FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Mar 4, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #346 of 381
I also want to comment on Jade Audio EA1.

These are the best headphones under $ 100-150(like BGVP DH3 and other) that I have heard.
Great fast bass, smooth sound and great treble. For these headphones, I would recommend the elongated earbuds, as they give a little more bass. The stock cable is of good quality, it doesn't even make sense to change it. Headphones play differently from any source and are unpretentious to the quality of the recording, that is, a certain balance of comfort and detail in the sound.

If you want versatile headphones without the howling and pounding bass - your choice is Jade Audio EA1 :)

Thanks to Fiio/Jade Audio for best 1DD iems, i love it :)

what about Jade Audio EA3 - i cant listen in - very, no no, VERYVERY a lot of high freq(despite the fact that I love high frequencies and when there are a lot of them). Not for EDM, Electronic(synth) music, but best for instrumental(classic)

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #347 of 381
I recommend removing the standard meshes and filters behind them - this will give you more detail, airiness in the high frequencies and punch in the bass.

Mar 27, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #348 of 381
has anyone compared these to the cheaper KZ buds? is there much of a difference in sound quality to justify the price difference?
I'm very inclined to grab these, just don't want to commit before I've considered all my options.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #349 of 381
has anyone compared these to the cheaper KZ buds? is there much of a difference in sound quality to justify the price difference?
I'm very inclined to grab these, just don't want to commit before I've considered all my options.
difficult to compare in reality.
In terms of tonality and sound presentation, they are similar to KZ DQ6, but with better high frequencies and a wide sound stage.

Mar 29, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #351 of 381
In terms of sound, these sound great.

However, the rattle issue is no little issue. Just slight change in position of your head and you hear this rattle.

So... I cosmetically destroyed one pair of Fiio FD1's just so you don't have to :)
Why "cosmetically destroyed"? Well, opening the shell is very complex, and the top plate took some damage. Once I opened the IEM, I found out that it's the cellulose plate that is causing the rattle...... very disappointing. I just used some super glue to make sure that the plate stays in place, but since the plastic took some damage, the top plate doesn't sit as tight and as good as before. This didn't affect or damage the sonic performance, but I cannot imagine someone buying these and destroying them.

I really hope the issue is fixed, and if not, I hope Fiio takes care of people with the said problem. I myself don't care about the cosmetic damage because the unit was faulty from the start. I am just happy that I got to the bottom of it and that I know what causes the rattle.

I want to say that I still use the Jade Audio EA3 as my daily driver (I've been using it as a daily driver for more than a year already). The Fiio FD1 uses the same shell as the EA3, and I believe it sounds very similar to the EA3.

Mar 29, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #352 of 381

However, the rattle issue is no little issue. Just slight change in position of your head and you hear this rattle.

So... I cosmetically destroyed one pair of Fiio FD1's just so you don't have to :)
Why "cosmetically destroyed"? Well, opening the shell is very complex, and the top plate took some damage. Once I opened the IEM, I found out that it's the cellulose plate that is causing the rattle...... very disappointing. I just used some super glue to make sure that the plate stays in place, but since the plastic took some damage, the top plate doesn't sit as tight and as good as before. This didn't affect or damage the sonic performance, but I cannot imagine someone buying these and destroying them.

I really hope the issue is fixed, and if not, I hope Fiio takes care of people with the said problem. I myself don't care about the cosmetic damage because the unit was faulty from the start. I am just happy that I got to the bottom of it and that I know what causes the rattle.

I want to say that I still use the Jade Audio EA3 as my daily driver (I've been using it as a daily driver for more than a year already). The Fiio FD1 uses the same shell as the EA3, and I believe it sounds very similar to the EA3.

Is the rattle a common issue with the FD1? I have not experienced the phenomenon with my set.

Mar 29, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #353 of 381

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. We have reported this problem to the tech team and improved the stability。

The sound of the EA1 is similar to the FD1. And the EA3's sound is close to the FH1s instead.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 2, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #354 of 381
Questionnaire About Earphone Types(Note: that this questionnaire is not limited to earphones of FiiO brand)
Distinguished users,
To better know your preference and design suitable earphones for you, we made this questionnaire about earphone types and would like to sincerely invite you to participate in it. Thank you so much for your support and advice.

>>>Click here

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #355 of 381
so I get this quiet white noise on my new pair when plugged into pretty much anything; just how much of it there is depends on the device but it stays constant so louder music drowns it out but it's very noticeable at night when the volume is low. It's always there on my laptop and the switch but only starts up on my phone when a song is on.
anyone knows if this is normal? I don't get the same issue with my other headphones, you reckon it's a faulty pair?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #356 of 381
so I get this quiet white noise on my new pair when plugged into pretty much anything; just how much of it there is depends on the device but it stays constant so louder music drowns it out but it's very noticeable at night when the volume is low. It's always there on my laptop and the switch but only starts up on my phone when a song is on.
anyone knows if this is normal? I don't get the same issue with my other headphones, you reckon it's a faulty pair?
I get a slight white noise hiss when using them on both my DAP's (iBasso DX160 and Fiio M11). It is worse on the iBasso, but overall sounds better on it so it's my main source for these IEM's. I believe it's because these IEM's are so sensitive is the reason we are hearing the hiss. Like you mentioned it is drowned out by even the slightest music, so it doesn't really bother me.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #357 of 381
I get a slight white noise hiss when using them on both my DAP's (iBasso DX160 and Fiio M11). It is worse on the iBasso, but overall sounds better on it so it's my main source for these IEM's. I believe it's because these IEM's are so sensitive is the reason we are hearing the hiss. Like you mentioned it is drowned out by even the slightest music, so it doesn't really bother me.
It's true they are ridiculously sensitive, I run them at about half the volume compared to my other headphones. The white noise is not a huge issue but it can be noticeable with some songs more than others (especially more ambient stuff); for example it introduces a lot of hiss to the soundtrack from Control, which is very funny if you've played the game but still pretty annoying. It also makes listening on very low volume (like when I'm in bed and don't want to bother my partner because these bleed a lot) kind of undoable because that's when the white noise can start drowning out the actual sound.

It's not a deal breaker I don't think, these still sound pretty amazing for 55 quid, but it's also a bit disappointing.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #358 of 381
Are you using it on the 3.5mm port with both the DX160/M11?

Because if thats the case, the DX160 has a lot of interference issue on the 3.5mm so it has a lot of noise.
4.4mm shouldnt be a problem with the DX160 while the M11 is worse. (a lot higher output impedance on the M11.)

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #359 of 381

Because if thats the case, the DX160 has a lot of interference issue on the 3.5mm so it has a lot of noise.
4.4mm shouldnt be a problem with the DX160 while the M11 is worse. (a lot higher output impedance on the M11.)
Is the noise on the Fiio M11 mainly from the 3.5mm port as well?

I have not experienced any hissing or other noise on my M11 but that may be because I do not remember using the 3.5mm port.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #360 of 381

Started using them on the 3.5 on both DAP's, bought a 4.4 cable and did notice a slightly higher level of white noise on the M11, quieted down somewhat on the DX160, still there though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back