FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #1,096 of 1,544
I felt like the F9 was maybe a tough long term listen. The F9 PRO seems more detailed yet less fatiguing. Quality of drivers? Very slight difference in tuning? I like it better. Sounds like an EX1000. The regular F9 sounded like a A83. I am splitting hairs here but i believe it so.....I wrote the PRO review but not the F9 yet

You're really selling me on these man. And since you're a basshead I heavily trust your perspective. I'm not as far down the bass path as you but I really dislike hearing about how something is "warm and bassy" from people on here when it sounds thin to me.

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #1,097 of 1,544
You're really selling me on these man. And since you're a basshead I heavily trust your perspective. I'm not as far down the bass path as you but I really dislike hearing about how something is "warm and bassy" from people on here when it sounds thin to me.

You know about the FH1 right?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...e-dual-drivers-hi-res-audio-certified.864308/

Supposed to be fuller...fat bottomed girl. Might be worth waiting for compares before pulling triggers. Just to be safe. If it punches like F5 but fits like F9 then that would be a sweet spot I would enjoy.

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,098 of 1,544
Dec 2, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #1,100 of 1,544
55Hz is higher than any treble point on their graph and the JVC used brass on the SZ bass beasts to great effect so...I am personally curious :) I am a fan of the F5 so that with better fit like an F9 plus a knowles for upper mid and treble and that might be my personal sweet spot in their series. Sounds like it could be anyway

Dec 2, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,101 of 1,544
55Hz is higher than any treble point on their graph and the JVC used brass on the SZ bass beasts to great effect so...I am personally curious :) I am a fan of the F5 so that with better fit like an F9 plus a knowles for upper mid and treble and that might be my personal sweet spot in their series. Sounds like it could be anyway

The fact that it's a Knowles is a big selling point. In this age of either going for ALL THE DRIVERS or making a single dynamic, a 1+1 hybrid is really intriguing. Might pick one up when it hits Amazon.

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #1,102 of 1,544
24174452_1565603770199687_1109469489534273974_n.jpg

Out of the box.. treble seemed splashy. Attached the red bore tips.. instantly fixed the treble to an extent. Still on the burn in period... i like to burn iems in my ear. Hoping the treble will settle down but I DONT MIND ... The only record that pisses me off with the treble is SUMMER MADNESS by Kool & The Gang...

Bass is super punchy.. Like it.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #1,103 of 1,544
You know about the FH1 right?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...e-dual-drivers-hi-res-audio-certified.864308/

Supposed to be fuller...fat bottomed girl. Might be worth waiting for compares before pulling triggers. Just to be safe. If it punches like F5 but fits like F9 then that would be a sweet spot I would enjoy.

I was looking forward to FH1 as well, but I decided that I would just cash out for F9Pro's. I feared that FH1 would be optimized for a more popular V-shaped sound signature, and that they would sound too muddy and unclear.
Although I don't see Fiio as an unfair trader, quite the opposite. But I still refuse to believe that they would release almost as good sounding earphone for 1/2 price of their flagship. But perhaps it will have a better price/performance than F9Pro.

Hmm. Curious. Part of me wonders if it's just an F9 with one of the BAs removed, though.

Even if that's the case, they do seem to have a different dynamic driver, as well as the brass tube might make them sound more colored towards low-end.

All in all, I hope that I made the right choice for me to go with F9Pro, I desperately needed new earphones for outdoors, as EX1 2nd gen had too much outside noise leakage. They are great for quiet environments (except when there is someone sitting next to you and getting annoyed by the sound leaks).
Hopefully F9Pro's leak very little, I didn't notice anyone mentioning anything bad about that in reviews.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #1,106 of 1,544
You don’t need an external amp - they are very easy to drive.

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,108 of 1,544
Hey all which portable amp would you suggest I purchase to run with these on my pixel c tablet?

Thanks

I'm quite sure I said this once before a few days ago to someone, but they really don;t ask for an amp, they are easy to drive IEMs :smile_phones:

I don't know if Pixel C tablet has a horrible HO that might sound noisy as I had one on an HTC820, which sounded very quiet and distorted compared to almost anything else, but F9 can be driven from anything in general. Do you require more volume than you can get from Pixel C, or you want a different sound?

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #1,109 of 1,544
24174452_1565603770199687_1109469489534273974_n.jpg

Out of the box.. treble seemed splashy. Attached the red bore tips.. instantly fixed the treble to an extent. Still on the burn in period... i like to burn iems in my ear. Hoping the treble will settle down but I DONT MIND ... The only record that pisses me off with the treble is SUMMER MADNESS by Kool & The Gang...

Bass is super punchy.. Like it.

That is some really nice packaging.

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,110 of 1,544
Man this is killing me.

I keep staring at this and the FH1. Since the P1 has turned into kind of a failure with my v30 I'm super interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back