FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Dec 1, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #1,081 of 1,544
Hey there, my friend!

I have not compared them before.

Let's do it from a FiiO F9 perspective then :smile_cat:

FiiO F9 vs Oriveti New Primacy - Starting with the bottom end, F9 has a similar bottom end, with a very good extension but ONP has slightly more definition, the midrange is less forward on F9, where it is somewhat forward on ONP, and the treble is rather smooth and relaxed on ONP, while it is energetic and maybe just a bit peaky on F9. Even though its price is about 1/3 of ONP, FiiO F9 proves to be an excellent performer, providing, at times, even more details in the high registers and in the upper midrange. Where ONP excels is in the bass, where it feels more rounded and snappier, and although its treble is very smooth, it also features a pretty good extension. Both IEMs are excellent performers at their price point, but their signatures are different ONP appealing to people looking for a smooth and relaxing experience, while F9 appeals more to folks who are looking for an uplifting listen

I hope this helps!
seriously helpful comparison , good job ,

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #1,082 of 1,544
Just got the F9 Pro in from Aliexpress and burning them in on my FiiO X7 II. Need to give them some time to open up but even right out of the package with the balanced cable, I am impressed with the sound. Add to that, they are the most comfortable iem's I've ever worn (besides my regular F9s :wink:)! The connectors are so much easier to attach than the F9 (older build which I have). Thanks FiiO!

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

P.S. - #Make the Beerchug Bigger

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #1,084 of 1,544
Hi,
You can get warranty if you bought the product from our offical store in Aliexpress. So please don't worry. But it may be more convenient to buy from a local seller directly.
Best regards

True.. But you have to ship the iem back to China from your address paying the required courier fee yourself. Local authorised service center look after products sold by them only.
Thanks for the info though.

Dec 1, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,087 of 1,544
Hey there, my friend!

I have not compared them before.

Let's do it from a FiiO F9 perspective then :smile_cat:

FiiO F9 vs Oriveti New Primacy - Starting with the bottom end, F9 has a similar bottom end, with a very good extension but ONP has slightly more definition, the midrange is less forward on F9, where it is somewhat forward on ONP, and the treble is rather smooth and relaxed on ONP, while it is energetic and maybe just a bit peaky on F9. Even though its price is about 1/3 of ONP, FiiO F9 proves to be an excellent performer, providing, at times, even more details in the high registers and in the upper midrange. Where ONP excels is in the bass, where it feels more rounded and snappier, and although its treble is very smooth, it also features a pretty good extension. Both IEMs are excellent performers at their price point, but their signatures are different ONP appealing to people looking for a smooth and relaxing experience, while F9 appeals more to folks who are looking for an uplifting listen

I hope this helps!

Thanks a lot George for taking time for me and comparing both, it's really helpful.

Dec 1, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #1,090 of 1,544
Liked the review and enjoyed your new site! I'll visit 999,999 more times to help you along...:wink:

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

#Head-Fi, make the Beerchug Bigger!

Thanks. Like my YT channel and blog it starts slow then snowballs....but please do the 999,9999,99999 thing :wink:

Chris, great review as usual. No fuss...only business:)

Thanks!

Over 10% of the world population has A.D.H.D
No joke. Cannot read mini book reviews. First X5III vid comment was ( be more like____), but that was 39,000 views, 235 comments under vid and 250 likes ago. We need the basics, ask what gap needs filled and pull triggers and buy. I serve them. Brooko, Twister serve other folks. It all works out. Zeos...seen him almost not mention the item he reviews in the review and talk about 10 other things then summarize something and get 14 trillion views and excited buyers with almost know real info based on what he just didn't say....lol...the world is a rainbow :)

I enjoy the F9 PRO with the Q1MkII bass boost very much. Without bass raised it is a little too light on bass. EX1000 and others are too so no biggie. Fit....is awesome

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,091 of 1,544
Thanks. Like my YT channel and blog it starts slow then snowballs....but please do the 999,9999,99999 thing :wink:

Thanks!

Over 10% of the world population has A.D.H.D
No joke. Cannot read mini book reviews. First X5III vid comment was ( be more like____), but that was 39,000 views, 235 comments under vid and 250 likes ago. We need the basics, ask what gap needs filled and pull triggers and buy. I serve them. Brooko, Twister serve other folks. It all works out. Zeos...seen him almost not mention the item he reviews in the review and talk about 10 other things then summarize something and get 14 trillion views and excited buyers with almost know real info based on what he just didn't say....lol...the world is a rainbow :)

I enjoy the F9 PRO with the Q1MkII bass boost very much. Without bass raised it is a little too light on bass. EX1000 and others are too so no biggie. Fit....is awesome

so how far is the PRO from the first F9, is it a near, midway or long departure?

Dec 1, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #1,092 of 1,544
Virtually identical. 7 kHz peak shifted more toward 8 kHz, and for me actually really works. Cymbals aren't as splashy - it sounds a lot better.

Dec 2, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #1,094 of 1,544
so how far is the PRO from the first F9, is it a near, midway or long departure?

I felt like the F9 was maybe a tough long term listen. The F9 PRO seems more detailed yet less fatiguing. Quality of drivers? Very slight difference in tuning? I like it better. Sounds like an EX1000. The regular F9 sounded like a A83. I am splitting hairs here but i believe it so.....I wrote the PRO review but not the F9 yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back