FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 26, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #541 of 1,544
I've had the E1001 Triple driver. The sound is quite dull and that was on a QP1r! Also, the end of the ear tip is touching the end of the nozzle and therefore, if very hard with no give and is uncomfortable.

So if i understand yopu right DC.."dull" and not "comfortable" is your verdict..Hmm,me wounder if the N3 who many consider as a very "clear"sounding DAP would change the outcome to something like Triple or Quad Driver from 1moore..The Fiio X1 II Gen are the one i like better then the Tiple when it come to Vocals..Triple moore do for Blues/Rock..I'm vaiting now for the N3 to pair with tyhe Quads..hope that those two will pair good..time will tell..

Sidenote:I could not resist buying those two,Cayin N3 (Red) 112US and the Quads for 109US..1Moore Quads for that price..just had to buy them...

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #543 of 1,544
I've had the E1001 Triple driver. The sound is quite dull and that was on a QP1r! Also, the end of the ear tip is touching the end of the nozzle and therefore, if very hard with no give and is uncomfortable.
:frowning2: Well, that is unfortunate. Uncomfortable and dull...not a stellar recommendation for the 1 More Triple Drivers, and quite different from what the majority of reviewers have had to say about them. I have the 1More Quad Driver IEM, not the Tripple Driver, but my initial impression of them is that they are neither uncomfortable nor dull but haven't had them long enough to really put them through their paces. I really like them so far, but don't have the FiiO F9s to compare them to. Everybody's ears are different, of course, but I hope someone else with experience with 1 More's IEMs will respond with a more positive comparison, lol.

Holly

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #544 of 1,544
:frowning2: Well, that is unfortunate. Uncomfortable and dull...not a stellar recommendation for the 1 More Triple Drivers, and quite different from what the majority of reviewers have had to say about them. I have the 1More Quad Driver IEM, not the Tripple Driver, but my initial impression of them is that they are neither uncomfortable nor dull but haven't had them long enough to really put them through their paces. I really like them so far, but don't have the FiiO F9s to compare them to. Everybody's ears are different, of course, but I hope someone else with experience with 1 More's IEMs will respond with a more positive comparison, lol.

Holly

I am still waiting for someone to chip in and tell us that their £3000.00 IEMs are better than the FiiO F9s, that is usually what happens on other boards.

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #545 of 1,544
I am still waiting for someone to chip in and tell us that their £3000.00 IEMs are better than the FiiO F9s, that is usually what happens on other boards.
Not sure why you quoted my comment to make the point of your post, but OK... Not that they are any where close to the price you mentioned of 3000 pounds sterling, but I certainly said nothing about my current IEMs being better than the F9s - how could I when I have never even heard the F9's? I got impatient because the F9s were out of stock seemingly everywhere at the time I was in need of a new pair of IEMS. I decided upon the 1More Quads after reading mostly positive reviews about them but the F9s are still on my wish list. A comparison of the two before I buy the F9s would be useful to me, obviously, but I intend to get the F9s when I can afford to do so. I hope to be able to do my own comparison at some point, but in the meantime... :)

Holly

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #546 of 1,544
i tried f9 today. that treble peak make me feel fatigue/head ache right away ;( for example it is gone after switch to fiio ex1
could we fix it somehow or make less noticeable physically? tips? cable?

/stock cables are awesome/

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #547 of 1,544
Not sure why you quoted my comment to make the point of your post, but OK... Not that they are any where close to the price you mentioned of 3000 pounds sterling, but I certainly said nothing about my current IEMs being better than the F9s - how could I when I have never even heard the F9's? I got impatient because the F9s were out of stock seemingly everywhere at the time I was in need of a new pair of IEMS. I decided upon the 1More Quads after reading mostly positive reviews about them but the F9s are still on my wish list. A comparison of the two before I buy the F9s would be useful to me, obviously, but I intend to get the F9s when I can afford to do so. I hope to be able to do my own comparison at some point, but in the meantime... :)

Holly

Lost in translation I guess.

I was trying to say that I was waiting for someone to compare their expensive IEMs with the F9s and suggest they are better for you. I guess that only happens on Reddit.

Sep 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #548 of 1,544
i tried f9 today. that treble peak make me feel fatigue/head ache right away ;( for example it is gone after switch to fiio ex1
could we fix it somehow or make less noticeable physically? tips? cable?

/stock cables are awesome/

What is this high treble peak that everyone is talking about? I believe Brooko showed it on a graph, but what am I supposed to be hearing? Nothing that I am hearing is giving me fatigue or a headache.

Sep 26, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #549 of 1,544
Lost in translation I guess.

I was trying to say that I was waiting for someone to compare their expensive IEMs with the F9s and suggest they are better for you. I guess that only happens on Reddit.
lol - I understood your point, just didn't think my post qualified as proof of your point. :wink:

I have seen that sort of post here on Head-Fi too, it is not just Reddit. Audiophiles being audiophiles, some folks just think that whatever they like is the best thing since sliced bread and that everyone else should agree with them. And some people just don't see why comparing their ultra-expensive audio setup to one that cost less than $100 seems so ridiculous to the rest of us. You don't always get what you pay for, and costing more money doesn't necessarily mean something is of better quality, but something that costs 30 times more than "X" in the same category has a good chance of being at least "slightly" better, lol, just for the quality of the materials themselves, unless it is a complete scam. Pretty much like comparing apples to oranges, as the old saying goes.

Holly

Sep 26, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #554 of 1,544
lol - I understood your point, just didn't think my post qualified as proof of your point. :wink:

I have seen that sort of post here on Head-Fi too, it is not just Reddit. Audiophiles being audiophiles, some folks just think that whatever they like is the best thing since sliced bread and that everyone else should agree with them. And some people just don't see why comparing their ultra-expensive audio setup to one that cost less than $100 seems so ridiculous to the rest of us. You don't always get what you pay for, and costing more money doesn't necessarily mean something is of better quality, but something that costs 30 times more than "X" in the same category has a good chance of being at least "slightly" better, lol, just for the quality of the materials themselves, unless it is a complete scam. Pretty much like comparing apples to oranges, as the old saying goes.

Holly

Glad you didn't take offence.

These are the first true IEMs that I have owned but I have many pairs of standard earphones including the Noise Reducing B&Os and I have to give credit to FiiO in that these F9s are better than all of my earphones. Even if you went ahead and bought them blindly like I did I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

Sep 26, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #555 of 1,544
Just use EQ to lower the nearest band to 7khz (The peak) by a few DB. Two dB is fine for me.

I don't know if mine is faulty or if I have exceptional hearing but, when I turn on the equaliser and leave it on FLAT, that is supposed to be the same as OFF, I hear a reduction in sound quality. So if I turn on my equalizer and lower that treble peak, the sound quality as a whole has been reduced too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back