FiiO FA9 - 6 Knowles BA IEM w/3 sound adjustment switche
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:08 PM Post #77 of 110
Because of covid. We have restrictions.
Ok, I was fortunate enough to demo FA7, FH7 and FA9.
I really like a good bass tone and kick but FA7 is so overwhelming they sound muddy as you pointed out. Everything sounds like you are resting your head on a subwoofer and I didn't enjoy it even though I am a bit of a bass head.
FA9 is much more controlled and detailed but because there is no dynamic driver there is no slam and they seem to analytical to me, too tame. I didn't fiddle with the switches but everybody states they don't do much, at least not so much they will change the overall tonality.
FH7 is the best of both worlds, and as soon as I hear them I knew I could not help myself from buying them. The sound is so lively, natural and engaging no matter what kind of music you like. I enjoy them with death metal, techno, bluegrass, a cappella, hip hop, grindcore,....whatever you throw at them they handle it with ease.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #88 of 110
I made a video review about the FA9. A written one is coming too! I added all the critique, extra memes, fun and comedy, as it is usual for my videos and style! :)

I really like your videos. Thanks for awesome content!

Jan 6, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #90 of 110
FiiO FA9 is going to be king in the ~500 USD IEMs if you love a natural, smoother, warmer sound. Not only that, but you can flavor it using the switches at the back, and for an IEM that's made by FiiO, I actually went ahead and compared it directly to flagships. You guys deserve the best when you're paying this much, so I help my article helps you figure out whether FA9, the all-BA flagship from FiiO is going to be your next purchase or not!!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/01/paradigm-shift-complete-fiio-fa9-earphones-review.html

1609930208465.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back