FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 23, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #961 of 1,544
Finally got my F9 Pro today and im already a fan. The new cable is great and the little soft pouch is very nice too. Its too early to comment on the sound quality but it feels like an improvement. The bass is definitely more punchy.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #962 of 1,544
Finally got my F9 Pro today and im already a fan. The new cable is great and the little soft pouch is very nice too. Its too early to comment on the sound quality but it feels like an improvement. The bass is definitely more punchy.
Glad you got it and like it. The cable is the same as the one that ships with the F9. They only changed the jack to L shape. Everything else is the same with the cables.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #963 of 1,544

How is the bass more punchy when it uses the same dynamic driver?

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #964 of 1,544
Bass is very present and pronounced on the F9 Pro. Sub bass is very good as well. Especially if you use the small bore tips or better yet JVC spiral dots. They really enhance the bass significantly. You won’t be disappointed. I love it.
Yep i went straight for the spiral dots. Yet to test it with my metal but the F9 performs well with it already so i can assume its going to be pretty good.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #966 of 1,544
No idea. But when testing some songs it felt like it had more impact than my F9.
Yes that could be due to the spiral dots. It certainly adds a bit more punch to the bass. I’ve tested it on all my IEMs and I can confirm that spiral dots improve the bass much more even when compared to foam tips and spinfits.

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #967 of 1,544
Has anyone used the Fiio RC-MMCXB balanced cable for the F9 or any other IEMs? How much better is the SQ compared to the balanced cable that come with the F9/F9 Pro? Any input on this is welcome. I’m thinking of buying it but if the sound quality is not that significant, i may opt not to. Thanks.

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #968 of 1,544
There won't be any difference. I have the 2 pin balanced and there is no measurable difference between that or any of my other 2 pin cables (nor audible). if you're buying a cable - get it for aesthetic or fit or comfort reasons. Sound should be the last consideration.

I've measured a lot of different cables. there would have to be big changes in impedance to get an audible difference (with the F9 anyway). Really sensitive multi drivers may be a different story - but the F9 is pretty benign in this regard.

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #969 of 1,544
There won't be any difference. I have the 2 pin balanced and there is no measurable difference between that or any of my other 2 pin cables (nor audible). if you're buying a cable - get it for aesthetic or fit or comfort reasons. Sound should be the last consideration.

I've measured a lot of different cables. there would have to be big changes in impedance to get an audible difference (with the F9 anyway). Really sensitive multi drivers may be a different story - but the F9 is pretty benign in this regard.
Thanks Brooko. Absolutely appreciate your reply. I think i’llstick with the supplied cables and thanks for saving me 30 bucks!

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #971 of 1,544
I have a pair coming. I’ll measure them when they arrive

Nov 23, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #972 of 1,544
Sir James, fiio have replacement cable with remote control for F9 that is compatible with IOS devices? the cable comes with my F9 only compatible with android and I'm using my iphone 6s plus for music also while commuting. I hope the F9 pro have cable compatible with IOS. Thanks.
I have this cable and it works perfectly with iOS and Android.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Aipi...32817159070.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.QkQxA3
K1w3YOz.png

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #973 of 1,544
Bass is very present and pronounced on the F9 Pro. Sub bass is very good as well. Especially if you use the small bore tips or better yet JVC spiral dots. They really enhance the bass significantly. You won’t be disappointed. I love it.

Man. This might be my "mid-fi endgame." I love the KZ ZS6 but I would like to upgrade. The F9 Pro is on my shortlist with the TFZ S4.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #974 of 1,544
Could use some input on a purchase decision. Considering the Fiio F9, Fiio F9 Pro, and MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. Pricing in the UK puts these all within about £30 of each other. Will largely be using a Cayin N3 as a source, and listening to hard rock, pop, vocals, and some strings/classical. Should I save the money and go for the F9? Would the P1 for £30 more provide noticeable improvements? Has anyone compared the P1 vs F9 Pro?

Thanks in advance for any input on this. . .

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #975 of 1,544
After a few weeks of indecisiveness, finally pulled the trigger on the Fiio F9 Red's. Recently purchased the FiiO K5 and E17K Alpen 2 and have been impressed with the quality of FiiO products and figured i would give these a try.

I've heard a lot about the treble spikes but I lean towards brighter sound signature (my main home speakers are Klipsch Reference 2 lines) and hoping these will be my portable solution for on-the-go listening. My experience in IEM's are limited and can't wait to get my hands on the these.

Also, thanks for the informative thread everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back