[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Jul 20, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,426 of 1,592
received today.very like sound out of the box wired, or wireless , and for my ears no need EQ. playing with nozles and tips. i like mid and highs forward sound. How diferent sound black vs green nozles? and what tips is best for neutralral sound- black balanced or spinfit?
These are only questions you can answer… but for context, I’ve commented on this thread that I liked the Spinfit W1 but prefer the Final Type E tips.

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #1,427 of 1,592
received today.very like sound out of the box wired, or wireless , and for my ears no need EQ. playing with nozles and tips. i like mid and highs forward sound. How diferent sound black vs green nozles? and what tips is best for neutralral sound- black balanced or spinfit?
Dear friend,

The black sound tube (preinstalled on the FD7): crisp and detailed treble
The green sound tube (included in accessories): more details of the ultra-highs

【What are the differences between the ear tips?】
1. The Red and black ear tips: bass ear tips, which can improve the bass sense.
2. The translucent white ear tips: balanced ear tips, actual listening experience may vary from users.
3. The Red and white ear tips: vocals ear tips, more outstanding on mids performance with front vocals.
4. Tri-flange ear tips: design for the small sound tube which can make the sound deeper into the ear canal and get more rich sounds.
5. Memory foam ear tip: more fit for ear canals with better sound insulation and noise cancellation effects.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 21, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #1,428 of 1,592
Dear friend,

2. The translucent white ear tips: balanced ear tips, actual listening experience may vary from users.
3. The Red and white ear tips: vocals ear tips, more outstanding on mids performance with front vocals.
4. Tri-flange ear tips: design for the small sound tube which can make the sound deeper into the ear canal and get more rich sounds.
5. Memory foam ear tip: more fit for ear canals with better sound insulation and noise cancellation effects.

Best regards
how sound quality bass mids highs separation imaging details changes after 200hour burn ?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #1,429 of 1,592
how sound quality bass mids highsseparation imaging details changes after 200hour burn ?
Now you’ve got them, enjoy the journey - the truth of the matter in my opinion is exactly that ironically, that it is an opinion, you never see spectrographs of before and after x number of hours… whether it is placebo, personal adjustment or nothing at all, it is your journey, which may well be different to mine or anybody else’s…

All I’ll add is that I’m happier now than I was a year ago, but for me I think that that is down to increased familiarity.

Jul 21, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,430 of 1,592
Now you’ve got them, enjoy the journey - the truth of the matter in my opinion is exactly that ironically, that it is an opinion, you never see spectrographs of before and after x number of hours… whether it is placebo, personal adjustment or nothing at all, it is your journey, which may well be different to mine or anybody else’s…

All I’ll add is that I’m happier now than I was a year ago, but for me I think that that is down to increased familiarity.
im burned meze rai penta for 100hours and sound wayy better.- deeper bass,more highs,more details and clarity.

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #1,431 of 1,592
Dear friend,

Best regards
The balanced ear tips that come with the FD7 and FDX seem to be a bit different (one is black, one is white). Is there a way to buy the balanced ear tips that come with the FDX? (white colored balanced ear tips)

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #1,432 of 1,592
The balanced ear tips that come with the FD7 and FDX seem to be a bit different (one is black, one is white). Is there a way to buy the balanced ear tips that come with the FDX? (white colored balanced ear tips)
Dear friend,

How many pairs would you need? You could try to contact us via Aliexpress or support@fiio.com for help.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 21, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #1,434 of 1,592
Would you already be able to make a comparison with Andromeda 2020?
😂😂😂 im compared from reviews. made correct decision. i like berilium sound from my focal stellia and now from FD7 too. starting burn in berilium.🤗 also like very noble mystique as well, but need lnoble EQ “ing as dont like V-shape sound. both berilium’s kings out from boxes sounds special for me and no need EQ.

Attachments

• IMG_9938.jpeg
    IMG_9938.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3337.jpg a.jpeg
    DSCF3337.jpg a.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9943.jpeg
    IMG_9943.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #1,435 of 1,592

Super reviews has a before and after burn in FR if your are into that kind of thing.

That being said sustained tone testing doesnt reflect IRL music reproduction imo.

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,436 of 1,592
I received them both and FD7 will be cooked for a while but...listening to FD7 and then to A18t which costs more than 5 times its cost makes me feel the biggest loser in this hobby. It fries the A18t in every possible way, especially with the layering, separation. Very good tuning. Bloody hell. The A18t is the biggest mistake I have ever done.

Another thing I liked about it is that it has higher impedance, so less sensitive to any amplifier output impedance and I can easily drive it from my desktop amp. The subbass is there and clean.

I normally keep one IEM but FH9 and FD7 are both keepers.
think same ,have FD7,but looking at u12t,so no make mistake? dont get u12t,as FD7 has same performance for 3x lowe price?

Jul 22, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,437 of 1,592
found best sound for me green nozle. compared cpinfit vs black balanced tips,more details and better instrument separation also imaging is on spinfit, maybe because it deeper runs to ear or better seal,softer gummy. also spinfit more comfy and not hurt ear.

Jul 22, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #1,438 of 1,592
Standard filter and Final Audio type E tips are winner for me!

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #1,439 of 1,592
I have a loose screen on one of my FD7 sound tubes / nozzles. Looks like Fiio uses a small amount of some type of non hardening adhesive to help keep the screens in place.
Anyone have any idea what it is? Or what else I can use to secure the screen?
It's either going to end up lost or in my ear canal. I would prefer to avoid it before it happens.

Thanks

Jul 22, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #1,440 of 1,592
I have a loose screen on one of my FD7 sound tubes / nozzles. Looks like Fiio uses a small amount of some type of non hardening adhesive to help keep the screens in place.
Anyone have any idea what it is? Or what else I can use to secure the screen?
It's either going to end up lost or in my ear canal. I would prefer to avoid it before it happens.

Thanks
Remember, you're hearing this on the internet, so take the following with some thought:

Remove the nozzle with the loose mesh
Use a hair dryer to warm up the mesh and the tip of the nozzle, to make the adhesive residue sticky.
Use something that will apply equal force (like a small straw), to apply gentle pressure to the mesh, as the adhesive cools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back