[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Jul 23, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #1,441 of 1,592
Remember, you're hearing this on the internet, so take the following with some thought:

Remove the nozzle with the loose mesh
Use a hair dryer to warm up the mesh and the tip of the nozzle, to make the adhesive residue sticky.
Use something that will apply equal force (like a small straw), to apply gentle pressure to the mesh, as the adhesive cools.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #1,442 of 1,592
Standard filter and Final Audio type E tips are winner for me!
what sound you got with them compared to other nozles and fiio tips?

what model of spinfit is included in fd7 box set? cp100,cp145 or others?

Double Beryllium! so far so good im like shocked how good FD7 beryllium sound also my stellia too. now time burn fd7. 200hours to get top performance.

I agree. EXT is technically a class above FD7 and U12t. But FD7 is still my favorite single DD. What it does, it does very well. I just appreciate it for what it is.

U12t has a different take on presentation and is special in its own way. It's incredibly clean, precise, and surgical. It's great at separation and layering. Almost like a planar with its fast attack (except with BA timbre). But you also lose the natural decay and reverb of the notes as you would with a traditional dynamic driver.
how sounds campfire ara vs fd7? both neutral? or ara neutral bright?

Attachments

• 56496B2E-D380-4822-9C5A-7445A353477D-3495-000003AE4CDC5412.jpeg
    56496B2E-D380-4822-9C5A-7445A353477D-3495-000003AE4CDC5412.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 23, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #1,443 of 1,592
I find that the tip kit with the FD7 is quite poor compared to that of the FH7 (thinner material on the FD7) so I haven’t used them (my favourite tips were the vocal ones from the FH7 until I lost one!)

Tip rolling is imperative to squeeze the last bits of performance out of the FD7 - I’ve already given my preference (Final Type E XL)

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,444 of 1,592
I have to say that the FD7 scale well - I’ve swapped from my M11 Plus LTD to a FiiO K7 BT and the FD7 sound a fair bit better… very happy with the FD7/K7BT combo!!

Jul 25, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #1,445 of 1,592
Yeah, I'm honestly a bit surprised how much better the FD7 sounds when I drive it from the desktop rig than from my DAP, which is no slouch. It's an IEM that got a fair amount of lukewarm reviews initially, but my personal enjoyment factor hasn't lessened over time. But you have to want that type of coloration, like with my poorly recorded library of awesome indie rock.

Jul 25, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #1,446 of 1,592
What coloration are you getting out o the FD7?

Jul 26, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #1,447 of 1,592
What coloration are you getting out o the FD7?
Well, with that beryllium driver pushing a lot of air, the bass tends to dominate despite not being tuned excessively loud. But tuning wise, there’s some mid-bass and lower treble emphasis with a slightly relaxed upper treble and ear gain region compared to most “neutral” IEMs. What does neutral even mean anymore?

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #1,448 of 1,592
Well, with that beryllium driver pushing a lot of air, the bass tends to dominate despite not being tuned excessively loud. But tuning wise, there’s some mid-bass and lower treble emphasis with a slightly relaxed upper treble and ear gain region compared to most “neutral” IEMs. What does neutral even mean anymore?
If you don't want it to dominate as much TRI clearion is the tip to roll imo.

Also neutral is a construct by people to convince themselves that thie products doesn't have no treble.

Also I feel that FD7 is very revealing but not punishing if that makes any sense. Like how HANABIE. - Reborn superstar you can hear the garbage mastering in all its glory but it never sounds painful. On the other hand the FD7 is able to saperate all the various elements making it sound "better" than it actually is.

Jul 30, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #1,450 of 1,592
Hey guys , good ? How best setup to play fd?
Cable:?
Eartip?
Filter?
Have any mod?

Have one have some days , like alot !!!
It should be the first one I almost use all the standard Accessories :
Standard cable
Standard L eartips
Medium tube
... On topping g5
Half and 1 year later, I have always so much fun listening these iem.
I really like the timbre\medium.

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #1,451 of 1,592
If you don't want it to dominate as much TRI clearion is the tip to roll imo.

Also neutral is a construct by people to convince themselves that thie products doesn't have no treble.

Also I feel that FD7 is very revealing but not punishing if that makes any sense. Like how HANABIE. - Reborn superstar you can hear the garbage mastering in all its glory but it never sounds painful. On the other hand the FD7 is able to saperate all the various elements making it sound "better" than it actually is.
Dominate is maybe the wrong word. It sorta plays to me at the same level as the mids, which I like but others in this hobby would consider too much. I'm fine with final-E tips.

I've yet to really test the FD7 on a bunch of different gear but I'm surprised at how well it scales with my desktop gear.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #1,452 of 1,592
I’m quite genuinely excited by the positive difference I’m hearing with the FD7 and the LC-RE Pro 2022 cable! As good as the silver cable is, this cable makes the FD7 sound more mature… very happy

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,454 of 1,592
I’m quite genuinely excited by the positive difference I’m hearing with the FD7 and the LC-RE Pro 2022 cable! As good as the silver cable is, this cable makes the FD7 sound more mature… very happy
Any idea what's different from the 2021 version? I am such a huge fan of the FD7 that I'm almost considering the LC-RE as a completely impractical purchase...

Aug 17, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #1,455 of 1,592
Any idea what's different from the 2021 version? I am such a huge fan of the FD7 that I'm almost considering the LC-RE as a completely impractical purchase...
Ah thats the one that came with FDX that is copper/silver/gold. It really depends on how you like the sound. It makes the FD7 quite rumbly and bassy at the expense of detail. Not a bad tradeoff unless you want clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back