[FiiO FD7/FDX] 12mm dynamic driver with its diaphragm using pure beryllium, with an outer-magnet field, up to 1.5 Tesla magnetic flux.
Nov 16, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #706 of 1,584
Still in new toy category but i really like these. Sound fantastic with everything from edm to classical. Especially nice with a shanling m8

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #707 of 1,584
I am past the honeymoon period and although the review is finished I keep using them daily for evaluating various electronics and music listening.
And if you ask me my impressions of the FD7 haven't diminished at all, on the contrary they became stronger.
This is one of my few best Iems and I find myself reaching for it more frequently than other much loved full sized headphones like the HD660S.

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #708 of 1,584
I am past the honeymoon period and although the review is finished I keep using them daily for evaluating various electronics and music listening.
And if you ask me my impressions of the FD7 haven't diminished at all, on the contrary they became stronger.
This is one of my few best Iems and I find myself reaching for it more frequently than other much loved full sized headphones like the HD660S.
I have to agree with what I’ve heard so far. They just sound well “right”. No music sounds wrong with them. They love a good source though. I’m starting to wonder if they may be my fav iem…..

Nov 16, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #709 of 1,584
Matter of interest what tips do you use with your? In currently using spin fits

Nov 16, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #711 of 1,584
Timeless arrived today, after much waiting... and it's pretty great, but the FD7 is better in pretty much every category (besides extension at both ends). It's not like the FD7 smokes it; the Timeless is impressive for its price. The FD7 is just more refined overall, and even when it comes to extension it performs well for a 1DD. So despite really digging the sub-bass and upper air (less so) of the Timeless, I definitely prefer the FD7. If anything, I think it's ruined me on other IEMs.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #712 of 1,584
I've been planning on pulling the trigger on the FD7 before the end of the year, but now with the release of the new FH9 at the same price I may wait to hear some comparisons between the two.

Dang, it's hard to keep track of all of Fiio's releases. It's dizzying!! :sunglasses:

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #713 of 1,584
Double post, not sure what happened...

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #714 of 1,584
I've been planning on pulling the trigger on the FD7 before the end of the year, but now with the release of the new FH9 at the same price I may wait to hear some comparisons between the two.

Dang, it's hard to keep track of all of Fiio's releases. It's dizzying!! :sunglasses:
By the time you're done there will be an FD9 to complete the FA9-FH9 trilogy. We all know it's gonna happen at some point. Still, if you buy them at a sharp price (like, the FA9 was $350 days ago) you'd hardly make a loss when selling them 2nd hand later. :xf_cool:

drftr

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #718 of 1,584
Can't wait for the FD9 too, lol. :)

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #719 of 1,584
Yeah I still want the FD7... I'm trying to resist but I feel its inevitable before the end of the year! Shame not part of their Black Friday deals.
Don't resist, it's in vain, close your eyes and let it work it's magic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back