FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Jul 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #181 of 381
OK, Now it is time to hit the Buy Button... Thanks to All but this sealed the deal for me!
Glad it helped. Just one caveat. The upper midrange is full, but I don’t find it shouty. The bass can kick hard, and there is a good amount of it, but it is not a bass head IEM IMHO. If one were to crank up the volume to try and increase the bass response, it could make the upper midrange strident/shouty. I think it responds well to EQ if you wanted to fine tune it, though I don’t use EQ with it, and don’t think it really needs any.

Jul 15, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #183 of 381
A few more pics, b/c I was bored.

18C9FE4A-1486-4B6A-A937-7E9B45F25479.jpeg

F8ABCDD6-92EF-4F18-91CA-E5591EA9ECCE.jpeg
3A843707-C2A2-45B7-8B65-EE1A045DB1E8.jpeg
72C09A67-F4CD-4C59-A389-4DFBF05D4E81.jpeg

Jul 16, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #187 of 381
Do your ears hurt more with it taped up?
For me no difference with either taped or not taped.both dint hurt my ears. So far loving the fd1 now. I have both n3ap and blon03. I love the bass on the n3ap but sometimes prefered the highs of the blon03. With the holes taped, fd1 now rumbles tighter than the n3ap while still retaining the highs of the bl0n3(but with no occasional sibilance of the 03) while still being more resolving.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #188 of 381
Wow! The bass as a whole, especially the sub bass is very much louder now. Now it’s a bass head IEM! I used MP tape to cover the center vent overlying the DD. No discomfort or added pressure that I notice. The bass isn’t obviously more loose or flabby, but the FD1 already has a lot of mid bass punch in stock form, so covering the vent definitely makes it boomy and it intrudes on the mids.

Jul 16, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #190 of 381
What a ugly frequency response...
I was interested but seeing that, clearly i lost all interest
Ugly looking graph, beautiful sounding IEM. That’s all I care about.

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #192 of 381
What a ugly frequency response...
I was interested but seeing that, clearly i lost all interest
That particular reviewer has a challenged history with dynamic drivers, as he's not open to the possibility that the driver may need to be broken in.

Case in point, he also found the Fiio FH7 and the Dunu Luna to be lacking, in presence.

If you want to take less of a financial gamble, there should be reviews on the Jade Audio EA1 by the middle of next week; on paper, it looks to be virtually the same IEM, at half the FD1 price.

(link to listing)
Based on the copy being exactly the same (on Amazon), except for the description of the respective cable:

EA1
[Flagship-grade beryllium-plated diaphragm driver]With JadeAudio's typical flagship-grade headphone technology, the EA1 headphone dynamic driver is made of high-end beryllium, known for being light, thin yet extremely rigid. It brings you a sense of movement and power, shaping majestic sound performances. That means 4 times more rigid than steel, three fourth lighter than titanium,and sound velocity up to 12KM/s.Extraordinary configuration just perfectly matches with you.

[Two-way magnetic circuit design,powerful driven capacity]The EA1 earphone dynamic driver is designed with an N50 two-way magnetic circuit having a 55% magnetic flux promotion and nearly 1 Tesla of magnetic field intensity compared with the traditional single magnetic circuit. The double magnetic flux activates forceful driven capacities that enable energetic, robust bass performances and even full and delightful transient responses.

[Patented balanced pressure relief technology,for long-time wearing]The beryllium diaphragm coupled with the two-way magnetic circuit design allows improved bass acoustic pressure and deeper bass explosion. Plus FiiO patented balanced pressure relief technology, the pressure is able to stay in a balanced state after precise counting and adjusting.You can comfortably enjoy hi-res music for a long time with no burdens.

[Gold-plated retaining ring, stable vocalization unit]The EA1 earbuds is meticulously designed with a gold-plated aluminium alloy retaining ring and sound tube for each unit, beautifying the EA1 and simultaneously providing way stable cavity for the audible unit, achieving incredible sound quality. The loose and atmospheric bass, clearly transparent mids and high-resolution treble, are specially tuned with relatively balanced distributions.

[Higher-standard upgraded accessory,4-stranded high-purity monocrystalline copper cable]Included with the EA1 is the cable made of braided Litz wires, 24 cores per strand, 4 strands in a total of 96 cores. Each Litz wire is insulated from each other, ensuring better audio transmission performance under the naturally-occurring yet .

FD1
[Flagship-grade beryllium-plated diaphragm driver]With FiiO's typical flagship-grade headphone technology, the FD1 headphone dynamic driver is made of high-end beryllium, known for being light, thin yet extremely rigid. It brings you a sense of movement and power, shaping majestic sound performances. That means 4 times more rigid than steel, three fourth lighter than titanium,and sound velocity up to 12KM/s.Extraordinary configuration just perfectly matches with you.

[Two-way magnetic circuit design,powerful driven capacity]The FD1 earphone dynamic driver is designed with an N50 two-way magnetic circuit having a 55% magnetic flux promotion and nearly 1 Tesla of magnetic field intensity compared with the traditional single magnetic circuit. The double magnetic flux activates forceful driven capacities that enable energetic, robust bass performances and even full and delightful transient responses.

[Patented balanced pressure relief technology,for long-time wearing]The beryllium diaphragm coupled with the two-way magnetic circuit design allows improved bass acoustic pressure and deeper bass explosion. Plus FiiO patented balanced pressure relief technology, the pressure is able to stay in a balanced state after precise counting and adjusting.You can comfortably enjoy hi-res music for a long time with no burdens.

[Gold-plated retaining ring, stable vocalization unit]The FD1 earbuds is meticulously designed with a gold-plated aluminium alloy retaining ring and sound tube for each unit, beautifying the FD1 and simultaneously providing way stable cavity for the audible unit, achieving incredible sound quality. The loose and atmospheric bass, clearly transparent mids and high-resolution treble, are specially tuned with relatively balanced distributions.

[Higher-standard upgraded accessory,4-stranded high-purity monocrystalline copper cable]Included with the FD1 HiFi headphone is the cable made of braided Litz wires, 30 cores per strand, 4 strands in a total of 120 cores. Ensuring better audio transmission performance under the naturally-occurring yet

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #193 of 381
received the fd1 today, and have it on sale after 10 min. Sounds like a kz model. Tin can... source; dx160 se standard cable. This iem should cost like 5 usd max. Does not come close to the slamming bass, sparkling treble of the urbanfun ybf. Or another example, got the cheap vk4 in today aswel. Sounds way better then the fd1... sorry but thats last iem im buying that hifi dreams recs.

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #194 of 381
received the fd1 today, and have it on sale after 10 min. Sounds like a kz model. Tin can... source; dx160 se standard cable. This iem should cost like 5 usd max. Does not come close to the slamming bass, sparkling treble of the urbanfun ybf. Or another example, got the cheap vk4 in today aswel. Sounds way better then the fd1... sorry but thats last iem im buying that hifi dreams recs.
try taping both vent holes, i hated mine initially for the same reason as yours but after taping both vent holes, it came alive.

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #195 of 381
try taping both vent holes, i hated mine initially for the same reason as yours but after taping both vent holes, it came alive.
You keep mentioning taping “both” vent holes. Is there another one other then the main vent overlying the driver? Or are you talking about taping over one vent on each side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back