FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Jul 3, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #91 of 381
Yea, I was really hoping that since it was their first single DD IEM, they would do something special.
Anyways, here's BGGAR's graph.

Thanks for the graph! Probably gonna give it a miss as I'm quite sensitive to elevated upper mids/lower treble.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #92 of 381
1EBAB9E3-E8A5-4923-AEF6-A7967E3A190A.jpegB32BE377-6B7D-4F74-9C6C-FC0144DE7299.jpeg

Compared to the Tanchjim Hana.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #93 of 381
So many of us were really hoping it would be a legitimate challenger (capability and tuning wise) to the UF YBF. I have no idea what to expect when I get my UF, but regardless, I think UF is truly cementing a bad reputation. Missed opportunity by FiiO, IMHO.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #95 of 381
My thoughts, exactly. However, for $59.00 I'm still looking forward to getting them and see if they suck as bad as I think they will. Low expectations = good returns, if you know what I mean.
From early reports, it seems it doesn’t remotely suck, but it doesn‘t seem to have the exciting tuning that many were really hoping for. Beryllium bass is what so many wanted. I guess it is somewhat the equivalent of the BL05. There will be plenty of people that like it, but it likely won’t remotely reach any legendary status.

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #96 of 381
I truly don't understand the negativity in this thread towards the bass on this IEM, are we listening to the same headphone? I don't think you can see the whole story of this IEM by looking at the frequency chart, to me FD1 has very tight bass that REALLY has a lot of impact and physical presence, the quality of the bass is very close to my Legacy3 and the bass the FD1 produces has even more weight. Probably I am not a bass head and I have not tried the Blon03, but to me these headphones delivery a pretty sufficient bass experience. Maybe people were anticipating something else?

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #98 of 381
Maybe people were anticipating something else?
PERFECT summary! I’m sure it sounds great, as many FiiO IEMs do, just not what many were hoping for.

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #100 of 381
From early reports, it seems it doesn’t remotely suck, but it doesn‘t seem to have the exciting tuning that many were really hoping for. Beryllium bass is what so many wanted. I guess it is somewhat the equivalent of the BL05. There will be plenty of people that like it, but it likely won’t remotely reach any legendary status.
I bought them hoping for the heavy Be bass and crisp treble. Pulled the trigger before any reviews were out to save on shipping. Still hoping for the best.

Jul 4, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #101 of 381
tbh i havent seen any fiio iems that get more than a lukewarm reception, looks like these r same trend

was rly hoping for another great single dd :frowning2:
Matter of preference. FD1 is so far the best single DD I've heard. Maybe except ex1000 but that was long time ago and my ears were more sensitive then. I truly believe that next step is FH7. Treble is thicker now after 20hours, still leaves a lot to desire, but somehow cannot stop listening to it...
Edit: Xelento was great too...

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #102 of 381
I've done 24 hours b-in and still have weak bass. when they say strong bass i was expecting at least something on the level of mh755. But my main grip is getting the seal right. if it seals right the bass is ok

Jul 4, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #103 of 381
tbh i havent seen any fiio iems that get more than a lukewarm reception, looks like these r same trend

was rly hoping for another great single dd :frowning2:
Not really. The FH7 received good reviews across board and is considered as one of the best iems around $500
And as mentioned proper burn in time with good tips and souce the fd1 does deliver within expectations

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #104 of 381
Not really. The FH7 received good reviews across board and is considered as one of the best iems around $500
And as mentioned proper burn in time with good tips and souce the fd1 does deliver within expectations

u misunderstand. from reviews, it is obvious that fiio iems r good, maybe great, but never fantastic or mindblowing. u have to read between the lines :)

think: sony mh755, er4xr/sr, jvc fdx1, moondrop s8, sony ier m7/m9, etc. as top tier performers in their price point, it is obvious fiio isn't quite at this level yet, but hopefully they get there

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #105 of 381
u misunderstand. from reviews, it is obvious that fiio iems r good, maybe great, but never fantastic or mindblowing. u have to read between the lines :)

think: sony mh755, er4xr/sr, jvc fdx1, moondrop s8, sony ier m7/m9, etc. as top tier performers in their price point, it is obvious fiio isn't quite at this level yet, but hopefully they get there
Hows Shozy 1.1? Is it great or fantastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back