FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 4, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #841 of 1,544
A bit annoyed whenever I see the in-line remote, is there really demand for that?

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #842 of 1,544
A bit annoyed whenever I see the in-line remote, is there really demand for that?

I guess the answer is obviously "yes" !

Most music enthusiasts will use their smartphone along with their daps with budget to mid tier iems and it's very helpful to have an in-line remote. However, the cable is removable and further to my knowledge the original F9 came with 2 cables to suits both balanced and unbalanced needs, even if the Pro doesn't you won't have any issue to find a good mmcx cable for less than $50.

Furthermore, technology has greatly improved to avoid issues related to in line remotes.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #843 of 1,544
I guess the answer is obviously "yes" !

Most music enthusiasts will use their smartphone along with their daps with budget to mid tier iems and it's very helpful to have an in-line remote. However, the cable is removable and further to my knowledge the original F9 came with 2 cables to suits both balanced and unbalanced needs, even if the Pro doesn't you won't have any issue to find a good mmcx cable for less than $50.

Furthermore, technology has greatly improved to avoid issues related to in line remotes.
I understand. This is what made me buy the F9 SE (is not about sound quality, I just don't like "extra" stuff on my cable and had no use for the balanced one).

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #850 of 1,544
Newbie, pratical question here about connecting the 2.5mm balanced cable to a phone :
Would using an adapter result in quality loss?
Any recommended 2.5 to 3.5 adaptors?

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #851 of 1,544
Newbie, pratical question here about connecting the 2.5mm balanced cable to a phone :

Well, it might, but it's not very likely. Besides, why not just use the 3.5mm cable that's included?

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #852 of 1,544
Hi, yeah using the supplied 3.5mm single ended jack would be the best choice. However if you need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, one of the best available is the Fiio L26. I have it and the SQ is great and no audio sound loss detected to my ears at least. More details here http://m.fiio.net/en/products/60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back