[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Nov 11, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #680 of 1,584
Any comparaison with the other DD JVC fw1500 ?

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #682 of 1,584
I know the FD7 is more neutral compared to the FD3 or 5 but the bass, when it slams, feels plenty massive. I don't know what I'd do with more dBs in the low end if they had them (tho maybe in the sub-bass...) As it stands with the FD7, I can feel the IEMs vibrating in my ears when the song has a lot of strong bass hits, and I'm glad the IEMs are not fatiguing for the amount of air they're pushing.

Nov 11, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #683 of 1,584
I know the FD7 is more neutral compared to the FD3 or 5 but the bass, when it slams, feels plenty massive. I don't know what I'd do with more dBs in the low end if they had them (tho maybe in the sub-bass...) As it stands with the FD7, I can feel the IEMs vibrating in my ears when the song has a lot of strong bass hits, and I'm glad the IEMs are not fatiguing for the amount of air they're pushing.
It’s not necessarily a lack of a lower response level or lack of strength (compared to the FD5), but a shorter/thinner resonance. The FD5 can stretch out a sub bass note a little longer. The FD7 is more like cool, cool,… I’m out, next note. I would assume (since it’s not my genre of choice) death metal (with it‘s rapid drum sequences) would favor the FD7.

I’ve found the FD7 to be hit or miss, with lower notes of older HipHop. e.g. Akon, “Konvict” is a miss. OutKast, “I like the way you move” is a hit.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #684 of 1,584
I've ordered an fdx this morning. Can't wait to hear it. Is it worth having the dunu luna too or are they very similar?

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #685 of 1,584
I've ordered an fdx this morning. Can't wait to hear it. Is it worth having the dunu luna too or are they very similar?
From reading the reviews the Luna has close to none of the low end of the FD7/FDX. From eyeballing your IEM list it looks like the Luna would have less bass than at least 80% of what you're currently using. I would expect it to have mids that are on the same level as the Elysium though. In all honesty I think it's probably too expensive now we're almost in 2022. If you want a single DD IEM in that quality class that sound-wise is different enough from what you're already using then you could look into the Softears Turii.

drftr

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #686 of 1,584
I done a very easy mod that increases the staging and imaging of the FD7. Its like you could "see" your music in 4K on a huge screen. No kidding! Everyone who gives a f*ck on warrenty should try this, but i am pretty sure you can reverse this mod when you be careful. I ordered some meshes for the nozzle and i got one which is formed like a whirlwind. I removed the original mesh from the nozzle by pushing it from the back and put on this little magic thing. The imaging is more holographic and the stage is a bit wider and much deeper. I don't know what this mesh doing with the freq kurve, but it sounds awesome! Oh and i use the KZ Starline tips, size M with this mod.

Here is the link to order it:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vqr1lO

Attachments

• IMG_20211112_211041.jpg
    IMG_20211112_211041.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #687 of 1,584
I done a very easy mod that increases the staging and imaging of the FD7. Its like you could "see" your music in 4K on a huge screen. No kidding! Everyone who gives a f*ck on warrenty should try this, but i am pretty sure you can reverse this mod when you be careful. I ordered some meshes for the nozzle and i got one which is formed like a whirlwind. I removed the original mesh from the nozzle by pushing it from the back and put on this little magic thing. The imaging is more holographic and the stage is a bit wider and much deeper. I don't know what this mesh doing with the freq kurve, but it sounds awesome! Oh and i use the KZ Starline tips, size M with this mod.

Here is the link to order it:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vqr1lO
I will measure the frequency response. Are you using this on balanced or treble nozzle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back