FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 20, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #916 of 1,544
Ok, here goes my first impressions on the F9 Pro. Please note that I only listened to the earlier F9 for a brief time and found that to be a little sibilant and a tad too bright for me.

Build quality of the F9 Pro is stellar and the new titanium color which is exclusive to the Pro is nice. The 3.5mm and 2.5mm cables are the same as the previous ones but the Pro comes with 6 additional pairs of tips, so in total there are 9 pairs of silicon tips and 3 pairs of foam tips. To recap, you get 3 pairs of foam tips, 3 pairs of wide bore tips, 3 pairs of medium bore tips and 3 pairs of narrow bore tips. You also get a new carry case in addition to the hard case as per my pics above.

Sound quality out of the box is very nice. I don’t hear the unwanted brightness i mentioned about in the earlier F9 and the treble seems much smoother and easier on the ears. I tried switching the tips between the large, medium and narrow bore tips and for my listening preference, the narrow bore tips gave me a well rounded sound reproduction and the snuggest fit in my ears. The narrow bore tips also increased the bass presence a little but didn’t effect the mids and highs significantly. The sound signature is very pleasant and I found that i hear much more detail than any other IEM i have tried including the TFZ Exclusive 5 which i own as well. Staging was brilliant and much wider than the TFZ. Separation was very good and even on rock songs, it sounded a little mushy on the TFZ but sounds fantastic on the F9 Pro.

I’m not a professional audiophiler but i know good sound when i hear it and to sum it up, the Fiio F9 Pro is the best IEM i have ever set my ears upon. It’s fun to listen to, doesnt favour any frequency, has good bass when needed and sub bass is very present and very evident in songs that have the extensions well laid out. Mids are pronounced and super clear, and the highs are just beautiful, Not sibilant and nowhere near the dark sounding TFZ Exclusive 5. The Fiio F9 Pro is not the brightest sounding IEM, nether is it dark sounding. To me, it pushes all the right buttons and would satisfy the majority of listeners. It’s a very balanced sounding IEM.
I used the Fiio X3iii (balanced output) and an iPhone 6s (single ended output) as the music sources. The balanced connection from the X3iii produced much better separation and a tad more clarity to the already stellar sound signature of the F9 Pro.

I love the F9 Pro and am sure you would too.!
P.s. i’m burning them in as we speak.

thanks, very detail and helpful.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 20, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #917 of 1,544
for most spare accessories of our products, it is free but may charge a little shipping cost . you can contact our customer service and they will help you guys to get some spare parts.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 20, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #918 of 1,544
Ok, here goes my first impressions on the F9 Pro. Please note that I only listened to the earlier F9 for a brief time and found that to be a little sibilant and a tad too bright for me.

Build quality of the F9 Pro is stellar and the new titanium color which is exclusive to the Pro is nice. The 3.5mm and 2.5mm cables are the same as the previous ones but the Pro comes with 6 additional pairs of tips, so in total there are 9 pairs of silicon tips and 3 pairs of foam tips. To recap, you get 3 pairs of foam tips, 3 pairs of wide bore tips, 3 pairs of medium bore tips and 3 pairs of narrow bore tips. You also get a new carry case in addition to the hard case as per my pics above.

Sound quality out of the box is very nice. I don’t hear the unwanted brightness i mentioned about in the earlier F9 and the treble seems much smoother and easier on the ears. I tried switching the tips between the large, medium and narrow bore tips and for my listening preference, the narrow bore tips gave me a well rounded sound reproduction and the snuggest fit in my ears. The narrow bore tips also increased the bass presence a little but didn’t effect the mids and highs significantly. The sound signature is very pleasant and I found that i hear much more detail than any other IEM i have tried including the TFZ Exclusive 5 which i own as well. Staging was brilliant and much wider than the TFZ. Separation was very good and even on rock songs, it sounded a little mushy on the TFZ but sounds fantastic on the F9 Pro.

I’m not a professional audiophiler but i know good sound when i hear it and to sum it up, the Fiio F9 Pro is the best IEM i have ever set my ears upon. It’s fun to listen to, doesnt favour any frequency, has good bass when needed and sub bass is very present and very evident in songs that have the extensions well laid out. Mids are pronounced and super clear, and the highs are just beautiful, Not sibilant and nowhere near the dark sounding TFZ Exclusive 5. The Fiio F9 Pro is not the brightest sounding IEM, nether is it dark sounding. To me, it pushes all the right buttons and would satisfy the majority of listeners. It’s a very balanced sounding IEM.
I used the Fiio X3iii (balanced output) and an iPhone 6s (single ended output) as the music sources. The balanced connection from the X3iii produced much better separation and a tad more clarity to the already stellar sound signature of the F9 Pro.

I love the F9 Pro and am sure you would too.!
P.s. i’m burning them in as we speak.
Excellent impressions , how about the vocals presentation ,??

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #920 of 1,544
zestaw.jpg
końcówka.jpg
shells.jpg
rNWpaNwx4yAkpa9e2

Hi to everyone. It's my first post here :).I got mine two hours ago. Now preparing video from unboxing. The first impressions: excellent sound. Much better than F9 I listened at the shop. Very detailed, the trebles are not exaggerated. Vocals are natural, you could even hear noises from vinyl recorsings. Everything is packed very well, no unnecessary pictures on the box. Really Premium class. I ordered mine the 16th, so it took only 3 days to Poland. No custom fees :). I'm satisfied :).

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #921 of 1,544
Excellent impressions , how about the vocals presentation ,??
I was listening to Diana Krall’s Wallflower album earlier and her vocals were husky smooth and well presented not at the extreme forefront but in the front of the band. I’m listening to Macy Gray’s Stripped album now and the soundstage and separation on this is out of this world. Truly a remarkable difference for me coming from the TFZ and my earlier Pioneer CHB9 IEMs. Mark Knopfler is playing now his vocals sound pristine, deep and never lost in the instruments. Seriously, the soundstage and separation on the F9 Pro is in a different league, to me at least. There’s a fair bit of airiness in vocals as well. Something i didn’t notice in my earlier IEMs.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #923 of 1,544
How about the bass of the Pro versus the original F9?
Hi, like i said i can’t really say much about the F9 as i only listened to it at the audio shop for about an hour, but the bass on the F9 Pro is brilliant. Not too much, not muddy, not too little yet well presented and the sub bass is audible and blends nicely with the entire listening experience. On another note, i tried using the spinfit cp100 tips as well as the JVC Spiral dots on the F9 Pro and the spiral dots did the trick for me. It improved and further tightened the bass and did not efffect the mids and highs in anyway. The spinfits tamed the bass a little too much for my liking and brightened the highs. The JVC spiral dots did wonders to the sound and comfort wise, it fit in my ears like gloves.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #924 of 1,544
Hi, like i said i can’t really say much about the F9 as i only listened to it at the audio shop for about an hour, but the bass on the F9 Pro is brilliant. Not too much, not muddy, not too little yet well presented and the sub bass is audible and blends nicely with the entire listening experience. On another note, i tried using the spinfit cp100 tips as well as the JVC Spiral dots on the F9 Pro and the spiral dots did the trick for me. It improved and further tightened the bass and did not efffect the mids and highs in anyway. The spinfits tamed the bass a little too much for my liking and brightened the highs. The JVC spiral dots did wonders to the sound and comfort wise, it fit in my ears like gloves.
Im glad to see that someone else agrees! But its just making me more impatient than ever so I can see what these are like myself. A true shame.

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #925 of 1,544
Im glad to see that someone else agrees! But its just making me more impatient than ever so I can see what these are like myself. A true shame.
Great things come to those who wait. Haha, i know how it is when you’re that anxious about it. I called DHL first thing in the morning and to my pleasant surprise they had asked the courier to deliver it to me before 10am.

And indeed JVC Spiral Dots really does something good to the F9 Pro. It doesn’t change the sound signature but it just polishes the sound. You can definitely hear the difference when compared to the other tips.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #926 of 1,544
The whole tip thing is a major PITA. Complys will probably enhance the bass at the expense of upper mids and treble. Symbios are the FOTW, which I haven't tried, but are reported to be the best of both worlds... silicone AND foam.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #927 of 1,544
rNWpaNwx4yAkpa9e2
Hi to everyone. It's my first post here :).I got mine two hours ago. Now preparing video from unboxing. The first impressions: excellent sound. Much better than F9 I listened at the shop. Very detailed, the trebles are not exaggerated. Vocals are natural, you could even hear noises from vinyl recorsings. Everything is packed very well, no unnecessary pictures on the box. Really Premium class. I ordered mine the 16th, so it took only 3 days to Poland. No custom fees :). I'm satisfied :).
Excellent first post, a like from me ,

Nov 20, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #929 of 1,544
How long should take for costumer service to reply to an email, this morning I emailed FiiO.net at 6:55 for F9, that I just purchased, about and issue and in 1 hour they replied to me, but unfortunately I needed to get in touch with Canadian FiiO distributor for warranty, and they provided me with an email, which in return I did sent them email explaining the problem. This was at 8:15 am Eastern time, now its 2:15p.m. and no one yet replied to my email, is this normal?
Please help needed,

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back