FiiO F5- Aerospace Titanium Diaphragm In-ear Monitor
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #407 of 451
I’d focus on the cables that came/come packaged with the F5 and call it a day. Add a Bluetooth cable such as the UE/Jaybird cable for almost endless EQ-esque/tweaking possibilities.

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #409 of 451
Nov 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #411 of 451
Nov 30, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #412 of 451
Last question will a mobile device like the Pixel have a problem powering this or is an amp needed? I have some Sennheiser CX5.00 are 16ohms and I think the Monster DNA's are 24ohms. So, I am not sure how 32ohms would be on the Pixel. Anyone using this with the Pixel(or even Nexus 5x/6p) would like to chime in?

Nov 30, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #413 of 451
Last question will a mobile device like the Pixel have a problem powering this or is an amp needed? I have some Sennheiser CX5.00 are 16ohms and I think the Monster DNA's are 24ohms. So, I am not sure how 32ohms would be on the Pixel. Anyone using this with the Pixel(or even Nexus 5x/6p) would like to chime in?

Pixel should be more than enough for an F5 :smile_phones:

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #415 of 451
Excellent. One of the reviews I saw made it sound like mobile may not be enough. I take cable has no real effect on ohms? Thank you!

I'm not exactly qualified to tell where the impedance lies, buuut I'm pretty sure F9 can be driven from almost anything in this world - My Xiaomi Mi Max 2, which shoudl be less interesting than the Pixel is able to power F9 pretty well, to louder levels than I'd normally listen at. Of course, I enjoy the sound more with something more expensive, but they are absolutely enjoyable from a mobile phone! :darthsmile:

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #418 of 451
Just got my F5 and I have a question for you pixel and Android users. I have the switch on the cable set to Android, however the volume down button, does not work. Like I can get volume up and play/pause to work, but down, it does nothing. Is that like a pixel thing and this more geared towards Samsung android users? Or is it a dud cable?

Edit: Just tried it out on a Moto G4(running 7.0) and the buttons work fine. Not sure why volume down isn't work on the Pixel. Could 8.1 have something to do with it? Tried everything mentioned in this thread, but so far no dice. I may try taking out and plugging it in a few times to see what happens but maybe Oreo did change something.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #419 of 451
Just got my F5 and I have a question for you pixel and Android users. I have the switch on the cable set to Android, however the volume down button, does not work. Like I can get volume up and play/pause to work, but down, it does nothing. Is that like a pixel thing and this more geared towards Samsung android users? Or is it a dud cable?

Edit: Just tried it out on a Moto G4(running 7.0) and the buttons work fine. Not sure why volume down isn't work on the Pixel. Could 8.1 have something to do with it? Tried everything mentioned in this thread, but so far no dice. I may try taking out and plugging it in a few times to see what happens but maybe Oreo did change something.
Hi,
The in-line remote function of the f5 can be compatible to most Android phone. However, different mobilephone manufacturers are sharing different standard of the in-line remote function . So it is difficult for the f5 to be compatible with all the in-line remote for all the Android devices.
Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #420 of 451
Question-None of my music players have a balanced output. Is there an adapter that can be used so I can use the balanced cable into typical music player output (like phone or Fiio X3II again not balanced). I generally like the look and feel of the balanced cables vs the controls cable (that I would never use) provided by Fiio.

Also did they ever sort out the connection issue? Seems like the cables weren't fitting securely and leaving a gap.

Thanks in advance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back