FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #481 of 1,544
Just a heads up, FiiO Store has a limited number of F9s available from Amazon UK at £89.00, that's £20.99 cheaper than other UK stockists.
Thanks for the heads up. Order placed - there were 7 left when I ordered mine, now there are 6!

Sep 19, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #483 of 1,544
I hope you enjoy them, they are great. You might need some foam tips as I found that I could not get a good seal or good sound using the supplied silicone tips, but with the foam tips they sound amazing.

Just ordered mine too - fancied the red ones. Everybody loves a bargain:) Which foam tips should I order / are they on Amazon too?

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #484 of 1,544
Just ordered mine too - fancied the red ones. Everybody loves a bargain:) Which foam tips should I order / are they on Amazon too?

You may be okay with silicone tips, unfortunately I have never had success with them.

As for the foam tips, there are many brands. Comply are supposed to be the best, I have the Tx-400 that were supplied with previous earphones but I won't pay £19.99 for 3 pairs. I purchased 5 pairs of Inears for £11.95 but I found they were the wrong size so I then purchased 6 pairs of New Bee Memory Foam tips for £5.99 and they turned out to be really good quality considering the price, plus they have a handy storage box.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071NZ5GQG

Edit: They have them in Red to match your F9s.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #485 of 1,544
You may be okay with silicone tips, unfortunately I have never had success with them.

As for the foam tips, there are many brands. Comply are supposed to be the best, I have the Tx-400 that were supplied with previous earphones but I won't pay £19.99 for 3 pairs. I purchased 5 pairs of Inears for £11.95 but I found they were the wrong size so I then purchased 6 pairs of New Bee Memory Foam tips for £5.99 and they turned out to be really good quality considering the price, plus they have a handy storage box.

I'll try the supplied ones first but I've put a set in my Amazon basket as a reminder just in case - thanks. I'll have to try the set of S/M/L first to see which size I need.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #486 of 1,544
Sorry you misunderstood me. I meant do they have them in their design, are they under the wax mesh guard, or is this fixed mesh?

fixed mesh
20170919_213407.jpg

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #487 of 1,544
So, the balanced cable that comes with F9 is different from FiiO balanced cable for Shure? I mean the MMCX connectors.

I recently got SE425 from a friend and I thought of using F9 balanced cable with them.

Both use a standard MMCX connector. But the rubber surround on the Shure Cable is slightly wider than on the F9. So the F9 cable will fit the Shures, but the Shure cable won't fit (without modification) the F9.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #489 of 1,544
:beyersmile::beyersmile::beyersmile:

Thanks for the tip :))

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #491 of 1,544

Hi New Fiio Owner and all, I noticed the F9 driver is 9.25mm, can the New Bee Memory Foam tips (5mm - 7mm) fit F9? I am new to headfi. Pls advise

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #493 of 1,544
Received mine from Amazon yesterday, as for my initial impression on them; unbalanced: they closely remind me of the Magiaosi K3 Pro on Grey Filters (I haven't heard the K3 HD yet) but with the Fiio F9's mids being slightly better. So if you own a K3 Pro, just be aware. The LZ A4 still outclasses the F9 in everything when it comes to sound, so don't bother getting the Fiio F9 unless you want more isolation and better comfort and look. As for balanced it's the same story: The LZ A4 still outclasses it, while the K3 Pro falls behind the Fiio F9.

The Fiio F9 only comes with cheap silicone tips which you shouldn't bother with if I have to be honest. After tip rolling, the JVC spiral dots were the best for me when it came to isolation and fit. The fitment and comfort allows me to even sleep with them on (no issues and discomfort with laying sideways).

Switching between foam tips and the spiral dots, I was able to notice a slight difference in the sound quality. The foam tips gave me a bit more isolation but unfortunately with the cost of also slightly muffling the sound.

For reference when it comes to sizing; I use the Spin Fit CP100 - S, JVC Spiral Dot - MS.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #494 of 1,544
Received mine from Amazon yesterday, as for my initial impression on them; unbalanced: they closely remind me of the Magiaosi K3 Pro on Grey Filters (I haven't heard the K3 HD yet) but with the Fiio F9's mids being slightly better. So if you own a K3 Pro, just be aware. The LZ A4 still outclasses the F9 in everything when it comes to sound, so don't bother getting the Fiio F9 unless you want more isolation and better comfort and look. As for balanced it's the same story: The LZ A4 still outclasses it, while the K3 Pro falls behind the Fiio F9.

The Fiio F9 only comes with cheap silicone tips which you shouldn't bother with if I have to be honest. After tip rolling, the JVC spiral dots were the best for me when it came to isolation and fit. The fitment and comfort allows me to even sleep with them on (no issues and discomfort with laying sideways).

Switching between foam tips and the spiral dots, I was able to notice a slight difference in the sound quality. The foam tips gave me a bit more isolation but unfortunately with the cost of also slightly muffling the sound.

For reference when it comes to sizing; I use the Spin Fit CP100 - S, JVC Spiral Dot - MS.
That is a big disappointment. Was really excited about the f9s

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #495 of 1,544
So based on one persons point of view (and their individual preferences), you are now disappointed? Why? Do you know what their preferences or bias is? What kind of music and how loud they listen? What the listening conditions were and whether they volume matched properly before comparing? Heck - you don’t even know what filter combo was used. How can you be disappointed based on such little information from one person?

Puzzled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back