FiiO FA9 - 6 Knowles BA IEM w/3 sound adjustment switche
Jun 22, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #61 of 110
What do you think of the FA9 and especially the LC-RE?
I took some time! I use switches 1-ON 2-ON 3-OFF playing mostly Flac from Deezer and HibyR5 with 4.4mm Pentacom balanced connector.
First, I have to say I love the softness of the Fiio LC-RE cable my softest cable yet with best plug system.
Fiio LC-RE cable improved all range of the frequencies of the Fiio FA9, the bass is tougher/stronger mids and highs smoother/clearer.
There is no hiss in low impedance mode.
Fiio HS7 carry case is my saviour because I can finally nicely put Fiio FA9 with all needed plugs, switch tool, spare Spinfits and Hiby R5 inside with safer feeling travelling.
SO FAR VERY HAPPY with purchase!!!!

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #65 of 110
Can anyone with the FA9's compare them to the SE846's? I was considering replacing the Shures with the FA9 but was unsure if they measured up..

I haven't compared them myself, but my friend who owns both says he prefers the FA9, but the se846 has more bass. One review on Amazon for the FA9 also says the same thing. That's all I heard though. I'm interested in how the older se846 holds up against a 2020 flagship like the FA9. I love my FA9 though, no regrets :wink:

Jun 26, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #66 of 110
I haven't compared them myself, but my friend who owns both says he prefers the FA9, but the se846 has more bass. One review on Amazon for the FA9 also says the same thing. That's all I heard though. I'm interested in how the older se846 holds up against a 2020 flagship like the FA9. I love my FA9 though, no regrets :wink:
Great, thanks. Yes, I too am interested in hearing from others who might've heard both. The se846 still costs almost twice as much, and wondering if I'd lose anything besides a little bass if I switched.

Jul 5, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #68 of 110
I really like the possibility to change FA9 as you like its impedance, sound profile. I have two different IEMs that can do this but Fiio FA9 is way better at this.

Jul 5, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #69 of 110
Our full review for the FA9 is now published with comparisons to the FH7, FA7, and the FH5 :)

https://headfonics.com/fiio-fa9-review/

Have to note that FiiO's aliexpress store is selling at $499 now.

1593946867270.png

Jul 5, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #70 of 110
Hello, im using M11 Pro with FA7 stock cable , and FA7 has some bass bleeding, a lot of bass bleeding. Im in that point, where im looking for a new iem. What do you guys recomand. I will go with Fiio because logistic isuese due to pandemic. Im from România and Fiio is oficial.

Jul 5, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #71 of 110
The headfonics review has probably helped me decide not to buy the FA9. there is very little in the way of reviews, and this review only compares against other Fiio models. Would've been more helpful to see it reviewed against other similar multi driver offerings in or around the same price range.

Jul 5, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #72 of 110
The headfonics review has probably helped me decide not to buy the FA9. there is very little in the way of reviews, and this review only compares against other Fiio models. Would've been more helpful to see it reviewed against other similar multi driver offerings in or around the same price range.

Horses for courses. :)

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #73 of 110
Horses for courses. :)

Oh don't get me wrong its a good review as your reviews always are however its not giving me any idea how they compare to others in their range.

Jul 5, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #74 of 110
Oh don't get me wrong its a good review as your reviews always are however its not giving me any idea how they compare to others in their range.

I am sure there will be new reviews shortly that bring in other comparisons though. I tend to find at this price point you need several reviews to complete the picture as there are so many possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back