FiiO FA9 - 6 Knowles BA IEM w/3 sound adjustment switche
Jan 21, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #91 of 110
1-Main Pic.jpg
Text version of FiiO FA9 review

English: https://porta.fi/fiio-fa9-headphone-review-the-second-but-not-the-last-flagship/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-naushnikov-fiio-fa9-vtoroj-no-ne-poslednij-flagman/

Feb 5, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #94 of 110
Thanks, but the text doesn't match the pictures on the FiiO website?

For instance, the picture for bass boost is down, up, up, having 2 and 3 up is treble boost and normal bass.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #99 of 110
My FA9 arrived yesterday, but I am disappointed. When compared to my AKG K701, FA9 does not have the spacious sound stage, does not have the resolving capability to bring out the texture of string music, and it costs twice as much.
Is it unfair to compare an IEM to an over-year?

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #101 of 110
Well , yes it is quite unfair to do such a comparison especially with the 701 which is famous for it's staging!!!

Regarding string texture , give it some time to open up and experiment with the switches.
Thanks. I guess I expected too much based on the hype I read in the reviews. I have to say the FA9 does shine with voice, to my ears.

Sep 10, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #102 of 110
FiiO newbie here... Has anyone spent a decent amount of time with both the FH7 and FA9? Like always, reviews seem to favour the latest hot thing, thinking it must be better, so I'd like to read some opinions from people who actually had them in their ears for plenty of days and also with classical music and jazz instead of only "amplified music".

I'm looking for the more neutral setup as I don't like overpowering bass or treble, and from reading a dozen reviews the FA9 seems to be the obvious choice. But I'm also reading they are rather boring. If that is sound profile-wise then it may just be my cup of tea, but I value musicality, rhythm, and timing higher than a neutral sound, so if boring means uninviting then I may want to go for the FH7 instead.

Opinions are greatly appreciated...

drftr

Sep 10, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #103 of 110
FiiO newbie here... Has anyone spent a decent amount of time with both the FH7 and FA9? Like always, reviews seem to favour the latest hot thing, thinking it must be better, so I'd like to read some opinions from people who actually had them in their ears for plenty of days and also with classical music and jazz instead of only "amplified music".

I'm looking for the more neutral setup as I don't like overpowering bass or treble, and from reading a dozen reviews the FA9 seems to be the obvious choice. But I'm also reading they are rather boring. If that is sound profile-wise then it may just be my cup of tea, but I value musicality, rhythm, and timing higher than a neutral sound, so if boring means uninviting then I may want to go for the FH7 instead.

Opinions are greatly appreciated...

drftr

Go FH7, FA9 is not what you need there. FA9 is warmer, you need a more neutral signature from what I understand. For acoustic music they are better, more airy treble.

Sep 10, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #104 of 110
Go FH7, FA9 is not what you need there. FA9 is warmer, you need a more neutral signature from what I understand. For acoustic music they are better, more airy treble.
I think I bookmarked your video review for tomorrow if I remember well. Any other serious contenders at maximum that price range that I absolutely need to research?

Tnx...

drftr

Sep 11, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #105 of 110
I think I bookmarked your video review for tomorrow if I remember well. Any other serious contenders at maximum that price range that I absolutely need to research?

Tnx...

drftr
I returned my FA9, and bought Audiosense T800. I am very happy about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back