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #1,478 of 1,584
I don't think there is any treble energy lost with the LC-RE on the FD7. I think the focus is just shifted a bit because of the perception of added low end and maybe warmer lower mids. But then again, my ears give up just north of 10K so maybe I'm just not hearing it.

I prefer and am using the stock FD7 cable with the FD7.
I received the LC-RD and my first impression is the same: Treble seems to be approximately the same, but the LC-RE has a bit more low end. I am mot sure what is "better".

The LC-RE and LC-RE Pro 2022 seem to have a bit different sound due to different matreial mixing: The LC-RE has 1/3 copper, 1/3 gold plated copper and 1/3 silver. The Pro 2022 has 22% gold plated copper, 33% silver, and 44% copper.

Aug 26, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #1,480 of 1,584
Oh yeah cross posting from the FX15 thread but for whever reason the new silver 8 core that comes with the FX15 sounds just as warm as the FD7 stock cable. If anything adding more material seems to make it slightly warmer yet more transparent. Its a interesting trade off.

Also I am so conflicted, the FD7 still has the best compromise in that its only slightly less detailed than the FX15 but has much better saperation and soundstage. The good thing about the FX15 is that its more transparent but alot of elements are layered over each other making it sound confusing. I feel like I want to buy but cable and tip rolling doesnt really affect the FX15 that much besides tonality unlike the FD7 where Ive gotten it to the sweet spot where its detailed yet clean yet full bodied yet fast and has good post 10k extension.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,481 of 1,584
Was surprised to see Fiio release the FX15 Tribrid because it's so late to the game. If I buy anything else that's pricey it will probably be a dynamic driver so I'll probably never buy the FX15. I'm put off by the e-stat on/off switch anyway. Probably doesn't affect the sound quality (having the switch) but it just rubs me the wrong way. Not just Fiio, for whatever reason, I've always been put off by IEM's with switches. Interchangeable nozzles are fine. Just the little, cheap switch thing that bothers me to no end.

Aug 27, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #1,482 of 1,584
Was surprised to see Fiio release the FX15 Tribrid because it's so late to the game. If I buy anything else that's pricey it will probably be a dynamic driver so I'll probably never buy the FX15. I'm put off by the e-stat on/off switch anyway. Probably doesn't affect the sound quality (having the switch) but it just rubs me the wrong way. Not just Fiio, for whatever reason, I've always been put off by IEM's with switches. Interchangeable nozzles are fine. Just the little, cheap switch thing that bothers me to no end.
Hearing it for myself I can kind of guess why the switch was there even though I dont agree with even adding it. Some people like their treble more solid and off seems to extend the BA to cover the post 8k but honestly I do think that at that point why even bother. Dispite the graphs showing the only difference being post 15k I do the lighter treble noteweight along with the saperation makes me think its crossed much lower at around 8kish where alot of the fine details are.

Aug 27, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,483 of 1,584
Hearing it for myself I can kind of guess why the switch was there even though I dont agree with even adding it. Some people like their treble more solid and off seems to extend the BA to cover the post 8k but honestly I do think that at that point why even bother. Dispite the graphs showing the only difference being post 15k I do the lighter treble noteweight along with the saperation makes me think its crossed much lower at around 8kish where alot of the fine details are.
Just from a common sense point of view ... why the hell would one pay all the extra money for a Tribrid if one is going to switch the estats off. It just seems goofy to me for fiio to even add the switch as it seems to be for comparsion sake more than anything else based on the description on the FX15 page on the Fiio website. But that's just me ... and I'm not immune from being goofy myself so who knows. To each their own.

Sep 27, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #1,485 of 1,584
Is the fd7 officially phased out ?
Short answer yes, but there is still stock around various retail and online outlets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back