[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Nov 28, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #796 of 1,592
Yeah Acoustune certainly on the radar too. Needs to stop though somewhere - I'll get to a point where I zero in on a few that will be keepers and sell the rest. In a big child in a massive earphone candy shop phase of life...
That's what I would do: Sell everything except your ultimate IEM and allow only one to try out, but one will of the two will have to go.

drftr

Nov 28, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #797 of 1,592
I think zen pro is my next iem or Luna. Ie900 is impossible to buy at the moment! Your right ref the MEST. It’s very technical but it’s doesn’t move me at all.
The ananda is a very gentle headphone. Not very bassy. Very neutral. No good for full on bassy edm. Classical, ambient etc and it’s awesome
Ananda indeed is excellent.
With xbass on xCAN it can almost satisfy even the bassheads IMO.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #798 of 1,592
Received my unit today. Too early to make an opinion, but the sound is so smooth and more detailed compared to the FD5. A definite improvement in the timbre, the bass will need some time to settle down as I found it to be a bit fuller than tighter. Will listen to it in between with the Honey H1 and the Conductor 3xp as it burns in on the LG G6.

Nov 30, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #800 of 1,592
Does the FD7 has faster transients than the FD5?.
I freaking love my FD5, the only shortcoming I keep reminded about when listening to music is their slow ass driver compared to my other headphones\iems\speakers.

Nov 30, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #801 of 1,592
Does the FD7 has faster transients than the FD5?.
I freaking love my FD5, the only shortcoming I keep reminded about when listening to music is their slow ass driver compared to my other headphones\iems\speakers.
Yes it is faster but not e-stat fast!

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #802 of 1,592
I’ve had these for a few weeks now so I’m past new toy stage. I love them and I think they are my favourite iems even though I have far more expensive ones. Listening with N6ii - r01 - cayin c9. They sound amazing simple as that

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #803 of 1,592
I’ve had these for a few weeks now so I’m past new toy stage. I love them and I think they are my favourite iems even though I have far more expensive ones. Listening with N6ii - r01 - cayin c9. They sound amazing simple as that
I'd be sooo interested what for instance the Elysium would add to the picture. Have you done any write-up / comparison somewhere by any chance?

drftr

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #805 of 1,592
I'd be sooo interested what for instance the Elysium would add to the picture. Have you done any write-up / comparison somewhere by any chance?

drftr
The ve elysium is a really nice iem. Amazing mids and highs. Technically it’s a better iem than the fdx. However, the fdx has much better bass and the single dd gives a more coherent organic sound. I think I’m just a big single dd fan

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #806 of 1,592
Love reading similar experience to mine. I managed to grab the FD7 before a few other well-hyped IEMs arrived on my doorstep and found that my enthusiasm for the FD7 hasn't waned even after comparing them to other 1DDs or even the Timeless.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #807 of 1,592
Once you hit the final burn in stages. I highly recommend the ISN AG8 cable. It takes it up a notch and I haven't looked back since. Currently on sale at $174 too.

Nov 30, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #808 of 1,592
Currently reviewing the FH9. That earphone has its own thing going on but I got asked several times from members which I like better. To be honest it is the FD7 that is Fiios best earphones with the 3 Ts that does it for me. Tonal, technical and timbre level that is my vote for best Fiio made earphone this year. I say this year as I am willing to bet they are working on a FD9. :ksc75smile:. If not they should given the success of the FD7.

FH9 has more of a fun angle to its tuning. I call them disco in my ears and uses 4BAs for mids which is what a lot of much higher end hybrids use. It is a more advanced FH5S with better tuning and ability but the one to top for Fiio is in deed the FD7.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #810 of 1,592

Users who are viewing this thread

Back