FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #526 of 1,544
Fingerbobs was 1972 original, staring Joffi and Fingermouse. They did a new version in 1885 called Fingermouse.

Sorry, I watched a lot of TV in the early 70's!

Ah that's right....that joffi is a bit creepy.

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #528 of 1,544
Sep 24, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #529 of 1,544
I've got a red pair of F9's. So are the red or the grey opaque tips the bass tips?

The opaque grey tips are the ones I use as they give a better bass response, to my ears at least. I was disappointed with the F9's at first using the red tips but when I switched to the opaque tips - wow! The difference they made was immediate: richer, weightier, more musical sound. Now I understood the excellent reviews.

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #531 of 1,544
Hi

Here's a review and it says the opposite if you look at the accessories section: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-f9-headphones-review/

Just goes to show how everyone hears differently. Maybe, with IEM's it's down to the shape of the ear canal and getting a good seal?

Regards

Darren

My personal take is that F9 has a pleathora of accessories included, especially if we consider that most ~100$ IEMs will not include two pairs of cables, and one of them balanced...

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #532 of 1,544
Hi

Here's a review and it says the opposite if you look at the accessories section: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-f9-headphones-review/

Just goes to show how everyone hears differently. Maybe, with IEM's it's down to the shape of the ear canal and getting a good seal?

Regards

Darren

I have to disagree, as my experience is exactly the opposite; the red tips make the F9's thin-sounding to my ears. As you say, getting a good seal is paramount and perhaps the opaque tips facilitate that better in my case. What I do know, is that they make the F9's sound fantastic, especially at the price.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #534 of 1,544
Hi

Regards

Darren

Even Shure SE846 can sound bad if you do n't get a good fit with tips that suit you ears and have a neutral effect on the sound the IEMs create.

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #535 of 1,544
I got the best fit/sound with Comply foam tips. I do have differently shaped ear canals though, so it would make sense that the foam would suit me better than the typical tips. Your mileage may vary, of course.

I can agree with the above sentiment that these are a friggin' steal for $99. I like these better than the Hifiman RE-600 that I had, at about half the price.

Sep 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #537 of 1,544
I have to disagree, as my experience is exactly the opposite; the red tips make the F9's thin-sounding to my ears. As you say, getting a good seal is paramount and perhaps the opaque tips facilitate that better in my case. What I do know, is that they make the F9's sound fantastic, especially at the price.

I have the black F9's. With stock cable I tried the all-black tips and they had too much bass and high end seemed constrained, the opaque black with red core tips had less but good bass and opened up the high end. I then got a silver plated cable and it was a bit bright with the opaque black with red core tips, switched back to the all black tips and it had fuller sound and high end was better and less bright. So for black F9's, my ears say the all black tips are the bass tips.

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #538 of 1,544
I like the sound character of the F9's. Not super experienced with audiophile terminology, maybe there's a better term for this. I've done some primal A-B testing between my F9's and my over-the-ear headphones, and receiver/speakers. The over-the-ear headphones sound like they're playing inside plastic housing (which they are). The receiver/speakers sound like they are speakers in wooden boxes (which they are). I've had some cheap skullcandy IEM's that were all-metal housing and they sounded like it. The Fiio F9's are metal housing with plastic reinforcement inside, and this sound character sounds great, very pleasant. The F9's are more natural sounding to me in this specific quality of the sound than my over-the-ear SoundMagic HP150's.

Sep 25, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #539 of 1,544
Hello dear Music lovers !

All the positive talks regarding Fioo F9...have anyone compared them with 1Moore Triple Driver OR 1Moore Quad Drivers?Input please.And those who might have the above IEm's using it together with the Cayin N3..your thoughts please.

Have an awsome day everyone...//TIA

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #540 of 1,544
I've had the E1001 Triple driver. The sound is quite dull and that was on a QP1r! Also, the end of the ear tip is touching the end of the nozzle and therefore, if very hard with no give and is uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back